What's new

Indians still copying Pakistani songs and selling as their own

I actually made this thread because often Pakistanis claim that while the Indian film industry is miles ahead, their music industry is nowhere near the quality that Pakistan produces and Indians flip out and go like wtf are you saying?

I wanted to present evidence that the Indian music industry is still heavily dependent upon Pakistani artists whether they pay them or are stealing from them.

Heavily dependent is not the word I would use Asim. Pakistani singers such as Atif and group also “Heavily depend” on Bollywood for a living. Adnan Sami has even applied for Indian citizenship lol As I had said on another thread, music is relative and saying that your music is better than mine or mine is better than yours is nothing but stupid. The interaction that happens between India and Pakistan because of music is nice to see, for example all the songs in My Name is Khan were sung by Pakistani’s and they were all loved a lot. Please don’t politicize music and again indulge in the normal India vs Pakistan war of words. We both need each other and its time we both realize that.

No Bro.. he was not bashing Atif for copying some Korean song.. he was bashing as Atif is big hit but still he is not a good singer ( personally I believe same as once I saw his live program and he was besura.. though he is having different voice and style.. PS: I love all his songs still )..:cheers:
Lol only little schoolgirls in Pakistan listen to Atif Aslam. He indeed is besura. But to each their own, he appeals more to the Indian taste more.

The real good musicians of Pakistan never get called into India and end up getting copied.

Indians probably only know Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Junoon, Atif Aslam, Najam Sheraz, Strings.

There's a massive Industry in Pakistan not just a handful of artists.

I actually know Samina, Salman Ahmed’s wife and when I was talking to her, she told me that Junoon's major turning point was when they came to India for the MTV awards and Sayonee became a smash hit. People like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Shafqat Amanat Ali have gained huge popularity after they started singing in Bollywood movies. Such interaction is good and music should be kept out of the realms of politics.

Heavily dependent is not the word I would use Asim. Pakistani singers such as Atif and group also “Heavily depend” on Bollywood for a living. Adnan Sami has even applied for Indian citizenship lol As I had said on another thread, music is relative and saying that your music is better than mine or mine is better than yours is nothing but stupid. The interaction that happens between India and Pakistan because of music is nice to see, for example all the songs in My Name is Khan were sung by Pakistani’s and they were all loved a lot. Please don’t politicize music and again indulge in the normal India vs Pakistan war of words. We both need each other and its time we both realize that.
I'm not going to go around and say Pakistani music is better than Indian, but Hindi movie music is crap most of the time. Your independent artists are pretty damn good, like Stereo Nation, Daler Mehndi, Bally Sagoo. Then there are the ones who represent you guys from the UK, like Sukhbir, Punjabi MC, Jay Sean, Rishi Rich.

All these people have one thing in common. They make their own music and they don't rip off other people. If you want to sing Pakistani songs, then go ahead, even Americans rehash old songs. But they acknowledge that its a cover for so and so song originally sung by falana falana.

Lol only little schoolgirls in Pakistan listen to Atif Aslam. He indeed is besura. But to each their own, he appeals more to the Indian taste more.

The real good musicians of Pakistan never get called into India and end up getting copied.

Indians probably only know Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Junoon, Atif Aslam, Najam Sheraz, Strings.

There's a massive Industry in Pakistan not just a handful of artists.

India is not only bollywood, The south Indian industry is as big or bigger. Saying that the music industry in India is not massive is a joke.

I don't know why all indians have started to defend plagiarism.... Look Piracy is a crime but you cannot compare it with plagiarism. Piracy is done by individuals not by institutes or industries like Bollywood..... No doubt Bollywood is a Big Gun and plagiarism is its favourite hobby....

and Now when Bollywood has gained popularity many folds I think it should start thinking something original...

About piracy in Pakistan: I guess the only reason why Bollywood is here in Pakistan is Piracy.... There is no cinema culture in Pakistan and believe me if there is no piracy there is no Bollywood in Pakistan

so saving piracy in pakistan is equivalent to saving Bollywood in Pakistan

both are doing the same thing after all we both are same south indian ppl.

i heard one famous pakistani song on youtube which was just copy of famous patriotic indian song written by pradeep
"de di hame azadi bina khadag bina dhaal he sabermati ke sant tune kar diya kamal."

and pakistani musian just replace the the word of gandhi with kayde azam or something like this.
and also replace the pic agrez(british) from gandhi ji in vedio album.

sorry i can't post that video right now but i will do it later.

df6a5d0b9cfa41b0443a88afb7305875.gif

I actually know Samina, Salman Ahmed’s wife and when I was talking to her, she told me that Junoon's major turning point was when they came to India for the MTV awards and Sayonee became a smash hit. People like Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and Shafqat Amanat Ali have gained huge popularity after they started singing in Bollywood movies. Such interaction is good and music should be kept out of the realms of politics.
There is no denying theres a lot more money in India. But that doesn't remove India's moral and ethical responsibilities towards the profession.

I once had the opportunity to speak with Salman too. When they were first going for the Azaadi tour to India, all his cousins came up to him and were like Mujhe Kajol ka autograph laana, Juhi Chawala ka laana, and a lot of names like that. He said when he was carrying out a sounds check before the concert, Kajol sneaked up on him from behind and was like "Can I please have your autograph?"

I think what made Junoon, Junoon is their music, the theme of their music, the vision that Salman Ahmed carries and his experiences.

I'm not going to go around and say Pakistani music is better than Indian, but Hindi movie music is crap most of the time. Your independent artists are pretty damn good, like Stereo Nation, Daler Mehndi, Bally Sagoo. Then there are the ones who represent you guys from the UK, like Sukhbir, Punjabi MC, Jay Sean, Rishi Rich.

All these people have one thing in common. They make their own music and they don't rip off other people. If you want to sing Pakistani songs, then go ahead, even Americans rehash old songs. But they acknowledge that its a cover for so and so song originally sung by falana falana.
I do not agree that Hindi music is crap, that is very unfair judgment. If you guys have Nusrat Saab we have Rafi Saab. Hindi music is among most melodious in the world and is on par with any other forms of music. We have a huge legacy of music spanning from even before independence. Legends like Lata Ji, Asha Ji, Kishore Da, Manna Dey etc etc have left a huge mark on music. They were all Hindi Singers and saying that hindi music is crap is an insult to their work. Music is music and your taste is your taste. It does not automatically make the other guys music crap. Pakistani music is great also but I have heard enough of it also and I can also say that crap exist on your side too. Common singers like Anni or whatever her name is should be hanged for singing lol Yes I agree with you that copyright laws should be enforced in a better way but lets not go into calling each other’s musical legacy crap.

both are doing the same way after all we both are same south indian ppl.

i heard one famous pakistani song on youtube which was just copy of famous patriotic indian song written by pradeep "de di hame azadi bina khadag bina dhaal he sabermati ke sant tune kar diya kamal."

and pakistani musian just replace the the word of gandhi with kayde azam or something like this.
and also replace the pic agrez(british) from gandhi ji in vedio album.

sorry i can't post that video right now but i will do it later.
oh well i am not sure which song is older than one another...... but i am sure both songs are probably 40-50 years old.

There is another song "Aao bacho sair karayen tumko Pakistan ki" there is a similar song in India also........ both sang in 1950s and again i don't know which song came first.

These both songs were sang back in 1950s or 1960s and really hard to figure out which song came first in my eyes.

You know for example Fateh Ali Khan died back in 1990s but his music albums continued releasing even in 2002/03 so no idea in this regard

There is no denying theres a lot more money in India. But that doesn't remove India's moral and ethical responsibilities towards the profession.

I once had the opportunity to speak with Salman too. When they were first going for the Azaadi tour to India, all his cousins came up to him and were like Mujhe Kajol ka autograph laana, Juhi Chawala ka laana, and a lot of names like that. He said when he was carrying out a sounds check before the concert, Kajol sneaked up on him from behind and was like "Can I please have your autograph?"

I think what made Junoon, Junoon is their music, the theme of their music, the vision that Salman Ahmed carries and his experiences.

But pleaseeee tell Salman to stop singing lol omgggggg lol :P he should stick to playing the guitar :P

I do not agree that Hindi music is crap, that is very unfair judgment. If you guys have Nusrat Saab we have Rafi Saab. Hindi music is among most melodious in the world and is on par with any other forms of music. We have a huge legacy of music spanning from even before independence. Legends like Lata Ji, Asha Ji, Kishore Da, Manna Dey etc etc have left a huge mark on music. They were all Hindi Singers and saying that hindi music is crap is an insult to their work. Music is music and your taste is your taste. It does not automatically make the other guys music crap. Pakistani music is great also but I have heard enough of it also and I can also say that crap exist on your side too. Common singers like Anni or whatever her name is should be hanged for singing lol Yes I agree with you that copyright laws should be enforced in a better way but lets not go into calling each other’s musical legacy crap.
May I add, that Hindi movie music is crap - most of the time and in recent times.

The oldies were quite nice.

Well how about this we enforce heavier copyright laws and Pakistan cracks down on dvd piracy ? Sounds like a fair judgment ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom