What's new

Indian Tactical Missiles(Must Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Con and Su-47,

Don't mistake my pointing out collaboration with the Russians and French as indicating that India has not done anything. The attempts at producing those weapons systems locally obviously indicate a high degree of local R and D and the requisite infrastructure, after several decades of investment. But nonetheless the influence of foreign input to finalize those products, and overcome bottlenecks cannot be ignored either.

Samudra,

Pakistan did not have the resources, human or capital, to go for massive infrastructural and institutional development in such programs that India did. At the same time, the development of Pakistani institutions and R&D in various fields cannot be ignored either. "Importing a blueprint" does not mean that there is no need for Scientists, technicians and the assorted facilities to turn those blue prints into products. I am not ashamed of Pakistan choosing a route that better fit its situation - that we have the knowhow, the institutions, facilities and Scientists and technicians to continue development and R&D in newer products is what counts.

However this thread is about the Indian TM's, so the tangential Pakistan discussion will end at this point.

The last part of your post is ranting off topic rubbish and has been deleted. You can make that point in a relevant thread.

Con and Su-47,

Don't mistake my pointing out collaboration with the Russians and French as indicating that India has not done anything. The attempts at producing those weapons systems locally obviously indicate a high degree of local R and D and the requisite infrastructure, after several decades of investment. But nonetheless the influence of foreign input to finalize those products, and overcome bottlenecks cannot be ignored either.

Samudra,

Pakistan did not have the resources, human or capital, to go for massive infrastructural and institutional development in such programs that India did. At the same time, the development of Pakistani institutions and R&D in various fields cannot be ignored either. "Importing a blueprint" does not mean that there is no need for Scientists, technicians and the assorted facilities to turn those blue prints into products. I am not ashamed of Pakistan choosing a route that better fit its situation - that we have the knowhow, the institutions, facilities and Scientists and technicians to continue development and R&D in newer products is what counts.

However this thread is about the Indian TM's, so the tangential Pakistan discussion will end at this point.

The last part of your post is ranting off topic rubbish and has been deleted. You can make that point in a relevant thread.

One of prime reason India invested decades of efforts in building infrastructure is due to the nature of world politics and the way arms manufactures dump systems to third world country.
Most of these system produced by the western and russian companies does not work in the subcontinent. You cannot modify according to your needs because it cost money.
Add to all you never get the best bang for your buck. The head DRDO keeps saying that these countries will only supply you better system,if you have demonstrated the capabilities to some extend. Best example if the ABM system. Ever since India conducted the ABM test, LM is on it's toes to sell PAC-3 to India. Despite numerous denial of interest by India,they keep giving out reports of LM supplying PAC-3 to India.

Things like C3I should be home grown as much as possible.The C3I of the Iraq's were build by the French and they got royally hammered during the first Gulf war as the French supplied all the intel to the Americans. Remember Falklands? French stabbing the Argentineans.

DRDO might be re-inventing the wheel,because Indian wheel is different from an American wheel.

SPADA AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM

A system capable of protecting of vital assets from air attacks conducted in a dense ECM and clutter environment, including precision guided munitions and tactical missiles.The MBDA solution SPADA 2000 is a unique all weather solution for that mission. Its design comprises the following:modular, flexible and open architecture for dispersed deployment of constituent units high tactical mobility and aero-transportability, through extensive use of ISO Standard modules and special built-in devices for lifting and levelling fast deployment and set-to-operate, thanks to the embedded mission planning, digital map loading and processing, automatic navigation and automatic system initialisation, enhanced firing power and engagement envelope to counter simultaneous attacks of targets in close formation, capable of integrating and of tactically co-ordinating existing light anti-air weapons, such as guns.

MAIN FEATURES and ADVANTAGES

The basic SPADA 2000 configuration consists of a Detection Centre and of 2 Firing Sections (expandable to 4). Up to 10 light anti-air weapons can be managed by the system in addition to its Firing Sections.

The Detection Centre is composed of a 3D volumetric air surveillance radar having a TWS capability of up to 100 air tracks, within its 60 km range, and of an Operation Centre

The Firing Section is composed of a tracking and illumination radar with its control unit and of two Missile Launchers, with 6 ready-to-fire ASPIDE 2000 missiles each.

The tracking and Illumination radar has an effective range of 40 km, while the ASPIDE 2000 missile has an intercept envelope of over 20 km.

System Architecture
High degree of modularity and flexibility

Engagement capability

Up to 4 simultaneous engagements; more than 12 engagements per sequence

Missile intercept coverage
More than 20 km

Multi-layered air defence
Provided by the combined use of Aspide 2000 missiles and of guns

Superiority in air defence

The ASPIDE 2000 missile:

Its operational performances have been sized to make the missile capable of engaging attacking aircraft before they can release their airborne stand-off rocket propelled missiles. It can engage air threats at ranges well beyond all other short range SAM missiles already in production. The ASPIDE 2000 is equipped with an enhanced single stage rocket motor to increase the missile speed, lateral acceleration and effective range.

Missile Length: 3.7 m
Missile Diameter: 0.234 m
Speed: High supersonic
Intercept range: approximately 25 km
Propulsion
High thrust single stage solid rocket motor
High thrust single stage solid rocket motor> 50 g
Guidance
Semi-active radar homing
Warhead & fuze
High lethality fragmentation warhead
Proximity fuze, independent from homing seeker, also effective at very low altitude

Link:
Spada 2000, air defence system, missile, air missile - MBDA

NOW THIS IS A PROVEN SYSTEM WORLD WIDE AND PEOPLE HAVE THE GUTS TO COMPARE AKASH SYSTEM WITH SPADA AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM OF MBDA.

IRONICAL!

SPADA AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM

NOW THIS IS A PROVEN SYSTEM WORLD WIDE AND PEOPLE HAVE THE GUTS TO COMPARE AKASH SYSTEM WITH SPADA AIR DEFENCE SYSTEM OF MBDA.

IRONICAL!

i completely agree that the spada is a proven, lethal system. i nevr for a second underestimated its capability. i also know that akash is not a proven system.

but that does not make akash an inferior system to the spada. how can you say it is inferior if you dont hknow how well it operates? just coz india made it? can you point out a single point where you can emphasise that the spada is superior?

Lets See...

1. Comparing Thales made Radar with Rajendra .... Looks like comparing Europe with Africa in Developement.

2. Aspide 2000 Missile has a Proven High Supersonic Speed inexcess of MACH 4 which doesnot even allow the incoming Planes to deploy the weapons within the Spada System Envelope of Engagement. The maneuverability of Aspide 2000 is no way a Comparison with Akash since it is in excess of 30g and nearly 50g Instantaneous deployement is sustainable and is proven.

3. Aspide is proven for 25kM target shootdown. Akash is NOT.

4. Spada within its evelope can even shoot down tactical Missiles and Guided Bombs.

5. Range and Specs of Akash System are not Proven.

Lets See...

1. Comparing Thales made Radar with Rajendra .... Looks like comparing Europe with Africa in Developement.

2. Aspide 2000 Missile has a Proven High Supersonic Speed inexcess of MACH 4 which doesnot even allow the incoming Planes to deploy the weapons within the Spada System Envelope of Engagement. The maneuverability of Aspide 2000 is no way a Comparison with Akash since it is in excess of 30g and nearly 50g Instantaneous deployement is sustainable and is proven.

3. Aspide is proven for 25kM target shootdown. Akash is NOT.

4. Spada within its evelope can even shoot down tactical Missiles and Guided Bombs.

5. Range and Specs of Akash System are not Proven.

exactly! akash is not proven yet. so to make any assumptions at this stage would be baseless. once the full data on it has beeen released, we can continue the comparison.

How so? Be specific.
Aspide 2000 Missile has a Proven High Supersonic Speed inexcess of MACH 4

Akash is a RAMJET and it propelled throughout its flight. Aspide is NOT.

The maneuverability of Aspide 2000 is no way a Comparison with Akash since it is in excess of 30g and nearly 50g Instantaneous deployement is sustainable and is proven.

What do you mean ? Akash is not maneuverable because its heavy? The Akash can take 15G. Digital on-board command and very high responsive actuator systems make Akash one of the best in its class.

Here is what DRDO had to say : Because this missile has an integrated ram-rocket, manoeuvrability is highest. The engine is 'on' throughout the flight. The thrust is on till the missile intercepts the target.

Aspide is proven for 25kM target shootdown. Akash is NOT.

Akash is PROVEN for 25km target shootdown.

Akash just shotdown its target for NINE consecutive times last December.

Akash is as much proven as Aspide.

But the beauty of Akash is in something else-that we had 100 per cent success. We conducted nine trials, and not even one failed,"

Spada within its evelope can even shoot down tactical Missiles and Guided Bombs

Will the laws of science stop working suddenly because the target illuminated by the Radar is not an aircraft ?

Range and Specs of Akash System are not Proven.

Thats a lie. Range and specs of Akash are available open source. The system has been accepted.

Here. Help yourselves with all the specifications and details of the AKASH system. We know everything.:smokin:

The Week
AKASH

IRONICAL!

Whats ironical about the AKASH being as good as the SPADA ? The laws of science wont work if the missiles is made by Indians ? ;)

What can i say for Ignorance about Facts!

Proven facts for Indians only. Not in service!

Tested by Indians and Indians only. Not by other countries for trial or something!

Live in your imaginary self Proclaimed Superiority Complex!....:agree:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tested by Indians and Indians only. Not by other countries for trial or something!

following your logic the f-22 raptor should be crap. its only been tested and tried by the americans. no other country has tried it!

PTP.

Stop running around with those icons and counter the post. For a start tell me how RAJENDRA is in any way inferior to similar radar made by THALES.

2.Why is AKASH less manouverable than Aspide 2000.

I couldn't care less about your other irrelevant remarks. Be civil and keep the discussion dignified.

PTP.

Stop running around with those icons and counter the post. For a start tell me how RAJENDRA is in any way inferior to similar radar made by THALES.

2.Why is AKASH less manouverable than Aspide 2000.

I couldn't care less about your other irrelevant remarks. Be civil and keep the discussion dignified.

I will say check Rajindra specs and then compare to Thales made radars.

Ironical to say that the countries which are nothing in technology claim to make a superior item in a field which they have no Infrustructure for. i.e. radars.

I gave a complete compare of Aspide and Akash and even then if someone can not find a difference then he is either an ignorant or a :crazy:.

GO on do what you do about your stuff being superior to every thing on earth .....:blah::blah: :blah:

:smokin:

I will say check Rajindra specs and then compare to Thales made radars.

So you're still to check the specs and you have the gall to make a claim ? That is being dishonest. Please educate yourselves with the performance specifications of the Rajendra radar before making another claim.

Ironical to say that the countries which are nothing in technology claim to make a superior item in a field which they have no Infrustructure for. i.e. radars.

1. Please read the definition for ironical. You seem to be fond of the word.

2. We have built up the infrastructure required over a period of twenty years. We have been making, developing and testing radars for more than a decade.

I gave a complete compare of Aspide and Akash

No you're still cribbing about Aspide and Akash. You've offered nothing to validate your claims except a hurriedly grabbed set of numbers based on which Aspide, you claim, is superior to Akash.

You're only speculating, you didn't connect the specifications to the performance and you have not even read the specifications of the Rajendra radar.

Stop trolling.

even then if someone can not find a difference then he is either an ignorant or a .

GO on do what you do about your stuff being superior to every thing on earth

Stick to the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom