What's new

Indian Special Forces

Ah good mate, I was going to have a mini rant at you if you had said yes ;), I'm glad we're on the same page about them (the Garuds). Well let the CoBRAs do what they want I guess, they do deliver and they work hard, they aren't SF's though- as we've both separately pointed out. The CRPF's SOPs on sharing media of their units is obviously far more lenient than the Indian Mil's where there is an effective ban on all of it- you can get into some DEEP,DEEP brown stuff for even posing in your uniform in pics that make their way onto social media sights. I have heard this first hand.

Wrt SG, I think you're not far off. What I would say is that SG work directly for RAW so their operations are very much intelligence led and are more strategic than perhaps the PARA (SF) working in JK who act as the "heavy guns" in the valley i.e. swooping in and acting as QRTs. I'd say SG are a mix between the CIA's SAD and the US Army's Delta. I have heard it for a fact that SG are on the ground in various countries in the region working on certain activities- if you ever hear of a terrorist just being dumped/presented at an Indian border then it will be SG doing this work, it doesn't just magically happen.

I couldn't comment on whether they were working in Afghanistan, I have no doubt RAW is present in Jalalbad- no doubt whatsoever. But I don't know what SG could be doing their because they aren't handlers of assets, they are simply "shooters"- RAW has their own handlers.

1st question:) What is SG?

2nd) Do you think that RAW even has the required capabilities to use Human intelligence in foreign countries.The articles that come out in the media are very critical and really shows how lethargic and underfunded RAW is.

1st question:) What is SG?

2nd) Do you think that RAW even has the required capabilities to use Human intelligence in foreign countries.The articles that come out in the media are very critical and really shows how lethargic and underfunded RAW is.

You will be surprised to know what all the RAW has achieved pre IK Gujral tenure.

1545547_404257473054100_447718935_n.jpg
republicday7_sl_230114.jpg

what is SG?

SG or Special Group was initially formed from the Special Frontier Force and now also includes volunteers from regular army units, they are practically special forces of R&AW.
More or less they are like; what the Special Activities Division(SAD) is to CIA, SG is to R&AW.

But i have not read any valid new about the existence of SG. Even Wikipedia doesnt have much of it. So how are you guys knowing about it? Can i have some to-read things?

But i have not read any valid new about the existence of SG. Even Wikipedia doesnt have much of it. So how are you guys knowing about it? Can i have some to-read things?

SG do exist.
Search for Special Group - The Mavericks or just Special Group.

Late Major Udai Singh SC SM, was one such known SF and SG op.
58860816.jpg

http://majorudaisingh.com/biography.htm

Last edited:
SG or Special Group was initially formed from the Special Frontier Force and now also includes volunteers from regular army units, they are practically special forces of R&AW.
More or less they are like; what the Special Activities Division(SAD) is to CIA, SG is to R&AW.
Well it's true SG is a part of the SFF however it is made up ENTIRELY of IA SF and a few SFs from the IN, SG has NO regular IA in it except in support roles.

SG do exist.
Search for Special Group - The Mavericks or just Special Group.

Late Major Udai Singh SC SM, was one such known SF and SG op.
Biography
Post this:

58860816.jpg

Get rid of that @bloo.

Well it's true SG is a part of the SFF however it is made up ENTIRELY of IA SF and a few SFs from the IN, SG has NO regular IA in it except in support roles.

Post this:

58860816.jpg

Get rid of that @bloo.

I know, I was just giving him a brief summary.

Done.
Though I doubt that matters, they have boldly posted it in front of God and everyone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom