What's new

Indian Special Forces

there are only 500 tavor(?) with marcos. so they have to depend on AK-103...what makes me wonder is why don't they use FN-SCAR? SG already uses it.
They have more than 500 now of course, 500 was simply the size of the first batch delivered to the unit.

there are only 500 tavor(?) with marcos. so they have to depend on AK-103...what makes me wonder is why don't they use FN-SCAR? SG already uses it.
+ the FN SCAR would be a decent replacement for their AKs as their 7.62mm chambered rifle.

They have more than 500 now of course, 500 was simply the size of the first batch delivered to the unit.
may be, but not sure. 500 was the total tavor ordered in 2010.

+ the FN SCAR would be a decent replacement for their AKs as their 7.62mm chambered rifle.

yes, SCAR is a good weapon. it is used by SEALS too. SCAR is better than HK - 416.

may be, but not sure. 500 was the total tavor ordered in 2010.
500 was the number of the first batch, more have subsequently been delivered don't worry about that. The Tavor is in use with other Navy units other than the MARCOs additionally but you've not heard news of that either.

When the Punjab police are inducting the X-95 don't worry about the MARCOs ;)

When the Punjab police are inducting the X-95 don't worry about the MARCOs ;)

bro, do you know that mizoram police have more M4 rifles than our army SF!!! mumbai police get hybrid weapon sight before our SF have it. training center of 250 strong Andhra pradesh's anti-terror force "Octopus" is larger and more sophisticated(technologically advance) than our army Special forces training school in nahan.

Would a undercover SF operator carry Tavor or AK in Kashmir?..and this is why they are carrying AK otherwise everyone prefers the Tavor.

bro, do you know that mizoram police have more M4 rifles than our army SF!!! mumbai police get hybrid weapon sight before our SF have it. training center of 250 strong Andhra pradesh's anti-terror force "Octopus" is larger and more sophisticated(technologically advance) than our army Special forces training school in nahan.
Mizoram police has M4 and M16 thanks to the insurgents using them in large numbers.

Mumbai Police have a free hand on buying weapon and have raised a poorly trained force ie Force 1.I happened to see their CQB drill and i am happy we have NSG in Mumbai coz these guys have no idea what they are doing.I dont know what they learnt from the Israelis.Delhi SWAT does better CQB drillls and they got trained by NSG.

Lastly,the NSG has the most hi tech training module.IA SF relies on realistic drills in Nahan.I dont think Octopus infra would beat that.

Overall,SPG has the best infra hands down.

training center of 250 strong Andhra pradesh's anti-terror force "Octopus" is larger and more sophisticated(technologically advance) than our army Special forces training school in nahan
Nope, I don't buy this for a second, Nahan is an incredible school and advanced enough.

Mizoram police has M4 and M16 thanks to the insurgents using them in large numbers.
Actually bro they have been buying their own brand spanking new M4s also.
Mumbai Police have a free hand on buying weapon and have raised a poorly trained force ie Force 1.I
Maharashtra police raised Force One, maybe you witnessed the Mumbai Police's QRT members? AFAIK Force One are well trained but not amazingly equipped.
Delhi SWAT does better CQB drillls and they got trained by NSG.
A shame their gear is so pathetic.

Overall,SPG has the best infra hands down.

For the job they have they are the best equipped and trained force in India bar none. This is a direct result of not just their professionalism (every elite unit in India has that) but that they have the highest budget USD per man of any force in India - and it shows. Once the budgets for the other units increase we will see the fruits....

IA SF relies on realistic drills in Nahan.I dont think Octopus infra would beat that.

the QCB training(kill house) in nahan is stuck in 20th century. there is not aggressive driving training in nahan. there is no long range shooting ranges, there is no real time video recording on the training of SF to analysis their training. there is no urban warfare training center in nahan, there is no cutting edge equipment training in nahan..till 2013(i don;t know if they upgrade their gadgets after 2013) our army SF use the civilian version of NVG and laser pointers.

Nope, I don't buy this for a second, Nahan is an incredible school and advanced enough
no bro, nahan is not that advance training school. that school is built in 1987 as a temporary location. army is in the process of accuring a 1500 acres of land as a permanent location.

the QCB training(kill house) in nahan is stuck in 20th century. there is not aggressive driving training in nahan. there is no long range shooting ranges, there is no real time video recording on the training of SF to analysis their training. there is no urban warfare training center in nahan, there is no cutting edge equipment training in nahan..till 2013(i don;t know if they upgrade their gadgets after 2013)
This is all based on that NDTV documentary right?

There is a hell of a lot they didn't show and I know for a fact just how advanced the army's SF training is these days.

civilian version of NVG
It is that there are equipment deficiencies with the operators but they should be addressed soon.

laser pointers.
Laser pointers? The Army SF use the Meprolight MOR (for M4s) and MARS RDS which have both visible and IR lasers and are amongst the most advanced sights on the market. They are hardly just "laser pointers".

(they also use the AN/PEQ-15 visible laser and IR designators for their M4s without the MOR sight)

no bro, nahan is not that advance training school. that school is built in 1987 as a temporary location. army is in the process of accuring a 1500 acres of land as a permanent location.

Temporary or not this school has had to keep up with contemporary trends.

This is all based on that NDTV documentary right?

There is a hell of a lot they didn't show and I know for a fact just how advanced the army's SF training is these days.

no, when i watch that documentary i though they were trying to kept the type of equipment as a secret, but a year later a SF soldier told me about the civilian version of equipment.
It is that there are equipment deficiencies with the operators but they should be addressed soon.
we are decades behind western SF.
Laser pointers? The Army SF use the Meprolight MOR (for M4s) and MARS RDS which have both visible and IR lasers and are amongst the most advanced sights on the market. They are hardly just "laser pointers".

(they also use the AN/PEQ-15 visible laser and IR designators for their M4s without the MOR sight)

are you sure it is AN/PEQ-15?? AFAIK they use an/peq-2,

no, when i watch that documentary i though they were trying to kept the type of equipment as a secret, but a year later a SF soldier told me about the civilian version of equipment.

we are decades behind western SF.

are you sure it is AN/PEQ-15?? AFAIK they use an/peq-2,
You are underestimating the training of Indian SF.I saw a video on youtube where US SF operator was praising the capabilities of Indian SF instructors.The drill and all are carefully designed and US SF instructors are regular to Nahan.

I have seen CQB simulators 8 years ago used by Para (non SF) so it will be a safe guess to assume that in 2015 the infra will be much better.

Which equipment does the western SF have which puts us decades behind??

Lastly,without disclosing much i would like to share that Nahan is not the primary SF school as on 2015.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom