What's new

Indian Special Forces

our special forces are like US conventional forces. .need to improve alot!!

looks similar... what you guys think??
8d2e9f53ab2c0f29d47e327215b27aa5-jpg.118847
This pic is from a airsoft forum not an indian product nor any different from the average mass produced AK ... Except for the front hand grip of the rail..

What about the 2015 kit??
On the modernisation front was pretty solid showing- good kit for all operators (optics on weapons, personal radios, new helmets, gloves, knee pads etc), also shown was the ROV for EOD, communications vest for sniffer dogs, micro-UAVs (Netra) a new generation TCV (Total Containment Vehicle) so looks like the NSG's 2010-2015 upgrade plan is coming along nicely indeed. Naturally not every aspect of this upgrade was demonstrated nor could it be.

On the modernisation front was pretty solid showing- good kit for all operators (optics on weapons, personal radios, new helmets, gloves, knee pads etc), also shown was the ROV for EOD, communications vest for sniffer dogs, micro-UAVs (Netra) a new generation TCV (Total Containment Vehicle) so looks like the NSG's 2010-2015 upgrade plan is coming along nicely indeed. Naturally not every aspect of this upgrade was demonstrated nor could it be.

Whats left now?

Some screenshots of the 30th Raising day demos:

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco1_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco3_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco4_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco6_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco8_1280.png

(that attack dog was VICIOUS!!)

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco5_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco7_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco9_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco10_1280.png

tumblr_ndjn4fAU1v1tjfjuco2_1280.png

(brand-spanking new TCV)

Not much at all, off the top of my head it would be body-worn cameras transmitting back to commanders (will be in service very shortly).

What about ballistic shields,portable radars for scanning walls,corner shots (are they in use),fast helmets,Better nvg?

And i am not even talking about state of the art stuff like helmet mounted radars for scanning walls,top of the line gear,fuel cells and body sensors.

What about ballistic shields,portable radars for scanning walls,corner shots (are they in use),fast helmets,Better nvg?
Like I said bro, it is impossible to showcase everything in their arsenal. They have the shields, wall-scanning radars (as do PARA (SF) and CornerShots though I know that for sure.

As for FAST helmets, maybe later but that was never part of this 2010-15 upgrade and they have received new non-FAST helmets under this program.

Like I said bro, it is impossible to showcase everything in their arsenal. They have the shields, wall-scanning radars (as do PARA (SF) and CornerShots though I know that for sure.

As for FAST helmets, maybe later but that was never part of this 2010-15 upgrade and they have received new non-FAST helmets under this program.
They dont have ballistic sheilds.

Okay..i got the time to watch the lengthy video now only.Here are some important points:-

*DG NSG asks media to not do any publicity of NSG.

*Minister announces increase of budget for weapons,ammo,clothing and gear 4 times to 325,000$ each.

Now this is a great news since some more NSG hubs are coming up and we will get to see some good gear in future.

Apart from this the skills the commando showed in urban obstacle clearence and Martial arts is commendable.

With the budget increase of 4 times and expert training being given of even small but important things i see NSG among the most elite units of the world in next 5 years.

Okay..i got the time to watch the lengthy video now only.Here are some important points:-

*DG NSG asks media to not do any publicity of NSG.

*Minister announces increase of budget for weapons,ammo,clothing and gear 4 times to 325,000$ each.

Now this is a great news since some more NSG hubs are coming up and we will get to see some good gear in future.

Apart from this the skills the commando showed in urban obstacle clearence and Martial arts is commendable.

With the budget increase of 4 times and expert training being given of even small but important things i see NSG among the most elite units of the world in next 5 years.

Yeah, thats very very good news indeed! The improvements with their current budget has already been impressive, just imagine what they can do with 4 times that amount !

But I dont understand why/how he wants less publicity if they organize such public mass events and shows at the same time .....

Back
Top Bottom