What's new

Indians got India,not Hindus- MJ Akbar

Why are you Indians bothering to argue this back and forth with Pakistanis, that too the professional and clueless trolls among them? Any common Indian of any religious persuation will readily agree that India is for everybody, not just for a particular community. We know that as a matter of prosaic fact. Why then this desire to convince that to people who take pride in saying that their country is meant for their religion only? Let them wallow in their delusions, and keep believing what they want to believe.

Some days back, upon his return from hibernation, their prodigal windbag started a thread with a random video clip from facebook, purpoted to be of muslims being harassed in India. It was allowed to run for 20 pages or so, despite the fact that there was nothing in the video to tell us where it was from, or what it really was about. Now here, a widely respected islamic scholar who represents his religious community globally is seen praising India, and @Aeronaut dismissively suggests that he is a hindu stooge or something of the sort. You cannot convince those who willingly wish to remain deluded.

BTW, some of them are revealing their own inner bigotry on this thread without realizing it. For instance, notice how @Pakistanisage uses the phrase "hindu infested areas" - 'infested' is a word usually used only for pests and rats and roaches, or dagerous parasites. If he has lived in the USA since 1976, he cannot be unaware of the negative connotation of that word, because it is a term commonly used there by pest control companies.

@jaunty 's explanation is spot on - many of them don't really understand why their country was created in the first place, since it was meant to be a paradise for musalmans, and ended up as anything but. So to keep clinging on to their founding myth, they have to believe that muslims are not safe in India. The fact as we know is that muslims (not to mention everybody else) are safer in India than in Pakistan, by any measure imaginable. As I told the firebrand Palestinian fellow two days back, India has more muslims than the entire middle east, and they have lived much safely than the ones in the entire middle east. Or Pakistan for that matter. You can add up the number of muslims killed in riots across India since independence, and it will pale in comparison to the number of muslims killed in Pak in the past few years, or in some parts of the middle east on a single day.

Yes we are a large country of 1.2 billion people, and there are some religious extremists unfortunately. But to suggest than ordinary muslims cannot get housing or that muslims are worse off in India than in Pak is simply a lie of biblican proportions.

Indians showed their love to " Indian Muslims " when they demolished your AYODHYA MOSQUE... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you even a Muslim ? or just a troll to spread misinformation.... :P
Who did? Indians? If a miniscule section of hardline religious party is representation of India as a whole.... then be careful while treading on this path, as a result Pakistan would be represented by much bigger ledger of list of miscreants and despicable entities.

To be fair, I did not prove anything. There could be a number of reasons for retiring so early, medical being the most obvious one. It is also perfectly fine if one doesn't want to reveal it on an internet forum like this. Personally I wouldn't (I would also not ask for a special tag btw). But one should at least try to maintain the dignity of the "professional" tag if one wants to be taken seriously.
If a new recruit in Indian army or air force were to do something similar ,he would 've to pay Rs.5 lakhs,if I am not wrong.But then I do trust Webby's sixth sense.
@chak de INDIA
Whats the exact amount???

Just a quick comparison b/w the two nations reveal a lot bro,India has over taken Pakistan in almost every field,and it benefits every Indian,muslim or not. I always wondered what if APJ Abdul Kalam was a Pakistani,instead of being in ISRO,he would've been hunting flies in a SUPARCO office!
To be fair, a clerk or sweeper in ISRO can probably become the director general at SUPARCO.

For those who cannot watch you tube....javed sahab said while its true that shabana was refused an apartment, its also true that javed akhtar and shabana azmi are the first couple since independent india muslim or otherwise to get elected in rajya sabha.With green tinted glasses....you ask why cant i see other colors.

Were these Gujrati Muslims also made members of Rajhya Sabha too when they had to change their identity to buy a home in the hindu neighborhood. :lol:

Zahir Janmohamed: In Modi's Gujarat, Muslims Struggle to be respected by Hindus

Who did? Indians? If a miniscule section of hardline religious party is representation of India as a whole.... then be careful while treading on this path, as a result Pakistan would be represented by much bigger ledger of list of miscreants and despicable entities.

So you do agree that the BJP Bigots who destroyed Ayodhya Mosque were Miscreants and despicable entities ?

The same BJP that is represented by Narendra Modi now.

Which by extension you are implying that Modi is a miscreant and part of despicable entity.

Great. Case Closed.

So you do agree that the BJP Bigots who destroyed Ayodhya Mosque were Miscreants and despicable entities ?

Which by extension you are implying that Modi is a miscreant and part of despicable entity.

Great. Case Closed.
Good ... now move on !!!

If a new recruit in Indian army or air force were to do something similar ,he would 've to pay Rs.5 lakhs,if I am not wrong.But then I do trust Webby's sixth sense.
@chak de INDIA
Whats the exact amount???

It may cost up to 12-15 lakh rupees if you discontinue your training from NDA or IMA. depending upon the time you have spent in the academy.

Hmm..

Yes there are folks here who truly don't like Islam or Christianity or even "desiccated" Hindus, as private citizens they are free to hold on to said views, we do not punish people for "thought crimes".

The Indian State on the other hand does not have such hangups, for every riot that occurs where a Muslim kills a Hindu or a Hindu kills a Muslim there is another Hindu/Muslim who shelters the innocents being hounded and protects him/her at the cost of his/her life in the same riots.

Where we do end up failing is in our ability to apply law and order and equipping the LEAs for dealing with mass violence which always has a political subtext or push behind it. Since our lower judiciary severely under-performs the problem gets compounded when justice is denied in the aftermath of such mass violence. While the fates of the politically connected instigators and agent provocateurs are generally safe in the hands of their patrons, in fact this is where the 02 riots take much significance since NO ONE was spared scrutiny and even elected officials found out that political clout could not save them from being indicted and punished.

As for the State as a political entity (we are not referring to electoral politics here) any allegation of such discrimination goes for a toss when the allegedly much maligned Muslims end up leading our strategic programs and even holding on to divisional commands in J&K of all places.

Were these Gujrati Muslims also made members of Rajhya Sabha too when they had to change their identity to buy a home in the hindu neighborhood. :lol:

Zahir Janmohamed: In Modi's Gujarat, Muslims Struggle to be respected by Hindus

There is no end to this B.S, i can post multiple barometers that proves that the fastest growth in muslim standards are in gujrat.But i wonder, whose struggle is this,is it pakistani's eternal question to prove their choice in 1947 was correct and continue justification of that with whatever petty articles he can get,again if you are serious then a serious answer....in a country of 1.2 b....every claim is true somewhere, also that very claim is proven false elsewhere.

Token symbols mean nothing. Indian President is a token ceremonial post that has no powers.

Answer the Question about Ayodhya Mosque and don't try to deflect the real issue.

It is the highest and the most respected post in India. And what about IB chief who recently kicked asses of ISI sponsored terrorists? If Muslims did not enjoy the confidence and respect of Indians, Would an important post like intel chief be given to a muslim?
Does Ayodhya Mosque reflect everything about India and Muslim?

Great. Case Closed.
This is far to simplistic the kind of logic you have used is 2+2=44.

The BJP of today is not the BJP of even 5 years ago. To imply Modi is this radicalised Hindu is sheer nonsense, there was another thread on here by some American academics that came to the figure that for every 1 time Modi mentioned Hindu or Muslim he mentioned Development 500 times. I'm no Modi fanboy and I have my reservations about him but for you to come along and try to propagate this myth, that I only really see coming from Pakistanis, that Modi is this evil Hindu creature who will reek havoc on the Muslim community is absurd. It would be interesting to see how many 10s of millions of Muslims actually end up voting FOR Modi but there will never be such figures compiled as when you vote in India you don't reveal your religious beliefs before casting your vote.

I seriously think an element of jealousy is being displayed by a lot of Pakistanis wrt Modi, they can see he is a decisive, nationalist and competent leader and the last thing Pakistanis want is such a man as the PM of India that will drive India foreword and bring about higher levels of prosperity and clout on the international stage. Pakistani want to believe India will be constantly at the same level as their crumbling nation and any perception it will develop or take a step foreword scares the life out of them. It the same logic as Paksitanis on here rejoicing in the negative reports relating to the Indian economy.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom