What's new

Indian TV soaps become serial hits across the world

:rofl:

Do you think indian soaps are offering something to "global culture"? C'mon...don't make me start insulting indians again..I just came back from a ban.

Most of your culture itself comes from what is today called as "Pakistan". :cheesy:

What culture are you referring to, sorry, we don't follow Maula Jatt culture. :cheesy:

Nothing can beat

byomkesh.jpg

This series use to make me feel like Sherlock .........Lot of childhood memories:yahoo:

@Chinese-Dragon Back in the days, there was a serial on Ramayana, titled same. Entire India used to watch it as there was only one channel, Delhi Doordarshan. The actor was often approached by his fans and used to call him Ram. In one short tv movie, he played a bad role. He was criticized all over India. :D

There is an instance in Afghanistan, I think I have told you guys, an Indian series was damn famous. People used to stop their work and watch it. The lead actress name was Tulsi in the serial. Once, few people stripped a vehicle down to parts and left a note on window pane "Tulsi Zindabad" praising Tulsi as the security guard was watching that serial. Shashi Tharoor this story. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out these serials...........They are from before I was born, but I have heard that when they were aired whole of India used to come to a standstill, with trains stopping because the driver wanted to see the serial:cheesy:

Ramayan (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mahabharat (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yep true story :lol:
my uncle works in Indian Railways he told me that many times people would pull the Chain to stop the Mahabharata serial n the all the passengers along with driver would just go to the nearby village to watch the serial...:rofl:

Really....??:lol:

i would say yes, definitely to some extent but it seems u r busy trolling today:lol:
btw have u seen any episodes of Devo ke Dev Mahadev if not just give it a try is all i can say...:agree:

With the introduction of Turkish soaps in Pak viewership of Indian soaps nearly finished here.

Nothing can beat

byomkesh.jpg

This series use to make me feel like Sherlock .........Lot of childhood memories:yahoo:

Recently downloaded the episodes via ******** and watched like the child i was back then, people can call me crazy but Byomkesh Bakshi was my hero then. Cool, suave and the cases easily identifiable to Indian context. Brings back those memories, don't know why but never liked tehkeekat much. Mrignayini and Chandrakanta were fav again.

good for Pak atleast now onward u guys will stop cribbing about Indian Cultural Invasion...:lol:

I am telling you fact why you taking it so serious remember its Pakistan who allowed Indian channel at first place, Pakistani channels are still banned in India so much for your world largest hypocrisy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom