What's new

Indian Special Forces

1910131_10153533677938071_1943811073324485799_n.jpg

922867_10153533678103071_6164966191791903084_n.jpg

10390235_10153533678448071_1517670751258873825_n.jpg

@noksss could you give the link to this video please bro?

+That Sherpa is such a beast @Vauban

After some quick research,i found that a dozen of these vehicles were delivered to the Indian special forces.
-
The negotiations lasted at least 5 years ! The Indians were seeking vehicles that would perfectly respond to their needs.

FOB – Forces Operations BlogSherpa Light pour les forces spéciales indiennes - FOB - Forces Operations Blog
-
If you have more pictures of this vehicle in Indian's hands,feel free to post them !!

After some quick research,i found that a dozen of these vehicles were delivered to the Indian special forces.
-
The negotiations lasted at least 5 years ! The Indians were seeking vehicles that would perfectly respond to their needs.

FOB – Forces Operations BlogSherpa Light pour les forces spéciales indiennes - FOB - Forces Operations Blog
-
If you have more pictures of this vehicle in Indian's hands,feel free to post them !!
That information is a little outdated IMHO, the dozen they are talking about relates to orders from the NSG whilst the SPG (the unit that protects the Prime Minister) has also made an order for these vehicles recently for their Counter Assualt Teams (CAT) that were delivered in 2014 I beleive. Addtionally now the NSG has had its budget increased subsantially and they are de-centralised to local "hubs" I think there will likely be more orders placed by the NSG especially considering recent global events.

The 5 year figure seems to be from the time the NSG first showed interest in the Sherpa to the time they placed orders, I doubt negotiations lasted that long- this isn't the MMRCA ;)

+Got to respect Renault's discretion in this matter

I was under the impression that only 21 Para SF was operating in North-East. I was wrong !! There are other units operating too.

I was under the impression that only 21 Para SF was operating in North-East. I was wrong !! There are other units operating too.
21 PARA (SF) have their battalion HQ in the NE like 9 PARA (SF) have their's in JK but both Btns are joined by other SF teams from other Btns who rotate through both areas (NE and JK).

21 PARA (SF) have their battalion HQ in the NE like 9 PARA (SF) have their's in JK but both Btns are joined by other SF teams from other Btns who rotate through both areas (NE and JK).
I think even 11 Para SF has their Battalion HQ in NE, besides 21 Para SF.

Back
Top Bottom