What's new

Indians and Democracy/Secularism - can someone explain something to me?

It was that very EC which prevented Laloo from coming to power in Bihar.The very EC which is conducting elections even in the most insurgency prone areas.Consider their achievements also friend.We have to be proud of the ECE it is one of the finest gov Institutions

But they are a part of India and If they have done something which worked for them it will also work for the whole India.

The problem is the economic problem gets converted into a social problem because most of the poor people hail from the lower castes.
What you said is correct but Iam saying it must be applied within caste reservations itself.So that the creamy layer is not benefitted repeatedly

Laloo didn't become CM, but managed to get his wife as the CM and himself became an Union Minister. I don't see any logic how it helped India.

How can you say reservation worked in Andhra when reports of cotton farmers commiting suicide to escape from abject poverty keeps on appearing every now and then? Open your eyes and see beyond the metropolitan lifestyle you are enjoying.

Why are you so keen on to continue recognize the @#$%ing cast system anyway? Afraid of loosing your lower caste advantage?

Read what India's first Dalit LS speaker has to say on caste systems:

Caste system is dividing society: Meira Kumar

Laloo didn't become CM, but managed to get his wife as the CM and himself became an Union Minister. I don't see any logic how it helped India.
but his wife was shown the boot by Nitish Kumar,who is developing Bihar.Nitish kumar would never have been able to win elections without the EC s code of conduct.If Bihar develops it is good for India to have one more state which contributes to the Indian union

How can you say reservation worked in Andhra when reports of cotton farmers commiting suicide to escape from abject poverty keeps on appearing every now and then? Open your eyes and see beyond the metropolitan lifestyle you are enjoying.

You have opened a can of worms .Those suicides have more to do with regional, geographic and developmental factors.The telengana and rayalseema region are not developed and they come under the semi arid regions less rainfall is one of the factors.

Why are you so keen on to continue recognize the @#$%ing cast system anyway?
Because the economic problem translates into the social problem in Indian society.Which caste do most of the poor belong to?

Afraid of loosing your lower caste advantage?
I hail from an extremely forward caste called Kammas

Read what India's first Dalit LS speaker has to say on caste systems:
she is already developed but most of her kin are not. my friend

but his wife was shown the boot by Nitish Kumar,who is developing Bihar.Nitish kumar would never have been able to win elections without the EC s code of conduct.If Bihar develops it is good for India to have one more state which contributes to the Indian union

You have opened a can of worms .Those suicides have more to do with regional, geographic and developmental factors.The telengana and rayalseema region are not developed and they come under the semi arid regions less rainfall is one of the factors.

Because the economic problem translates into the social problem in Indian society.Which caste do most of the poor belong to?

I hail from an extremely forward caste called Kammas

she is already developed but most of her kin are not. my friend

I will not argue with you on this topic here for two reasons, first, this is not the proper thread which will attract more polular views of other forum members on the particular topic.

Second and more important, ur counter arguments has started to become irrational. U talk about EC's role and as a counter argument u showcase the next election result, which by the way is Bihar's population's verdict, EC has no role to play in Nitish Kumar's victory.

If you want to continue discuss, merit and demerits of cast system, open an new thread, I and I'm sure many others will also be more then happy to participate.

Just remember one thing, what the cast system and present reservation system can do to uplift them, declaring all under poverty line as underpriviledge would achieve much more then that. Put your extremely forward caste Kammas brain to it. Might see some light.

Back
Top Bottom