What's new

Indian task force suggests inflicting ‘economic pain’ on Pakistan

Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian task force suggests inflicting ‘economic pain’ on Pakistan

* FICCI suggests launching surgical strikes, intense attacks on Pakistan, blocking water routes to stop ‘terror attacks’

By Iftikhar Gilani

NEW DELHI: As India prepares to mark a year since the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, its corporate captains have asked for inflicting “economic pain, covert retaliation and surgical strikes against Pakistan to end terrorism inside India”.
In an 118-page "Task Force Report on National Security and Terrorism", the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) has called for launching a limited but intense attack on Pakistani-controlled territories in case another Mumbai type incident takes place in India.
The report also called for using water as a weapon to punish and pressurise Pakistan.
“Water is a very serious issue for Pakistan and India channelling water for irrigation and power can severely pressurise Pakistan,” it added.
The report suggests a basket of options for using against Pakistan – economic, trade, media, foreign relations, military and covert measures. Ironically the FICCI, which almost suggested launching a war against Pakistan, partners the India-Pakistan Joint Chamber of Commerce dedicated to promote trade and relationship between the two countries.
The trade body also observed that terror attacks in India were meant to "derail India's surging economic growth".
The FICCI task force include former bureaucrats, intelligence and defence officials, including Lt Gen (r) Satish Nambiar, former air chief S Krishnaswamy, former National Security Guard head Ved Prakash Marwah, former additional cabinet secretary B Raman and former Intelligence Bureau director Ajit Kumar Doval.
The report documents in detail how Pakistan's policies on terrorism and its military establishment, “infused with jihadist mindset”, would continue to threaten India's surging economy and security in the future.
"India needs to be sanitised from influence or affliction by radical elements of Pak-Afghan origins that have their focus on destabilising India," the report states. "So far India's response has been reactive and defensive. India must make Pakistan realise that continued use of terrorism against her will hurt itself more than India."
The report suggests "hard options" to make "sponsorship of terrorism prohibitive for our neighbours". For starters, the report suggests to "inflict economic pain" on Pakistan. "Stop all imports from Pakistan, ban flights of Pakistani airline over Indian territory, and significantly restrict travel between the two countries. Pakistan will react but the pain will be asymmetrically more for Pakistan," the report recommends.
"Covert retaliation. Immediate reprisal strikes should always be an option. India must revive its covert capabilities and be able to take deniable covert actions inside Pakistan."
"Surgical strikes. Conduct surgical strikes, particularly (at) Pakistan Occupied Kashmir terror camps. This can be done. India seems to know with reasonable certainty where these terror camps are. We should be prepared to deal with international disapproval and more importantly be prepared for escalation of war with Pakistan," the report says.
The report also notes that it was “fallacious to believe that the so-called soft attitude and double standards of the West on Pakistan will change".

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Well if there will be attacks from across the border we have to create some plan to counter it.

Well if there will be attacks from across the border we have to create some plan to counter it.

The war mongers in your country as simply suggesting an open war.

Any strike inside Pakistan by India wont hurt us that much but the problem it will create for India will be huge

The war mongers in your country as simply suggesting an open war.

Any strike inside Pakistan by India wont hurt us that much but the problem it will create for India will be huge

Jana this news came in a Pakistani newspaper ..Can you provide me a link from a neutral source??From these kind of articles I am wondering who the real war monger is??

Jana this news came in a Pakistani newspaper ..Can you provide me a link from a neutral source??From these kind of articles I am wondering who the real war monger is??

:) the said Pakistani paper is pro-India. Secondly the boy who reported it is based in Dehli and reporting for the newspaper.

Read from Page 47 onwards plzzzzzz, official document of the FICCI directly available on its website. :cheers:

http://www.ficci.com/SPdocument/20032/terrorism-report.pdf

I had no idea how much hate there is in Indian mindset, today had the privilege of reading a few Bharat Rakshak threads, there is such a poisonous attitude i was astonished, this forum is 1000 times better then that one, atleast its very very civilized comparing to the other forum and such kind of documents.

All this action is supposed to take only when

1. ***Terrorists from pakistan attack india and cause huge loss of life

So the responsiblity is on pakistan not to let terrorists operating in pakistan to cause harm to India.

*** so called Non-state actors are included in this.

There is nothing wrong in having a contingency plan of action.

Contrary to what is felt, no prob is / will be too huge for India.

As things stand now, offensive action is not recommended as it would polarise fissiparous elements across the border.

Yet, in the event of another 26/11, things could change very very soon - consequences notwithstanding.

And you think your contingency plan is workable?????

Just give me few solid reasons for this so-called contingency plan of yours if is going to save India in future ???

Contrary to what is felt, no prob is / will be too huge for India.

As things stand now, offensive action is not recommended as it would polarise fissiparous elements across the border.

Yet, in the event of another 26/11, things could change very very soon - consequences notwithstanding.

We even think India can plan another 26/11.

Just read a new book on killing of ATS chief Hemant karkare and one from my side could shudder that we should be prepared for another 26/11

And you think your contingency plan is workable?????

Just give me few solid reasons for this so-called contingency plan of yours if is going to save India in future ???

Dont send your terrorists into India simple, then we have nothing against pakistan. Then you can deal with your problems in NWFP / Baluchistan and we will deal ours.

We even think India can plan another 26/11.

Just read a new book on killing of ATS chief Hemant karkare and one from my side could shudder that we should be prepared for another 26/11

Why would India execute a 26 /11 on itself to attack if its ends are being met without having to do so ?

Dont send your terrorists into India simple, then we have nothing against pakistan. Then you can deal with your problems in NWFP / Baluchistan and we will deal ours.

If you can not gaurd your borders than its not our problem.

Above all they have nothing to with our official stance of non-interference.

Our govt is not sending anyone there. we can not keep a tab if someone enters your country individually. As much as you do not have hold on your own citizens who had took part in Mumbai attacks.

All this action is supposed to take only when

1. ***Terrorists from pakistan attack india and cause huge loss of life

So the responsiblity is on pakistan not to let terrorists operating in pakistan to cause harm to India.

*** so called Non-state actors are included in this.

The trade and travel restrictions will have a negligible impact on Pakistan - the trade balance is in favor of India anyway.

The problem with the other 'contingency proposals' - cutting off water, attacks on sites within Pakistan etc. - is that they will likely result in war, and the FICCI groups understands that, which is why the caution the GoI to be prepared for war and international condemnation.

So in essence in many ways this document suggests proposals that will lead to war, and is therefore unhelpful, but at the same time indicative of why Pakistan cannot lower its guard against India.

Why would India execute a 26 /11 on itself to attack if its ends are being met without having to do so ?

third eye if you can lay hands on this book kindly read it and i would like to have an edition of it too :)
There are alot of things

"Who Killed Karkare?Real face of terrorism in India"
ISBN-10: 81-7221-036-1
Year: 2009
Publishers: Pharos Media Publishing Pvt Ltd

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom