What's new

Indian Special Forces

and forget to mention all indian SF(para,marcos,garuds) wear the maroon beret now ,with diff. insignia ofcourse.

I'm sorry but I believe you are wrong can you please provide me with a source that paras (sf) took place. It is incorrect in my opinion and am sure that no sf took place instead it was an infantry-infantry exercise.usually sf personal exercise with other sf (US SF and Para cmds took conducted and ex a few years back as did SAS and Para cmds) and there were no spetznetz in this ex.

Firstly,those helmets you see are for Para's as of now.You wont find any Ghatak or any Infantryman wearing that helmet.

Secondly,i have never seen a Tavor in the hands of Ghatak till now.Tavors are only for SF as of now..ya the talks of Ghataks having it is going on.

Thirdly,i dont have any link for this but i came to know from my source that Paras took part..and in some articles you read it is mentioned that airborne troops of IA took part which obviously means Paras...you can believe me if you want to or you can belive they are Ghatak..but i will still tell you that Ghataks dont carry Tavors..their weapon of choice is AK.

Firstly,those helmets you see are for Para's as of now.You wont find any Ghatak or any Infantryman wearing that helmet.

Secondly,i have never seen a Tavor in the hands of Ghatak till now.Tavors are only for SF as of now..ya the talks of Ghataks having it is going on.

Thirdly,i dont have any link for this but i came to know from my source that Paras took part..and in some articles you read it is mentioned that airborne troops of IA took part which obviously means Paras...you can believe me if you want to or you can belive they are Ghatak..but i will still tell you that Ghataks dont carry Tavors..their weapon of choice is AK.

buddy incidentally i happen to have sources within the para and they said themselves SF weren't there with the russians ,SF here is currently more into indo-US exercises,though they could be from 5,6,7 para which is the airborne unit not SF.russians are very secretive with their spetsnaz.

ghataks in CI ops are being tavors by units favoring them over the AK,tavors landed with SF in 2004 and many other infantry units did some trials to see if they could get some.media wont portray it as it isnt as glamorous a title such as
"MARCOS to get tavor/galil rifles".

you will be even surprised to know some operators within SF from army like the vz 58 over tavor in rough terrains.

ghataks in CI ops are being tavors by units favoring them over the AK,tavors landed with SF in 2004 and many other infantry units did some trials to see if they could get some.media wont portray it as it isnt as glamorous a title such as
"MARCOS to get tavor/galil rifles".

you will be even surprised to know some operators within SF from army like the vz 58 over tavor in rough terrains.

Dude,i hope you are right but i have been with some Ghataks myself and if they had Tavor i wont have been posing with an INSAS in my pic. ;)

Maybe the guys you are talking about have got it first and the guys i spent time with will be getting lateron.

Regarding the participation of Para...the helmet they are wearing is for the Para's...the Para get first whatever the Army buys and lateron comes the chance of Ghatak and regular infantrymen.

I would be very happy to know that Para didnt take part...but those helmets i dont think Ghataks have and secondly i trust my source.

Dude,i hope you are right but i have been with some Ghataks myself and if they had Tavor i wont have been posing with an INSAS in my pic. ;)

Maybe the guys you are talking about have got it first and the guys i spent time with will be getting lateron.

Regarding the participation of Para...the helmet they are wearing is for the Para's...the Para get first whatever the Army buys and lateron comes the chance of Ghatak and regular infantrymen.

I would be very happy to know that Para didnt take part...but those helmets i dont think Ghataks have and secondly i trust my source.

as i wrote they could be from 5,6,7 para, though you have raised some very good observations too.

yes para especially the para sf gets the cream stuff especially post 26/11 when their demands were taken seriously,what i am still to confirm is were MARCOS using AK 101,103 in wular lake operations before they got tavors.

I am not sure about ghatak but all special forces in india will now operate tavor. Apart from this RR in Kashmir also uses tavor.
Now CRPF is also using tavor. An order of 10,147 tavor was given. CRPF also used it in Lalgarh.

Read this article...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/74924-crpf-get-tavors.html

Sorry, these guys are not SF, they are members of the GHATAK platoon belonging to this regiment. No SF from either side took place in this exercise.

I suppose it's a good thing if infantrymen are now being mistaken for SF though!

Yes , They are Ghatak Commandos of the Army's 99 Mountain Brigade , But The thread dosent deal With Special Forces Alone, Looking at the Title I guess.....

the indian company MKU a private firm makes great ballistic helmets used by even police units in the US and they export to over 40 countries
I heard about this company once, but after checking out their website, i could only say : What the hell our govt. is doing. We should place the order instantly...
Just for once, these people in MOD should stop thinking about corruption. It would be cheaper and i think its very good quality...

I am not sure about ghatak but all special forces in india will now operate tavor. Apart from this RR in Kashmir also uses tavor.
Now CRPF is also using tavor. An order of 10,147 tavor was given. CRPF also used it in Lalgarh.

Read this article...

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/74924-crpf-get-tavors.html

Firstly,I would not say Ghatak is a special force..they are more like very well trained Infantrymen.

Secondly,orders have been given but i dont think they have got it as of now...will take time.

Firstly,I would not say Ghatak is a special force..
Sorry, i didn't said Ghatak is a SF.

Secondly,orders have been given but i dont think they have got it as of now...will take time.
Are you talking about CRPF ??/ Then read the article first...

Are you talking about CRPF ??/ Then read the article first...

No dude..i am talking about the point you raised that 'all SF will be having Tavor'...so i replied that it will take time for all SF to have them as orders have been given.

Marcos,Garuda dont have it currently...correct me if i am wrong.

No dude..i am talking about the point you raised that 'all SF will be having Tavor'...so i replied that it will take time for all SF to have them as orders have been given.

Marcos,Garuda dont have it currently...correct me if i am wrong.

marcos got their tavors a few days back...garuds have them since 2009,the 7 para sf units got m4a1's a few months back along with other things.

marcos got their tavors a few days back...garuds have them since 2009,the 7 para sf units got m4a1's a few months back along with other things.

Not that I don't belive you but can we have some links. I know about the MARCOS getting Tavors and Galils but some extra info in 7 Para getting M4s not heard of it. Plus I'm pretty sure 7 Para are not SF right? and why would only one Para battalion get it and not the others??

Back
Top Bottom