What's new

Indian spy to be hanged

The region of Punjab on both sides of the border has produced some of the best and professional soldiers the world has seen. Even the British when they needed to recruit soldiers they went to the Punjab area and parts of the Frontier.
Now the only reason why I can come up with why most Indian spue are Sikhs is when they are sent to Pakistan they eaisily blend in. By that I mean 60% of our population is Punjabi and Sikhs being Punjabi they easily blend in.

Soldier is never a terrorist.

Do you think all those who are the master minds of target killings in Pakistan of doctors, students and school buses are soldiers? no they are fungus which grows on sanitation? Perhaps they really grow in slums filled with *****.

Soldier is never a terrorist.
Do you think all those who are the master minds of target killings in Pakistan of doctors, students and school buses are soldiers? no they are fungus which grows on sanitation? Perhaps they really grow in slums filled with *****.

When did I ever say soldiers were terrorists. I was just trying or at least making the point of why Indian spies come from Punjab, which was totally my opinion.
I am one of those people who have great respect and admiration for soldier of any country. Soldiers are everything I wish I was, I mean they are disciplined, respected. I have come to realize that it is not the soldiers who are to blame but those who give command to soldiers, the corrupt civilians. In Pakistan's case I have supported and am proud of every soldiers. I have supported every single General who has come into power. The reason I rather have a General as our leader then a corrupt politician, which in our case almost all of our politicians are corrupt.

India seeks ‘leniency’ for Sarabjit

By Iftikhar Gilani

NEW DELHI: Indian parliamentarians on Monday pleaded President Pervez Musharraf to show “some leniency” towards Indian prisoner Sarabjit Singh, who is to be hanged on April 1, for his alleged involvement in the 1990 bomb blasts in Lahore.

The Indian government also hoped that Pakistan would review the decision to hang Sarabjit keeping in view the “sentiments of the people”. Members from the Congress and the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Rajya Sabha (upper house) demanded a resolution against the move to hang Sarabjit.

State Minister for External Affairs Anand Sharma told the house that India had “limited options” in this case, and could only request the Pakistan government to re-consider the case on humanitarian grounds.

Death warrant for Sarabjit has been received at Lahore’s Kot Lakhpat Jail, where he has been languishing for the last 17 years.

“In the Sarabjit Singh case, we had earlier conveyed strong sentiments of our people and requested Pakistan to give some clemency and reprieve to Sarabjit. We hope that considering humanitarian aspects, some leniency would be given to him,” Sharma told reporters on the sidelines of a function here.

To a question, Anand Sharma said, “It is a very sensitive issue. We can only request the Pakistan government to show some leniency”. Sarabjit’s sister Dalbir Kaur met Congress parliamentarian Rahul Gandhi, and asked him to take up the matter with the government. She condemned a statement of Kashmir Singh, who has been recently released from Pakistan after President Pervez Musharraf pardoned him, in which he admitted that he was an Indian spy, saying the statement had cast shadows on the fate of other Indian prisoners still in Pakistani jails.

“It has been our endeavour to ensure that prisoners in both the countries, who have completed their sentences, are released and for which a committee has been set up,” he said.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Only a miracle could save Sarabjit’s life

By Mariana Baabar

ISLAMABAD: It appears that only a miracle would save the life of Indian national Sarabjit Singh, who is set to be hanged on April 1. Sarabjit Singh is on death row for involvement in 1990 bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan.

On Monday, senior officials at the Indian High Commission informed Islamabad that hanging Singh "may not be the best way to deal" with the issue. The Federal Minister for Human Rights Ansar Burney on Monday stated that his ministry would not submit any petition about Sarabjit Singh.

A request for consular access to Sarabjit has been sent to Pakistani authorities, Indian High Commission sources said. It had been indicated to them that hanging him "might not be the best way to deal with the situation in the prevailing circumstances", the sources maintained.

AFP adds: India called on Monday for Pakistan to show "leniency" towards Sarabjit Singh. The call came as the man's family threatened to hang themselves if he was executed. India's junior foreign minister Anand Sharma told reporters in New Delhi that the government had "limited options" and could only request Islamabad consider the humanitarian aspects. India has already "conveyed the strong sentiments of our people and requested some clemency and reprieve for him," the minister said. "If the Pakistan government hangs Sarabjit and send him back dead, the whole family will lose no time in hanging themselves," said his 19-year-old daughter Swapandeep Kaur.

Only a miracle could save Sarabjit’s life

Hang him now for the death of innocent lives he's taken, his wife could find another husband their plenty of men running around on the streets.

Though people are angered, we must think of the long term.

It is possible that Khalid Mehmood was an ISI agent, and it is possible that sarabjet is also a spy, no one knows the truth, only the top Army officers and ISI will know the truth.

We can hang him, but I am sure there are lots of ISI agents in Indian jails, and their life is in danger. I am sure the Indian intelligence agencies will kill them ruthlessly.

Why Don't you guys exchange each others spies ?

However this man is supposed to be terrorist ? I am personally against capital punishment as the chances of an innocent man being framed and killed has happened in most advanced countries so it will happen in India and Pakistan too.

Also since the Govts of both countries want to divert the attention from their own corruption and human rights violations they maybe tempted to frame each others citizens for bombings etc.

Regards

Though people are angered, we must think of the long term.

It is possible that Khalid Mehmood was an ISI agent, and it is possible that sarabjet is also a spy, no one knows the truth, only the top Army officers and ISI will know the truth.

We can hang him, but I am sure there are lots of ISI agents in Indian jails, and their life is in danger. I am sure the Indian intelligence agencies will kill them ruthlessly.

Dude the whole idea to kill Khalid Mehmood was to make sure Pakistan may not attempt to release another spy and to suppress any sympathies what so ever a convict may garner upon award of death penalty.
First of all Indian nation cannot celebrate every spy coming home and the idea of heroism will die.
Secondly, Indian government has to face his employee and organize for some financial compensation or pension. Which otherwise can be used to hire more similar nuts.
Thirdly, owning a terrorist is like owning his acts.

Back
Top Bottom