What's new

Indian Travelling To Pakistan Question

Why, is Islamabad the only city in Pakistan? Besides Islamabad is the Diplomatic capital... If he wanted to see buildings, there are plenty of them in NZ, local culture is more alluring to outsiders.

And Umair, every city has street crime... Even, Islamabad.
Shah Faisal Mosque

2313159886_a954bd50d8_b.jpg

506065543_a14076e3ba_b.jpg

506082705_22c917c70f_b.jpg

4qzmn45uz1.jpg

1861110221_111b10fe7b_o.jpg

1861936382_f63a941c77_o.jpg

yefp.jpg
these sights r too good to be ignored.....

Ye ammeron ka Shaharhain na sir g.....Living standards r very high here......and crimes do happen but on the areas which lies close to outskirts of city......Where i live is usually called Brain or red Zone areas.....i live in b/w this triangle of Blue area, ISI HQ and constitutional avenue.

I am ignorant, But isn't most of the violence in Karachi related to Organized crime?

There is organized crime but it isn't like they control the city completely or they would kidnap the moment you step out of airport. Karachi is the most vibrant and the growing city of Pakistan and there is a reason for it. Visit Karachi. Take general precautions like you might take in any other city and you would be fine. In fact you would love it.

i dont want to make it a political tussle between cities.

The reality is Peshawar is alot safe, peaceful for common people as compared to Karachi.

In Karachi if i am a pathan i can step into MQM areas without fear, and if i am a mohajir i cant step into a pashto speaking area without fear . same goes for other gangs including Baloch gang areas.

Snatching at gun point is not a new thing there. killing a human for few rupees is also not new there.

While street of Peshawar you will find no such gang areas no red zone.

We have pathan mochis and thailai walas working in MQM areas and nobody bothers them. Can't say about pathan or baloch areas. About street crimes. Even lahore has them. About Peshawar. We all know how safe it is. Peshawar is lot more safer for common people but still a lot of common people of peshawar come to Karachi and don't live in their own "peaceful" city.

On average with a foreign passport the processing time for a single entry visit visa is 8 hours. If your's took 3-7 months... There was something very wrong there. I have had white American friends come over and their visa's took a day to process, or so they have told me.

Thats the thing, white people don't have any problem. Its the "brown people with white passports" who tend to have issues from what I had heard and was later on told by the Pakistani consulate and experienced it first hand.

i have no issues with people calling their town or city peaceful even if its North Waziristan. Just don't do it on the expense of Karachi.

Yara I have family in both cities, both are amazing and to be fair Peshawar is the kind of city where you can just explore, Charsi tikka anyone?

Karachi is one city where I feel no one will ever bother me, despite all the drama about mobile phone snatching or shootings or muggings on TV. I have been to katii pahari and golimar on Rikshaw umpteen times, no issues. I have even been even stayed at a dodgy guest house in orangi, and no MQM supporter bothered me. Karachi, i do miss Butlers Chocolate cafe.

So lets not fight about security in cities.

Lucky! I want to go to pakistan too
you re most welcome to visit places to see Pakistan for sight seeing are Islamabad murree
for cultural
its Lahore & Karachi

start your strip from Islamabad & murree make this your first part of the trip from their through bus go to Lahore enjoy the city thoroughly then through air, or rail to Karachi

:cheers:

Thats the thing, white people don't have any problem. Its the "brown people with white passports" who tend to have issues from what I had heard and was later on told by the Pakistani consulate and experienced it first hand.

I am sorry you had that experience. Foreign Office should apply the visa policy equally on all peoples, not selectively as you suggested. Sorry once again.

We have pathan mochis and thailai walas working in MQM areas and nobody bothers them. Can't say about pathan or baloch areas. About street crimes. Even lahore has them. About Peshawar. We all know how safe it is. Peshawar is lot more safer for common people but still a lot of common people of peshawar come to Karachi and don't live in their own "peaceful" city.
:))))))))))))))))) NVM.

As far as Peshawar people going to Karachi for employment well it has nothing to do with safety rather it has to do with Karachi being the biggest business hub.

:))))))))))))))))) NVM.

As far as Peshawar people going to Karachi for employment well it has nothing to do with safety rather it has to do with Karachi being the biggest business hub.

Then Karachi being a business hub also proves that despite a few issues it is still favorable for business and jobs. Something which peshawar lacks.

i dont want to make it a political tussle between cities.

The reality is Peshawar is alot safe, peaceful for common people as compared to Karachi.

In Karachi if i am a pathan i can step into MQM areas without fear, and if i am a mohajir i cant step into a pashto speaking area without fear . same goes for other gangs including Baloch gang areas.

Snatching at gun point is not a new thing there. killing a human for few rupees is also not new there.

While street of Peshawar you will find no such gang areas no red zone.

now this BS, there are probably more pathans in MQM then your beloved ANP in Karachi so spare us this racial thingy that MQM hates pathans, more pathans died for MQM in 12th may 2007 then urdu speakers

now how many urdu speakers are there in ANP? not one urdu speaker you can find in ANP

the problem lies in peshawar mind set and not Karachi's mind set, we have been living a multicultural society since long time

MQM is present in kashmir, gilgit baltistan, how many votes ANP or pathans got from there in the elections?

those prohibitted areas of sohrab goth which is a no go area of urdu speakers etc, why is that? these areas are hub of drug trafficking and weapons trafficking and now taliban killers

MQM doesn't make money from drug business

Guys please lets not make this thread about to Sindhi mey Baluchi, tu MQM mey ANP.

Back
Top Bottom