What's new

Indian task force suggests inflicting ‘economic pain’ on Pakistan

Nobody has threatend you that we will attack you with nuclear weapons.

I am talking about consequences of Indian strikes inside Pakistan what you think what will be its affect on India

In the event of India having to strike, all possible contingencies & consequences would be taken into account of.

Nobody has threatend you that we will attack you with nuclear weapons.

I am talking about consequences of Indian strikes inside Pakistan what you think what will be its affect on India

That is an extremely good question IMO. For starters India can expect world condemnation. Sanctions. Extremist infiltration from Pakistan. Destruction of all which it accomplished in its economy in the past 10 years. For India the only solution is an open declaration of war with Pakistan if it is proven that the Pakistani government condoned or were instrumental in any attacks on Indian soil.

Other than that...my delusion suggestion earlier still stands strong :D

Ok lets suppose you conduct few airstrikes inside Pakistan. So is it going to protect India in future ????

You Mean FICCI is official mouth pieace ????

Ficci is not a official mouth pice but it has given the rough guidelines for GOI to act on in the best interests of the country.

Few strikes in pakistan may not able to protect in future, but it will act as a detterent against using terrorists by pakistan.

The 'war mongers' are the heads of prestigious corporate institutions in India & represent the sentiments of majority of Indians, including myself. There has to be an end to the sequence where Pakistani nationals keep attacking India & Pakistan just washes away the hands saying that government was not involved. At this point, we hardly care if Pakistani state was/will be directly involved. All we care about is the safety of our people & retaliation is an option to stop this.

Irrespective of the state involvement, Pakistani state IS responsible for what its nationals do & is accountable for any more 26/11 type attacks. And IMO, this report is an attempt to warn elements in Pakistan that may already be preparing for next wave of attacks in India. And to wake the Pakistani state up in case it is being negligent in handling their borders.

Looking at this logic, why then US attacked Afghanistan ?? Shouldn't they be attacking KSA as majority of the alleged flight hijackers were Saudi, so the country whose nationals were involved should get the treatment. Anyway.

26/11 is full of facts which don't match with the happening of events. Just like 9/11 which has so many unanswered questions even after 8 years pass by. (Not trying to off trail the thread, as these topics have been discussed numerous times and in depth too)

Pakistan is itself going through a very hard time, we have lost around 400 people in just last one month and the total figure is in thousands. So India and its people should understand what these thugs in reality want and instead of getting into the trap, try to resolve things calmly. As if this what the Indian members here and you have said also would imply on India that No Pakistani gets killed by the hands of Indians like the Samjhota Express and then blame Pakistan for it or the dead Pakistanis we receive at Wagha border killed through torture in Indian Jails by the hands of Indian officials.

So if its a tit for tat from Indian side, same should be from our side too. And if India thinks by doing such actions as posted in the above documents, it will be safe forever, they are gravely mistaken, as such actions may aggregated the situation not reduce it.

In other words "hum tu dobay hain sanam, tumhay bhi saath lae dobain gae" , this you can say is the exact philosophy of the outfits who wish to make Pakistan and India go to war, as it will destroy both not just Pakistan or India.

And as for my friend quoting the "nuclear first strike policy", it does not holds on the discussion being done on this thread. It has another logic and reason and arguments to be done.

We even think India can plan another 26/11.

Just read a new book on killing of ATS chief Hemant karkare and one from my side could shudder that we should be prepared for another 26/11

Even if India Planned 26/11 how much did GoI Pay Mr. Malik to Speak and Accept Pak's Involvement in 26/11.
Great Cooperation Indeed if it occurred.

Dont you think Jana, sending one "Supari" was enough to get rid of Karakare? Why send 10 terrorists ?
You must be aware how easy it is Murder some one, i hear it can be done for a few Thousands of Rupees , why would some one plot 26/11 to Kill a Police Man ?

In India Riots have taken place, Killings have taken place but No One used AKs.
AK 47 has been here from decades .. but why only 26/11 to use it ?
In India even Police men dont have AK 47s.

Or You too believe 9/11 was done by US for Oil ?

I respect every possibility, but sometimes using logical head does give right conclusions.

In case the attack takes place and India takes above steps, I don't think it will do much harm to India.

May be there will be condemnation. But other nations cannot go beyond that. India is their need.

i don't know how Pakistan will react. Certainly, it cannot use nukes to answer limited operations. If it does, the sympathy will go India's way. And Pakistan badly needs sympathy.

But if Pakistan decides to use nukes, IMO, India has got more to lose. About the ultimate result and effects of war, experts here know more.

Headley stayed at Taj, associate Rana in Mumbai days before 26/11
PTI 13 November 2009, 09:54pm IST

MUMBAI: American terror suspect David Headley had stayed at the Taj hotel here twice before the Mumbai carnage while his associate and Canadian Pakistani Hussain Rana was in this metropolis till five days before the attack fuelling suspicion of their link to the strike.

Official sources in Mumbai said investigations have revealed that Headley, arrested by US investigating agency FBI for planning terror attacks in India, stayed at Taj between March 28 and March 30, 2007. During this period, he stayed in Room No 1809, they said.

Headley came back to the hotel on May 2, 2007 and stayed in Room No 314 till May 7, the sources said. The Taj had bore the brunt of the three-day carnage after Lashkar-e-Taiba(LeT) terrorists struck Mumbai on November 26 last.

Rana, who is also under FBI custody, had stayed in a guest house in south Mumbai till November 21, 2008, before he flew to an European destination on way back to Canada.

The sources said this has raised suspicion that he may have given final touches to the audacious terror strikes five days later that left 183 people dead including some American, British and Israeli nationals.

Investigators also found that Headley stayed in two hotels in April last year in Delhi's Paharganj, a favourite of budget travellers from abroad and recovered his passport details.

National Investigating Agency and Central security agencies are now probing into the travel details of both the suspects to check if they had any hand in the 26/11 attack or the serial bomb blasts in the country between 2006 and 2008.

As Indian investigators continue to trace the movements of the two men, the Headley trail also took a new turn with reports of contacts between Headley and Mahesh Bhatt's son Rahul but the noted film maker dismissed the possibility of his son's involvement in any terror activities.

Headley stayed at Taj, associate Rana in Mumbai days before 26/11 - India - The Times of India

In case the attack takes place and India takes above steps, I don't think it will do much harm to India.

It wont do any harm to us as well. neither it will gaurantee any safety to India :)

May be there will be condemnation. But other nations cannot go beyond that. India is their need.

Pakistan can do the same and the world wont say anything in that case after you initiate any attack.

i don't know how Pakistan will react. Certainly, it cannot use nukes to answer limited operations. If it does, the sympathy will go India's way. And Pakistan badly needs sympathy.

But if Pakistan decides to use nukes, IMO, India has got more to lose. About the ultimate result and effects of war, experts here know more.

We do not need to use our nukes against you. The best thing any Indian surgical strike will do is to unite us more closely.

It will create a legall room for continued and low scales attacks on India by individuals.

Above all it will create an unending headach for India.

:pop:

Means there is no difference between the mental level of Govt of India and warmongers :what:

But the question is can India retaliate??? And if Yes. What would be its consequences for India ??

Call them warmongers as you please but why don't you, for once, question yourself about how a country should react when innocent people are killed for no fault of theirs? and how responsible your country is? There is always a reaction if there was some action.

But the question is can India retaliate??? And if Yes. What would be its consequences for India ??

The consequences, if not nuclear, which I don't think can be, regardless how irresponsibly Pakistani leaders use the term, will be a great victory for the common man of India. A sense of true patriotism, where a country knows how to defend its people, a sense of resilience, for all the years we put up with such incidents. And about the economy, don't worry for all the rhetoric about "India Crying" on this forum, the same cries have put us in good books of all countries, if a 26/11 happened again, the sympathy will be on us not on you. Have you checked world's opinion on your country recently?

why cant people comprehend a simple fact that if another country is trying to do ill on some other, let me add for decades, why cant that country react??? how is it war mongering??? did we say we will nuke you???:disagree:

Call them warmongers as you please but why don't you, for once, question yourself about how a country should react when innocent people are killed for no fault of theirs? and how responsible your country is? There is always a reaction if there was some action.

The consequences, if not nuclear, which I don't think can be, regardless how irresponsibly Pakistani leaders use the term, will be a great victory for the common man of India. A sense of true patriotism, where a country knows how to defend its people, a sense of resilience, for all the years we put up with such incidents. And about the economy, don't worry for all the rhetoric about "India Crying" on this forum, the same cries have put us in good books of all countries, if a 26/11 happened again, the sympathy will be on us not on you. Have you checked world's opinion on your country recently?

why cant people comprehend a simple fact that if another country is trying to do ill on some other, let me add for decades, why cant that country react??? how is it war mongering??? did we say we will nuke you???:disagree:

Your own citizens also took part in Mumbai attack so whome you will bomb for that?

Secondly for a fake sense of patrioitism you are just putting the lives of your citizens at more risk.

So better would be to make sure security at your end the best of the best that some uneducated boys could not escape from eyes of your might Navy and land there ;)

Looking at this logic, why then US attacked Afghanistan ?? Shouldn't they be attacking KSA as majority of the alleged flight hijackers were Saudi, so the country whose nationals were involved should get the treatment.

Does not apply here. They were just born Saudi, but not trained, brainwashed in Saudi & the planning mainly took place outside of Saudi. 26/11 is a different scenario altogether. 26/11 is just one of the example where Pakistani nationals executed the plan which was mainly hatched on Pakistani soil.

Pakistan is itself going through a very hard time, we have lost around 400 people in just last one month and the total figure is in thousands. So India and its people should understand what these thugs in reality want and instead of getting into the trap, try to resolve things calmly.

Everybody in India, including myself, do realize the pain that Pakistan is going thru. But what really matters to us is the stoppage of these activities in India one way or the other. What we have been seeing is that Pakistan is just passing the buck by calling them 'non state actors' & no satisfactory action has been taken against the terrorism directed against India. As anybody would have done, we take it as 'tacit support' & hold the Pakistani state responsible for not being serious about our concerns. Even today we have seen a news that a couple of reporters in 26/11 case have been framed in some petty case which we see as 'delaying tactics'. And we don't see it as a 'trap' either.

This is Childish thinking that those countries who did not stated first use policy of nuclear weapons would not use it first.

So atleast we are not hypocrate we had already made it clear.

We are only concerned with the part where they suggested attacking Pakistan

The only part of pakistan that will be attacked in surgical strikes is where the "non state" actors are belived to be residing and also only if these "non-state" actors hurt India.

India has every right to defend itself (which also includes attacking the perpetrators). So it does not matter if these "non state" actors are coming from Pakistan/ AF or wherever. If there is proof that these guys harmed India, why should India keep quite??

one more point - if these non state actors (in Pakistan) are not being stopped by Pakistan, then some one has to stop them - right? if you have not stop them for whatever reason, the affected party would obviously devise some way to stop them.

although war is the real enemy in this nuclear world but at times this is the only option available. as much as india pakistan is concerned i dont think any full fledged war is now possible.

It wont do any harm to us as well. neither it will gaurantee any safety to India :)

Pakistan can do the same and the world wont say anything in that case after you initiate any attack.

We do not need to use our nukes against you. The best thing any Indian surgical strike will do is to unite us more closely.

It will create a legall room for continued and low scales attacks on India by individuals.

Above all it will create an unending headach for India.

:pop:

Isn't it exactly what's happening with Pakistan?

If Pakistan can justify its current operations and it being ally with USA in WoT, why not India?

Pray the discussed scenario doesn't take place in current GoP term. Zardari can screw Pakistan without any help form India. We've seen such blunders at the time of 26/11.

Whatever be the consequences good or bad it is better to act than to do nothing and let the other person feel they can get away with anything they want.
The reaction can be done multiple way not just by war.
In case India does attack nothing major will happen, at best there will be strikes mostly aerial and few cruise missile for few days maybe 2,3 and then the whole world will pressurize both nations to stop it.

The result could be both India and Pakistan will lose few soldiers and few aircraft's etc. The family of the hero's who will lose their life will have the biggest impact.

India might be able to hit few targets that can help reduce the terror (doubtful).
Pakistan might be able to strike few targets of desire, I must say they will hit more then we (Want to avoid any discussion on who is superior).

India will lose more militarily, but nothing much beyond that.
End result will be more painful to Pakistan, since it will face more pressure from the world. The strikes will be seen as retaliatory strikes by India and since world is convinced on origin of 26/11 irrespective of if we have sufficient proof, world will blame it on Pak (My personal experience says image matters).
One more thing we have to remember war is not just about people or weapons its more about economy of country.
1) Pakistan's plan to buy f16 block 52 will be impacted.
2) Few aids that were on the way to Pak will get impacted.

Since there will be no nuclear war (I believe those nukes are just high maintenance toys and will only prevent from being captured ) it is going to be advantage India, we might lose more but will make sure that people who support terrorist will have to give second thought before planning next time.

However I hope that there is no war or any such strikes, close to 1 year gone no major strikes in India. I hope it stays that way.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom