What's new

Indian Stealth Bomber No Longer a Secret

So what? It's still the first stealth aircraft and that was the point, since that was not developed by the US!
Except it wasn't stealth; a World War II fighter sized RCS was not stealth even in the 1940's. If the B2 bomber is made from wood, charcoal and saw dust I'd agree the US copied Horten's idea.

Wrong, the Horton brothers have aimed on later versions which were bigger and more capable to use them as strategic bombers, but the reason for the development in general was, that most of the German bombers and fighters were shot down before they reached the UK, since they were detected by radar even when they were at the other side of the Canal. The Germans developed several different systems to attack UK, from bombers, the V2 rockets (base of US rocket program btw) to long range artillery, but none of them proved to be effective in that time, that's why these first stealth fighters / bombers were developed.

Sorry that is incorrect, the Horten wing was part of Hermann Göring's 'Amerika Bomber' plan of which the '3 X 1000 projekt' that lead to the Horten wing was a key component. The objective was speed 1000 km/hr, range 1000 km and payload 1,000 kg - there is no mention of stealth in the requirements laid out by Hermann Göring for Horten's wing.

According to Albert Speer's book, Spandau: The Secret Diaries, Hitler was fascinated with the idea of New York City in flames. In 1937, Willy Messerschmitt hoped to win a lucrative contract by showing Hitler a prototype of the Messerschmitt Me 264 that was being designed to reach North America from Europe.[1] On July 8, 1938, barely two years after the death of Germany's main strategic bombing advocate, Generalleutnant Walter Wever and eight months after the Reich Air Ministry awarded the contract for the design of Germany's only operational heavy bomber during the war years, the Luftwaffe's commander-in-chief Hermann Göring gave a speech saying, "I completely lack the bombers capable of round-trip flights to New York with a 4.5-tonne bomb load. I would be extremely happy to possess such a bomber, which would at last stuff the mouth of arrogance across the sea."[2] Canadian historian Holger H. Herwig[3] claims the plan started as a result of discussions by Hitler in November 1940 and May 1941 when he stated his need to “deploy long-range bombers against American cities from the Azores.” Due to their location, he thought the Portuguese Azores islands were Germany's “only possibility of carrying out aerial attacks from a land base against the United States.”[2] At the time, Portuguese Prime-Minister Salazar had allowed German U-boats and navy ships to refuel there, but from 1943 onwards, he leased bases in the Azores to the British, allowing the Allies to provide aerial coverage in the middle of the Atlantic.

Amerika Bomber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

101 pages of United States and British intelligence documents covering the development of aircraft designed by the brothers Reimar and Walter Horten, including the Horten HO 229. Recently this plane has also been called "Hitler’s Stealth fighter", even though the plane's stealth capabilities may have been incidental.

http://www.paperlessarchives.com/FreeTitles/HortenHo229.pdf

Edited later: I just noticed you credit the German V2 for the US rocket program. This is incorrect, Robert Hutchings Goddard conducted the first liquid fueled rocket launch long before the Germans and he is regarded as the father of modern rocketry. The Germans used rockets as a weapon to indiscriminately kill innocent civilians by launching it at cities.

http://airandspace.si.edu/exhibitions/gal100/goddard.htm

kṣamā;3791398 said:
:::offtopic:::
Hey dim wit, I am seriously annoyed by your senseless and reason-less comments.
Being an Asian I can spank ur whity *** saying all ur explosives, rockets and bombs are copy of Chinese-Indian Chemists co notions called "Black Powder". The rockets used by all ur armed forces dose the same task ,look same and works same as the rockets used by Tipu Sultan of India.

And to finish this for once and for all, all ur digital works starting from the device u are reading this post to the computers keeping those 3 letter acronym-ed planes floating in air all use digital interfaces which speaks language of "0 - 1", where u all copied Indian mathematician "Aryabhatta".

Now once u sort all these out, then come and show us what we do. But first get rid of all those things which we Asians have given u then come and comment what u have just said.

@Moderators: Can u pls take care of such dimwits, dud-heads.
Earliest proven examples of guns are from Europe....anything else is conjecture....the Chinese claim to have flown with birds tied to a throne....I call shenanigans. Oh, and Indians invented digital computers? riiiight. Because no one could count before India came along.

Earliest proven examples of guns are from Europe....anything else is conjecture....the Chinese claim to have flown with birds tied to a throne....I call shenanigans. Oh, and Indians invented digital computers? riiiight. Because no one could count before India came along.

:blink: can you please enlight us on bold part???

I got a great idea, let's take a picture of American hardware and label it "indigenous"

WE Indians won't need Copycats..

Better England would be in favor of this Policy from US...Not Indians

I got a great idea, let's take a picture of American hardware and label it "indigenous"

ALL of what India calls 'indigenous' weapons are foreign imports. All the subcomponents of Indian 'indigenous' weapons are supplied by foreign manufacturers. There is NOTHING 100% 'indigenous' about any Indian weapon.
India cannot have 'indigenous' weapons because India still cannot reverse engineer. They certainly cannot innovate. But without reverse engineering how do they get these so called 'indigenous' weapons?
They import all the subcomponents from foreign manufacturers and get foreign experts to put it together and they call it 'indigenous' weapon.
:lol:

^^^I thought Chinese have high IQ but going by the above post that notion is pretty wrong. In this globalized world no product is 100 percent indigenous. Why should we reinvent the wheel when there is some one already made the product and selling to us for a price. The main reason why your nation reverse Engineer every thing is other nations does not want to sell their advanced products to you. So you try to reverse engineer a lower end of the product and try to understand its working and create a advanced product out of it. But this is more time consuming than creating a new product. This is not the case with us we buy the products which are available to us and build new ones which are denied to us. Eg: Arrow anti-ballistic missile system was denied to us hence we worked on our own and very soon our ABM will be inducted.

hahhaa, when these indian trolls call chinese designs copycat of F-35s, we chinese know ourselves that any resemblance is superficial at best. when we chinese laugh at the indians for stealing the b-2 design, we chinese know deep down that any similarity is going to be superficial as well (not because these indians aren't known for their thievery but because americans are too smart for them) - except these boastful indians never got beyond a painting on paper and beyond this superficiality yet, so even superficial resemblance makes it a 100% ripoff, hahahahha.

you indians deserve all the ridicule from chinese because 1) you brag way too early 2) you are way too hypocritical in throwing accusations at your intellectual betters 3) you are way too stupid to come up with a design of your own

If patent laws are applied strictly no Chinese cheap copy product will enter the International market.

Ideally speaking this DRDO boss Vijay Saraswat needs to be fired. Unless this is a false flag information leak (to hide something more important) this guy doesn't deserve to be the head of DRDO.

Which research agency in the world publicly announces secret projects 4 years in advance that too 4 years to get to a prototype stage. Which means 8-10 years for product to get to the end user (IAF). Looks like either he can only reach Indian Ministers via Newspapers or this joker just can't control his tongue. His firing will save DRDO from many embarrassments.

Urm.. DARPA??

Urm.. DARPA??

Sir the context here is that of a strategic unmanned stealth aircraft. Something that will cause reactions from other nations (who will be impacted by it). This should be kept under the same secrecy that we see from other countries. Did we see US talk about RQ 170 before it was introduced in 2007. I really don't think so. Are we dumb enough to think that the chinese or russians are not working on something like this. They may even be well ahead of DRDO. Even Pakistan might have some kind of stealth project. But no one is drumming it up like us. Showing Rustom is fine but showing something like Aura is plain stupid. I am not even discussing the fact that DRDO is miles away from making a prototype of this craft.

I don't think any of the DARPA projects are strategic in nature (atleast those in the public domain). The americans have been really good in hiding what they want to hide and showing only what they want us to see. Something that DRDO needs to learn.

Sir the context here is that of a strategic unmanned stealth aircraft. Something that will cause reactions from other nations (who will be impacted by it). This should be kept under the same secrecy that we see from other countries. Did we see US talk about RQ 170 before it was introduced in 2007. I really don't think so. Are we dumb enough to think that the chinese or russians are not working on something like this. They may even be well ahead of DRDO. Even Pakistan might have some kind of stealth project. But no one is drumming it up like us. Showing Rustom is fine but showing something like Aura is plain stupid. I am not even discussing the fact that DRDO is miles away from making a prototype of this craft.

I don't think any of the DARPA projects are strategic in nature. The americans have been really good in hiding what they want to hide and showing only what they want us to see. Something that we need to learn.

Well, when agencies or heads of agencies start drumming their chests.. They are usually looking for two things.

1. Recognition: serious issues with wanted to say that they have achieved something.. especially if they had FUBAR products previously.

2. Funding: letting people know that you have the capability to make something useful out of taxpayer money helps them get faith into your capability especially if that has been under threat from public representatives in the past.

Well, when agencies or heads of agencies start drumming their chests.. They are usually looking for two things.

1. Recognition: serious issues with wanted to say that they have achieved something.. especially if they had FUBAR products previously.

2. Funding: letting people know that you have the capability to make something useful out of taxpayer money helps them get faith into your capability especially if that has been under threat from public representatives in the past.

Both of your points are absolutely correct. Though in case of DRDO I think your first point is more relevent than the second. And this culture of constantly seeking attention/recognition by DRDO has got exacerbated since this guy has become chief.

If patent laws are applied strictly no Chinese cheap copy product will enter the International market.

there has never been an international "market" for sophisticated modern weaponry. it is always more a political mechanism than pure economic transaction. china has supplied its weapons to its allies, and those who are not its allies, like india, got weapons supplied by their patrons and political masters (some from anglo-americans, some from soviets and now russians; only cheap souls like indians know two masters, hahahaha). those who receive the weapons only care whether the delivered systems kill as promised, not whether they were derivatives of other weapons.

we are talking about weapons after all, not coffee tables. there is no intellectual property to it because it is natural law that if your very security is at risk, you are entitled to doing whatever you want. like i told the turkicists and saudis before, it was due to their political incompetence and technological ineptness that they were so sensitive to patents of the anglo-saxons, even when they could have used some better weapons to fight the jews.

when gangsters break into an indian’s or saudi’s or turkic's house and rape his woman and daughters, he can still find honor in NOT stealing his neighbor's axe and burying it in the back of the rapists' heads. alas, the honor code of the slave races cannot be penetrated by my power of understanding.

there has never been an international "market" for sophisticated modern weaponry. it is always more a political mechanism than pure economic transaction. china has supplied its weapons to its allies, and those who are not its allies, like india, got weapons supplied by their patrons and political masters (some from anglo-americans, some from soviets and now russians; only cheap souls like indians know two masters, hahahaha). those who receive the weapons only care whether the delivered systems kill as promised, not whether they were derivatives of other weapons.

we are talking about weapons after all, not coffee tables. there is no intellectual property to it because it is natural law that if your very security is at risk, you are entitled to doing whatever you want. like i told the turkicists and saudis before, it was due to their political incompetence and technological ineptness that they were so sensitive to patents of the anglo-saxons, even when they could have used some better weapons to fight the jews.

when gangsters break into an indian’s or saudi’s or turkic's house and rape his woman and daughters, he can still find honor in NOT stealing his neighbor's axe and burying it in the back of the rapists' heads. alas, the honor code of the slave races cannot be penetrated by my power of understanding.

Yes the Mongol oppression of has brought this mentality in some delusion ed posters her, who are failing to understand the international laws.

Yes the Mongol oppression of has brought this mentality in some delusion ed posters her, who are failing to understand the international laws.

it is natural law that says when it comes to self-defense, copyright means crap. so i don't care for international laws, especially since it was largely written by white people and a chinese isn't an indian when it comes to his "reverence" for white people stuff.

Back
Top Bottom