What's new

Indian Special Forces

jamwal1.jpg

jamwal 2.jpg

if you don't mind me asking, what year are those pictures from? BTW they look awesome!

View attachment 316105

They look like SF, but with INSAS rifles ? IS this some special jungle unit i don't know ?
Commando School MHOW..The school where Ghataks are trained.

The guy with the handgun aimed at his temple is pretty smart ..

Nice bicycle helmet btwn.
If US SOF could wear skateboarding helmets then whats wrong with bicycle helmets and you know where the elbow guards and knee guards come from.

Commando School MHOW..The school where Ghataks are trained.

If US SOF could wear skateboarding helmets then whats wrong with bicycle helmets and you know where the elbow guards and knee guards come from.

Those are not really "skateboard" helmets rather military grades ones and usually were/are worn for mostly non combat purposes like Halo,HAHO,climbing,training etc..and rarely in real combat...

And in some cases for "bump protection".. Since 70s..due to their mobility/weight etc... And was replaced by MICH and other helmets... By early 2000s;

https://www.protechelmet.com/products.asp?cat=14

A Bangladeshi SWADS guy with pro tech ;

image.jpeg

Read here for more;

http://futurewarstories.blogspot.com/2012/05/fws-topics-pro-tech-helmet-and-special.html?m=1

Those are not really "skateboard" helmets rather military grades ones and usually were/are worn for mostly non combat purposes like Halo,HAHO,climbing,training etc..and rarely in real combat...

And in some cases for "bump protection".. Since 70s..due to their mobility/weight etc... And was replaced by MICH and other helmets... By early 2000s;

https://www.protechelmet.com/products.asp?cat=14

A Bangladeshi SWADS guy with pro tech ;

View attachment 316496

Read here for more;

http://futurewarstories.blogspot.com/2012/05/fws-topics-pro-tech-helmet-and-special.html?m=1

I am talking about the first generation helmets..they picked up skateboarding helmets and rightly so becuase the BP helmets hardly had any protection when slithering which the operators thought is more risky than direct fire.

Last edited:
I am talking about the first generation helmets..they picked up skateboarding helmets and rightly so becuase the BP helmets hardly had any protection when slithering which the operators thought is more risky then direct fire.
These were the first generation helmets ... And we're worn because the ballistic ones were bulky and in other cases also hindered the sight of operators .. Those issues were handled with the arrival of helmets like MICH,FAST or ACH..

Now these are almost done or only (exceptional cases) used in training ex.

Jihadis !

The gear is similar to RR even the Patka.

13626441_577440565756894_4402468815588452859_n.jpg

This kid turn terrorist was gunned down few months back. Used to take selfie with his Klash

11141191_467425503432558_2966226758022180047_n.jpg

Jihadis !

The gear is similar to RR even the Patka.

View attachment 316501

This kid turn terrorist was gunned down few months back. Used to take selfie with his Klash

View attachment 316500

Like they say..when in doubt look at the shoes.

When i see such pictures of rebels with govt equipment the only thing i feel is they would have killed someone to get these equipments and then people like Omar say that this guy was not involved in terrorism incidents.

Its high time the Army bans local shops from selling Army camo..it should be exclusively in the hands of Army.

These were the first generation helmets ... And we're worn because the ballistic ones were bulky and in other cases also hindered the sight of operators .. Those issues were handled with the arrival of helmets like MICH,FAST or ACH..

Now these are almost done or only (exceptional cases) used in training ex.

I know buddy this is what i said.Our SF operators are using them in training exercises too for slithering as the other helmet is bulky and will make your head look like a watermelon thrown from the 5th floor if a slithering accident happens.

We are inducting FAST helmets but the pace is slow.

Last edited:
@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR bloody good to have you back brother!

Thanks brother...i had my eyes on you from the outside.

Good to be back..like it or hate it you cannot live without PDF.

A lot of things going on with regard to the Indian SF..a lot of new camo..shoes..helmets.Next 3 years look like fun for us.

Thanks brother...i had my eyes on you from the outside.
I hope I did you proud in that case :P

Good to be back..like it or hate it you cannot live without PDF.
Haha, too true.

A lot of things going on with regard to the Indian SF..a lot of new camo..shoes..helmets.Next 3 years look like fun for us.
I think the Indian SF are being given more focus than ever so I don't doubt it. That said, I'm still waiting for the SOCOM to be offcially rasied (I am led to beleive it has unoffcially been raised in part) with its own dedicated budget and autonomy. THAT will be the true catalyst for rapid change within the Indian SF.

I hope I did you proud in that case :P

Haha, too true.

I think the Indian SF are being given more focus than ever so I don't doubt it. That said, I'm still waiting for the SOCOM to be offcially rasied (I am led to beleive it has unoffcially been raised in part) with its own dedicated budget and autonomy. THAT will be the true catalyst for rapid change within the Indian SF.
Ya the boys are getting a lot of good stuff.These pics you see here everyday with young operators acting crazy in front of the camera are from their instagram accounts.I stumbled upon one such account and by god they have some good stuff man.

Back
Top Bottom