What's new

Indian spy's role alleged in Sri Lankan president's election defeat

Did the current government invite pope? The previous government invited pope and the current government had to facilitate his procedures.
Yeah try and justify using an A340 to fly the Pope and his entourage to Manila. LOL. Wonder how many delays and knock on effects on SriLankan Airlines flights that had? All for some old white man from Europe and his cronies?

"Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate."

Aney paw, the poverty stricken bugger. Has to depend on the people of Sri Lanka to pay for his business class flight.

This must be the "Yaha palanaya" that is so concerned about getting rid of corruption and "saving the people's money."

In other news....
ado.jpg

Yeah try and justify using an A340 to fly the Pope and his entourage to Manila. LOL. Wonder how many delays and knock on effects on SriLankan Airlines flights that had? All for some old white man from Europe and his cronies?

"Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate."

Aney paw, the poverty stricken bugger. Has to depend on the people of Sri Lanka to pay for his business class flight.

This must be the "Yaha palanaya" that is so concerned about getting rid of corruption and "saving the people's money."

In other news....
ado.jpg
I once used to blindly support MR even for his foolish projects like Maththala Airport but I have seen the error of my ways. I hope you will too.

Last edited:
Thanks for not addressing any of the points I've raised.

Mattala was a bad idea to start with, so was Mihin.

I'm sure the Pope can spare the gold ring, seeing as he has 20 billion dollars behind him.

Yet he wants Sri Lankan tax payers to fund his flight to Manila on an A340.

doing-it-wrong-pope.jpeg

And oh, pointless posting in Sinhala here; this is an international forum not Sirisena's paddyfield.

Thanks for not addressing any of the points I've raised.

Mattala was a bad idea to start with, so was Mihin.

I'm sure the Pope can spare the gold ring, seeing as he has 20 billion dollars behind him.

Yet he wants Sri Lankan tax payers to fund his flight to Manila on an A340.

doing-it-wrong-pope.jpeg

And oh, pointless posting in Sinhala here; this is an international forum not Sirisena's paddyfield.
What does pope have to do with this? Do you think if the previous government won the election pope would have gone to Manila with his own plane? That's irrelevant. The point is MR used a lot of state money for his own daydreams and family. Sure he won the war and he will be respected but if he acted with a bit of sanity he would have gained even more respect from people. As I said before I used to support MR for his every action like you but I've stopped. One of the problems in Sri Lanka is that people place political parties over country's interests. Some people are even foolish enough to damage the country over their favourite political party.

Rajapaksa's brother was patron of fascist Bodu Bala Sena that attacked Muslim properties and killed Muslims. It is surprising that RAW was able to help defeat Rajapaksa. RAW is also funding terrorist activities in Pakistan,

What does pope have to do with this? Do you think if the previous government won the election pope would have gone to Manila with his own plane? That's irrelevant. The point is MR used a lot of state money for his own daydreams and family. Sure he won the war and he will be respected but if he acted with a bit of sanity he would have gained even more respect from people. As I said before I used to support MR for his every action like you but I've stopped. One of the problems in Sri Lanka is that people place political parties over country's interests. Some people are even foolish enough to damage the country over their favourite political party.

Here's what the Pope has to do with this:

The new Sri Lankan government came into power claiming to fight corruption, wastage of public funds and and the practice of hiring incompetent people to run various institutions. They screamed and shouted how SriLankan Airlines was being used as a private plane, how routes chosen were not profitable, how the planes were being used to transport VIPs at the expense of ordinary people.

Then the first thing they do in power is use a massive A340 to transport the Pope and his entourage all the way to Manila, a city that SriLankan Airlines does not even fly to. How is that not a wastage of public funds? It flies in the very face of what the UNP was screaming about while it was in the opposition.

This is not about "the previous government" ... there is a new government in power. Why are they not practicing what they were preaching while they were in the opposition?

The Pope is a complete asshole for wanting developing countries to foot the bill for his flights given that the institution he leads is wallowing in wealth and riches.

Last edited:

This guy is clutching at straws bro.. Pretty pathetic to see.. Spewing religious hatred and ethnic divisions just to sooth his bitterness over the defeat of Rajapaksa. This is the real reason

FAST FACTS: Papal flight protocols and practices

When the Pope leaves a country, the protocol is that he should ride a plane from that country's flagship airline. In the case of Pope Francis' visit to the Philippines, he'll arrive in Manila onboard a SriLankan Airlines plane, and will leave riding a Philippine Airlines plane.

I wonder why he was silent when Sri Lankan was used as private property of his beloved leader and his coterie ?? When Gota had one specifically flown to bring back a dog for his wife from Switzerland? Which led him to threaten a journalist with death when questioned about it

Gota Has Gone To The Dog: SriLankan Airlines And A Puppy Dog For Gota’s Wife | Colombo Telegraph

Defence Secretary, Gotabaya Rajapaksa went berserk when contacted by The Sunday Leader to clarify and find outif he was aware that the management at SriLankan Airlines had taken a decision to change a wide bodied A340 scheduled to fly to Zurich on Friday July 13, to a smaller A330. The change was to be made so that a SriLankan Airline pilot, who is dating a niece of President Mahinda Rajapaksa could personally fly the aircraft that would carry a ‘puppy dog’ for Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa from Zurich.

When Mahinda Rajapaksa's brother in law a ex planter was appointed as the head of the national carrier.. During his period the airlines ran in to billions of dollars in loss.. And when the Chairman Nishantha Wickeremasinghe used to fly first class willy nilly to Dubai for free to visit his much younger mistress twice a week ??

Shiranthi Brother SriLankan Chairman’s Girlfriend Couldn’t Wait | Colombo Telegraph

Just a week after local newspapers exposed SriLankan Airlines Chairman, Nishantha Wickremasinghe for ordering a Colombo bound aircraft from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore just to pick him up en route it has now been revealed that he had once again intervened to change another flight.

When billions of rupees of Sri Lankan tax payers money was used to boost the ego of his beloved tin pot dictator to run a massive loss making Mihin air.. For rogues like Sajin Vaas to be billionaires over night ??

And here he is screaming for some reason with bold italics and large fonts about the visit of a religious leader.. A massive case of attention disorder ?? And posting crap with no credible sources.. Just exposes himself to the whole forum.. :lol:

This guy is clutching at straws bro.. Pretty pathetic to see.. Spewing religious hatred and ethnic divisions just to sooth his bitterness over the defeat of Rajapaksa. This is the real reason

No religious hatred here. Just pointing out the fact that the Sri Lankan government used tax payers money to fly an old white man and his entourage to Manila, a destination Sri Lankan Airlines does not even fly to. WTF for? The Vatican is rich - beyond rich, and yet the Sri Lankan government spends $$$ to fly them to the Phillipines. What about all those poor Sri Lankans who are starving without a meal? (UNP propaganda during the election). I guess Ranil doesn't give two hoots about them huh?

I wonder why he was silent when Sri Lankan was used as private property of his beloved leader and his coterie ?? When Gota had one specifically flown to bring back a dog for his wife from Switzerland? Which led him to threaten a journalist with death when questioned about it

So according to you the new Sri Lankan government is no different to the old one? What a fuckin laugh. I thought the whole idea of a change of government was to fight corruption and wastage of public funds? Looks like the UNP was talking out of its butthole throughout the election campaign? What happened to all that screaming and shouting about not using tax payers money for useless things. Did that fly out the window as soon as Ranil took office?

What happend to the "change" the UNP was promising?

When Mahinda Rajapaksa's brother in law a ex planter was appointed as the head of the national carrier.. During his period the airlines ran in to billions of dollars in loss.. And when the Chairman Nishantha Wickeremasinghe used to fly first class willy nilly to Dubai for free to visit his much younger mistress twice a week ??

Bit rich to complain about this since Sri Lanka's new foreign minister is a lingerie designer and the minister of Finance Ravi Karunanayake is a corrupt baboon who literally ate Sathosa to the ground and the Minister of Industry and Commerce Rishard Bathiudeen is a guy who led a mob attack against the courts and used his power to bully Tamils in Mannar. No?

When billions of rupees of Sri Lankan tax payers money was used to boost the ego of his beloved tin pot dictator to run a massive loss making Mihin air.. For rogues like Sajin Vaas to be billionaires over night ??

And here he is screaming for some reason with bold italics and large fonts about the visit of a religious leader.. A massive case of attention disorder ?? And posting crap with no credible sources.. Just exposes himself to the whole forum.. :lol:

Agree with Mihin Lanka being a total waste of money.

But why did the new Sri Lankan government use a massive A340 to fly the Pope to Manila?

Religious leader or CEO of the biggest paedophile organisation in the world? That's open to debate.

Last edited:
.But to suggest some RAW official is responsible to make 15 million Lankans to vote one of their preference .. Is not only laughable much like the OP but giving too much credence to the Indian intelligence apparatus capabilities..

Always good to see a level headed guy here. There are enough conspiracy theorists around, certainly don't need Lankans to go down that path

Funny to see the supporters of Rajapakshe cannot digest his defeat .

Calling your ministers as B1tches of another country just because he belongs to another political party is shamefull .

Since when Sri Lankans here started believing in conspiracy theory...seem they have caught the bug from Pakistanis

Rajapaksa's brother was patron of fascist Bodu Bala Sena that attacked Muslim properties and killed Muslims. It is surprising that RAW was able to help defeat Rajapaksa. RAW is also funding terrorist activities in Pakistan,

Rajapaksa, had a cordial relationship with India , Modi prematurely wished him 'good luck' in Nov 2014. If RAW helped the opposition oust Rajapaksa, then why should Sri Lanka expel the Colombo chief of RAW ?

Rajapaksa, Sirisena's candidacy was orchestrated by pro-American coalition of parties - brokered by Chandrika Kumaratunga who through her working with Clinton Foundation had established close relationship with Washington . US had it reasons for the ouster of Rajapaksa - primarily - war crime and .deep economical ties with China

Since when Sri Lankans here started believing in conspiracy theory...seem they have caught the bug from Pakistanis

Sri Lankans have also been victim of RAW terrorism. Since RAW is funding terrorist activities in neighboring countries.

@samv Stop being a stupid clown! If your favourite political party lost then make up your mind and move on. It's not like you personally get anything from Rajapaksha. Same thing applies for the UNP clowns too. Go through my past posts and you will find out that I have supported Rajapaksha on this very own forum countless times. @Gibbs too have supported him. But there should be an end to the madness. He was a strong leader at war times but by no means he can be considered as a good politician for the economy. If you care to use your few remaining brain cells, you will see that many people who supported Maithree is also keen on keeping his government in check. This is what's needed in Sri Lanka. People should always keep their government pressured instead of being sheep.

That being said, I don't trust this new government at all either. In fact, I don't trust a single politician.
Rajapaksa, had a cordial relationship with India , Modi prematurely wished him 'good luck' in Nov 2014. If RAW helped the opposition oust Rajapaksa, then why should Sri Lanka expel the Colombo chief of RAW ?

Rajapaksa, Sirisena's candidacy was orchestrated by pro-American coalition of parties - brokered by Chandrika Kumaratunga who through her working with Clinton Foundation had established close relationship with Washington . US had it reasons for the ouster of Rajapaksa - primarily - war crime and .deep economical ties with China
US couldn't care less about supposed war crimes. :lol:

If you're Sri Lankan, you should also learn to get over the tribal mentality. For the rest of the world, this is just a tiny island with little influence. A developed Sri Lanka benefits us all or else we can forever fight each other over silly rubbish.

After all I can't expect either of you to embrace some logical thinking so I am not going to post on this thread any more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom