What's new

Indian tortoise slips into reverse and can't catch Chinese hare

Indian Rupee slide will hurt the Chinese economy. so don't rejoice in neighbors fire as it will spread to your house.

Yeah, a wise comment indeed which nobody should disagreed since everyone fate is intertwinted in today global economy.

However, India's financial disaster is self-inflicted case and it is confirmed almost a gone case now.

Let it served as a value lesson to the rest of us, which is that one should live within its own limits and abilities. India has been overrated her underlying assets and ignored on her own fragil fundamentals (poverty, poor educations..etc) all along. I am afraid she has already lose all her crediblity and will have extreme difficulty to attract any FDI nor be able to regain any confidence in her by any external investors in the near furure.

High chance now that she is going to return back to the usual elephant growth rate or even in the worst case, bankruptcy before the coming gobal economic crisis struck.

Yeah, a wise comment indeed which nobody should disagreed since everyone fate is intertwinted in today global economy.

However, India's financial disaster is self-inflicted case and it is confirmed almost a gone case now.

Let it served as a value lesson to the rest of us, which is that one should act according to one own limits and abilities. India has been overrated her underlying assets and ignored on her own fragil fundamentals (poverty, poor educations..etc) all along. I am afraid she has already lose all her crediblity and will be extremely difficult to attract any FDI nor able to regain any confidence in her by any external investors in near furure.

High chance now that she is going to return back to the usual elephant growth rate or even in the worst case, bankruptcy before the coming gobal economic crisis struck.

:lol: if only wishes were horses...

LOL, the Indians "predicted" that China would collapse during the 2008 Credit Crunch. :lol:

Now it is four years later:

- India is being downgraded by S&P for poor economic fundamentals
- India has 6.1% growth and falling, as well as the worst budget/trade deficit in BRIC
- Jim O'Neill, the economist who created the idea of BRIC, says that India is the "most disappointing" of all
- Fareed Zakira, the most famous Indian-American (editor of Newsweek) says that "India should be replaced with Indonesia in BRIC"

Awsome Reality Check for the Top Spammers Nation. Thank You Bro.

The Indian economy slowing down is a temporary phenomenon.The fundamentals are still very strong.A change in the government in 2014 and an improvement in the external environment will definitely put India back on track.

They got America behind them and don't you know they're the supa pawaaa here :coffee:
Considering just South Asia, yes we are...atleast we are not playground of remote controlled drones...if you know what i mean...:azn:

Actually, India's growth has now fallen to 5.3%, and the rupee has hit a new record low.

I wish I could edit that previous post to update the information. :P

Yes you can Edit it.

Considering just South Asia, yes we are...atleast we are not playground of remote controlled drones...if you know what i mean...:azn:

Yeah wa eva :coffee:

The Indian economy slowing down is a temporary phenomenon.The fundamentals are still very strong.A change in the government in 2014 and an improvement in the external environment will definitely put India back on track.

Indian fundamentals strong? *facepalm*

You still don't get it do you.

The reason Indian rupee is collapsing is because the fundamentals of the Indian economy is horrible.

If you don't figure out what exactly is wrong with the Indian economy because of your own ego, India won't come out of this for a very long time.

Indian fiscal position is awful, massive current account deficits, massive budget deficits, high debt to GDP, very high inflation, investors not willing to hold the rupee thus causing the collapse of the rupee. India has a tiny manufacturing base and a chronic deficit problem.

As growth falls, tax revenues will fall, and see what happens.

The bottom line is India has been living beyond its means to get high growth and now the sh*t is hitting the fan.

Indian GDP will continue to slow and even shrink, currency will continue to collapse, inflation will get worse. I cannot see a way out of this mess. This is what happened to Argentina resulting in massive inflation and currency collapse.

You cannot violate the laws of economics year after year and expect everything will be fine.
No amount of patriotism will save India from this.

Only radical reforms and by living within your means will save India.

For some insane reason Indians think they are above the laws of economics and that don't apply to India because India has potential and a young population. Well there are plenty of countries all around the world with potential and large and young populations, heck India had potential and large and relatively young population all these decades since independence, what made you grow was the reform your leaders took. And now they are unwilling to take further reforms to tackle your current problems and have a new and more sustainable growth model.

Until things change and india moves away from this ponzi scheme economy you run now based on debt to get the GDP number up, Indian future is bleak, and I'm putting it midly.

Indian fundamentals strong? *facepalm*

You still don't get it do you.

The reason Indian rupee is collapsing is because the fundamentals of the Indian economy is horrible.

If you don't figure out what exactly is wrong with the Indian economy because of your own ego, India won't come out of this for a very long time.

Indian fiscal position is awful, massive current account deficits, massive budget deficits, high debt to GDP, very high inflation, investors not willing to hold the rupee thus causing the collapse of the rupee. India has a tiny manufacturing base and a chronic deficit problem.

As growth falls, tax revenues will fall, and you what happens.

The bottom line is India has been living beyond its means to get high growth and now the sh*t is hitting the fan.

Indian GDP will continue to slow and even shrink, currency will continue to collapse, inflation will get worse. I cannot see a way out of this mess. This is what happened to Argentina resulting in massive inflation and currency collapse.

You cannot violate the laws of economics year after year and expect everything will be fine.
No amount of patriotism will save India from this.

Only radical reforms and by living within your means will save you.

For some insane reason Indians think they are above the laws of economics and that don't apply to India because India has potential and a young population. Well there are plenty of countries all around the world with potential and large and young populations, heck India had potential and large and relatively young population all these decades since independence, what made you grow was the reform your leaders took. And now they are unwilling to take further reforms to tackle your current problems and have a new and more sustainable growth model.

Until things change and india moves away from this ponzi scheme economy you run now based on debt to get the GDP number up, Indian future is bleak, and I'm putting it midly.

I hate long posts and find them very irritating.I am too lazy.I just finished watching and interview where Bill Gates mentioned that he has full confidence that the Indian economy will bounce back.Like me he too mentioned that the dampening of growth is a temporary thing .The main problem is lack of reforms like FDI in retail which got torpedoed by Mamta Banerjee.One member talked about political bottlenecks, this coupled with the fact that the world economy is in a bad shape in the moment are the real reasons for slow growth.Of course you can put forth your own viewpoints but I still think that the fundamentals are strong and we will bounce back.

Back
Top Bottom