What's new

Indian task force suggests inflicting ‘economic pain’ on Pakistan

This is complete non-news. Planners routinely think about all kinds of contingency scenarios, including identification of targets. There was no need, however, for this report to be made public. I'd be very surprised if Pakistan Army hasn't produced similar internal reports.

This is complete non-news. Planners routinely think about all kinds of contingency scenarios, including identification of targets. There was no need, however, for this report to be made public. I'd be very surprised if Pakistan Army hasn't produced similar internal reports.

A report by a security related think tank or a govt security agency is different then such kind of reports being published by an organization whose job is to look after the Indian business community and represent the whole Indian business and industrial community. It gives an idea that warmongers are not only in the Indian govt and military setup, rather the civilian setup compromising of people who represent the whole of Indian business community are also warmongers. Which does not sends a good msg to the Pakistani side.

what difference does it make. indian only know how to talk. The talk is met with laughter and yawns. In the end, they have no leverage against us. So what can they do exactly?

what difference does it make. indian only know how to talk. The talk is met with laughter and yawns. In the end, they have no leverage against us. So what can they do exactly?

Absolutely! Why dont you explain that in detail to your other Pak friends who shiver and jump up everytime a report in India remotely mentions Pakistan?

Here is some information for you to digest....no exports from Pakistan means simply less money for Pakistan....Now relate....Money..Economy....Damage......

New Delhi, Mar. 10 (ANI): As a result of deteriorating indo-Pak relations post the Mumbai terror attacks, cross-border trade is likely to witness a sixty percent decline in fiscal 2009-10. The trade relatio has hit the new low because Indian exporters are scared from doing business with Pakistani businessmen, a FICCI survey has revealed. The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) surveyed Indian exporters and importers doing business with Pakistan revealed the overall trade, presently at a little over two billion dollars, is likely to fall to 900 million dollars in the current year. According to the report, the Indian export companies were unwilling to travel to Pakistan to conclude even finalized deals. The poll said the tumultuous situation in Pakistan has created a fear psychosis amongst Indian exporters and importers who say, cross-border travel has been greatly reduced. Most of the Indian companies were using wait and watch strategy, the FICCI report said. However, while bilateral trade might be reducing, some Indian exporters and importers were taking advantage of third-country channels such as Dubai and Singapore, to service the Pakistani market. The key sectors which would see a significant decline in cross-border trade with Pakistan include textile and apparel, textile machinery, cotton, agricultural products, particularly cereals, steel and chemicals. (ANI)

60 percent fall in Indo-Pak trade post Mumbai terror attacks: FICCI

meh. I'm not convinced. Our bilateral trade is still negligible, and can be made up in other markets. With the new rail network to doorstep to EU via Istanbul, we can focus on narrowing trade deficit. Keep your so called exports.

A report by a security related think tank or a govt security agency is different then such kind of reports being published by an organization whose job is to look after the Indian business community and represent the whole Indian business and industrial community. It gives an idea that warmongers are not only in the Indian govt and military setup, rather the civilian setup compromising of people who represent the whole of Indian business community are also warmongers. Which does not sends a good msg to the Pakistani side.

26/11 was an direct attempt to affect our economy, so it makes sense that government asked FICCI for an report on terrorism.
I'd wonder why Jehadi groups whose interest was to Instill fear in non-believers would come up with a plan to affect economy?
Now, don't ask me proof for involvement of state;
war monger's or not this report focuses on an action in case of an similar attacks coming from Pakistan that are state supported.

Here is some information for you to digest....no exports from Pakistan means simply less money for Pakistan....Now relate....Money..Economy....Damage......

New Delhi, Mar. 10 (ANI): As a result of deteriorating indo-Pak relations post the Mumbai terror attacks, cross-border trade is likely to witness a sixty percent decline in fiscal 2009-10. The trade relatio has hit the new low because Indian exporters are scared from doing business with Pakistani businessmen, a FICCI survey has revealed. The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) surveyed Indian exporters and importers doing business with Pakistan revealed the overall trade, presently at a little over two billion dollars, is likely to fall to 900 million dollars in the current year. According to the report, the Indian export companies were unwilling to travel to Pakistan to conclude even finalized deals. The poll said the tumultuous situation in Pakistan has created a fear psychosis amongst Indian exporters and importers who say, cross-border travel has been greatly reduced. Most of the Indian companies were using wait and watch strategy, the FICCI report said. However, while bilateral trade might be reducing, some Indian exporters and importers were taking advantage of third-country channels such as Dubai and Singapore, to service the Pakistani market. The key sectors which would see a significant decline in cross-border trade with Pakistan include textile and apparel, textile machinery, cotton, agricultural products, particularly cereals, steel and chemicals. (ANI)

60 percent fall in Indo-Pak trade post Mumbai terror attacks: FICCI

If we survived before without no or less trade with India, we can again do that also.

i think naxals blowing up bridges, train tracks, and kidnapping police on daily basis in one third of hindistan is worse for business than a few drugged up unruly kids with AKs. Focus on your own law and order first. We'll deal with ours. Capiche.

it's unfortunate that rather than solve outstanding issues, india lets a few non state actors hi jack their foreign policy. india really is a victim of terrorism, i'll tell you that. They let the terrorists win :)

i think naxals blowing up bridges, train tracks, and kidnapping police on daily basis in one third of hindistan is worse for business than a few drugged up unruly kids with AKs. Focus on your own law and order first. We'll deal with ours. Capiche.

Point taken but Naxals are not coming to your country and killing your innocent, right? And if you leave us alone, we can pay our undivided attention to them. After all, you pakistani's are really concerned about them. :cheers:

NEW DELHI: As India prepares to mark a year since the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, its corporate captains have asked for inflicting “economic pain, covert retaliation and surgical strikes against Pakistan to end terrorism inside India”.

It says everything what they need to when, something **** happens.

Thanks for posting an article that was already posted. I think i'd know what happened in Peshawar as i reside here. Yes i agree our security situation at this time is not so good. But soon we'll cut the hands of those providing the means to these anti Pakistan elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
scores of sikh pilgrims came to their motherland despite being ordered by indian govt not to travel here. Shabaz Sharif was giving them goodbye wishes and instead they gave him and the hosts the ceremony and thanks. :) our sikh friends are always welcome. Every year.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom