What's new

Indians got India,not Hindus- MJ Akbar

I don't know what you inferred from it, but it points out the level to which BJP has digressed from it's Hindutvawadi roots over the last few years. It was a conscious move by A B Vajpayee and L K Advani to reshape BJP's identity and support base in line with an inclusive pan-Indian image, and this has been further propelled by Modi's development plank. M J Akbar is not into this for personal glory or benefit. He has got plenty of that from his professional and scholarly work alone.

BJP indeed distanced itself during Vajpaee, advani era . rather advani came out as refined one. my comment was not for BJP . as far as MJ akbar is concerned its not about fame but his own pro-hardliner mindset which drew him to BJP

BJP indeed distanced itself during Vajpaee, advani era . rather advani came out as refined one. my comment was not for BJP . as far as MJ akbar is concerned its not about fame but his own pro-hardliner mindset which drew him to BJP

He's more a moderate Nationalist. As in, he despises the hardliners, be it Hindu or Muslim.

Madam @Spring Onion

why are you so hassled by a Muslim Praising India?

Why are you always blaming Hindus for bad situation of Muslims in India?As if your country has dome wonders to Hindus.

Tum apna desh chalao...humain apna chalane do.

Madam @Spring Onion

Why are you always blaming Hindus for bad situation of Muslims in India?As if your country has dome wonders to Hindus.

Springy baaji is acting like a rondoooo. :laugh:

Madam @Spring Onion

bwahahahahahahahaha and why you needed a Muslim praise for face-saving ? straw in hat ?? ;)

bwahahahahahahahaha
I take this as your frustration...because you have no answer...

and why you needed a Muslim praise for face-saving ? straw in hat ?? ;)
Who needs a face saving...a country where minority population has grown at rate of 2% per annum.....or a country where minority population is less then 2%??

And now let me use your signature ....bwahahahahahahahahabwahahahahahahahahabwahahahahahahahaha

Springy baaji is acting like a rondoooo. :laugh:

tu tay chup hee kar

I take this as your frustration...because you have no answer...

Who needs a face saving...a country where minority population has grown at rate of 2% per annum.....or a country where minority population is less then 2%??

And now let me use your signature ....bwahahahahahahahahabwahahahahahahahahabwahahahahahahahaha

sure keep using it ;)

when there is debate about my country in comparison with yours then we can debate what is going in my country.

You dont have argument why you needed a Muslim praise for a face-saving in the first place?

As far as i am concerned

Last edited:
MJ Akbar is the epitome of how an Indian should be. Even Pakistanis can learn a great deal from him although he has strong views about Pakistan. He is a Muslim who treats his religion as a personal thing and don't mix religion with his professional life, be it his very successful career in journalism or now politics. After all isn't that what Jinnah said, albeit to the wrong people?

Whats the answer to Indians voting for a Hindu Nationalist Party.

Economy and development, the same reason why they voted for Congress twice in the last 10 years. If Modi can't deliver, he will be out of the office after 5 years.

Last edited:
Madam @Spring Onion

That is correct.

There is nothing that we need to have to do with how the other country is run. We are as different is all respects as possible.

Pakistan shares more with Somalia and Nigeria than with us. Let them worry about their Ummah than obsess with us.

I wouldn't bother if I were you, it's like talking to an inward-facing wall. There is absolutely no value in taking the time out to explain to a bunch of poorly educated, and blissfully unaware people, what this country and its people are really all about.
Thats like saying you would not react to an offensive post which sullied your country.
I am sure you would!!!
Then why not a signture??

Thats like saying you would not react to an offensive post which sullied your country.
I am sure you would!!!
Then why not a signture??

What Signature? Sorry, I don't follow.

I was only trying to point out how futile any bit of effort is when it comes to showing extremist-educated/poorly-exposed/badly-informed people something they just don't want to see. I guess my words had an underlying tone of frustration that you failed to notice. No worries. :)

Last edited:
You dont have argument why you needed a Muslim praise for a face-saving in the first place?

As far as i am concerned

You really are quite full of it aren't you, Ms. Journalist? Why is everything about freakin' religion to the likes of you? It could've been any Indian saying exactly what Mr. Akbar said. He just happens to belong to the Islamic faith, but what's most important is that Mr. Akbar is Indian first, his religion comes a distant second. You'd be better off learning a thing or two from the man.

What Signature? Sorry, I don't follow.
Oops blunderr thunderrr.
I thought you were referring to my post in which i had asked Areesh to edit his offensive signature.
Blame it on my mobile. :ashamed:

Bombaywalla said:
I was only trying to point out how futile any effort is when it comes to showing extremist-educated/poorly-exposed/badly-informed people something they just don't want to see. I guess my words had an underlying tone of frustration that you failed to notice. No worries. :)

Gotcha!!!
I know what you mean, that I am banging my head against a wall, but then visiting a Pak forum only to counter the posts which 're offensive is just as futile isnt it???
You've been doing it since last one year and me , since last 6-7 months.So we all 're in the same ship.:-)
Btw i am a complete dud next time when you show frustration try some smileys too,you never know I might just surprise you with my comprehension abilities :P

Gotcha!!!
I know what you mean, that I am banging my head against a wall, but then visiting a Pak forum only to counter the posts which 're offensive is just as futile isnt it???
You've been doing it since last one year and me , since last 6-7 months.So we all 're in the same ship.:-)
Btw i am a complete dud next time when you show frustration try some smileys too,you never know I might just surprise you with my comprehension abilities :P

Not really. I actually pick and choose what I post in this cesspool of hate, the others do my dirty work for me. :)

P.S: I didn't join this place to "defend" my country against the itchy hands of a bunch of sad human beings who dwell on hate, one day at a time. The reason is in my very first post in this forum.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom