What's new

Indian Special Forces

lol mistake, sorry. It should be bull-pup!

I don't like that uniform color, some kinda militia type. When they have some excellent weapons, its the color of the unifomr is disappointing Israel should change this.

Yeah, I meant I like bull-pups. :D

I don't like their uniform colour either but it's not just a random colour they picked. I'm sure there's some science behind it. They usually have to carry out operations in urban areas and deserts out there so I guess the murky green colour fits both purposes.

I had few pics, will search them and post.

I think MARCOS for anti-piracy and anti-terrorist operations are quite different from the one for special forces operations like covert operations behind the enemy line etc.

Yes they are...

They dont have one singlar outfit.

Picture31.jpg

Picture21.jpg

Photo-3.jpg

Picture11.jpg

6-782660.jpg

vksl0809-767299.jpg

indian_navy_marcos.jpg

I must say wow. Pakistani SF are looks like one of the best equipped special forces in the world, they should just change their gun, but still they are better equipped than our special forces.

emotions and patriotism aside SSG is a very good SF unit,they have to be SF are strategic assets our leaders understood it after 26/11
I don't think they understood the importance of SF still. If they would have, then by now all our SF should be equipped well by now, but they only got the guns till now. They should get everything just like any other special force in the world. I even doubt they have proper bullet proof jackets, helmets, night vision goggles, proper communication equipments etc. but they are sent to fight in situations were all these things are needed. Its really sad the life of our soldiers is still of no importance to these bloody politicians. Unless or until armed forces are included in the government just like in other countries, our forces will continue to work in poor conditions.

Where's the eye protection, gas mask, communication devices (maybe not necessary)? The MP5 is a good gun but the Micro Tavor is better and IMO that's what they should be using. Also I don't see holographic sights mounted on all their guns.
Yeah they need these accessories because they work in very hostile environment.

I also think they should at least stick to a single uniform, not even marcos, but garud and para commandos are also seen wearing different uniforms sometimes.

I must say wow. Pakistani SF are looks like one of the best equipped special forces in the world, they should just change their gun, but still they are better equipped than our special forces.

They are better equipped then Indian SFs so far, but I wish India's SF were western standards.

A-2.jpg

1252916920.jpg

Seriously this isnt that far away, If India wanted I sure it can arm its special forces at least like this.

Philippines-Special-Forces.jpg

I mean we are not trying to pull this off.

images

Yes they are...

They dont have one singlar outfit.

All of this are anti-piracy or anti-terror operation, I was talking about covert operations like attacking on enemy shore but they don't release pics of such forces.

indra-5.jpg

I have seen, but that helmet is completely new to India. And I havent seen any other pics or video other then that Indo-Russia exercise..

They are NSG not army/navy/air force special forces.

Special forces, or Special Operations forces are terms used to describe elite military, police, or civilian paramilitary tactical teams trained to perform one or more of the following missions: Special Reconnaissance, Direct Action, Foreign internal defense, Unconventional warfare, or Counter-terrorism, although additional missions like humanitarian aid or counter-drug operations may be performed. They are suited to operating against informally structured, irregular and asymmetric forces and capable of operating independently, or in direct support of either conventional military forces or other government departmental requirements. They are high value assets, commanded at the strategic level that deliver effects disproportionately to their size.

I sure NSG fall under special forces of India.

All of this are anti-piracy or anti-terror operation, I was talking about covert operations like attacking on enemy shore but they don't release pics of such forces.

marcos.jpg

25fu3yd.jpg

1zxlk4w.jpg

9gzdp2.jpg

MarineCommandoes.jpg

2658709574_d96c9577aa.jpg

2658709340_6a93f59462.jpg

I have seen, but that helmet is completely new to India. And I havent seen any other pics or video other then that Indo-Russia exercise..

You and me haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't have. Now what makes them better equipped? helmet over!

The thing with our special forces is that first of all there's so many of them and secondly some of them are well equipped and some of them aren't so well equipped. Same goes for the army. I wish they would hurry up with the modernisation! Have to wait till 2020 for F-INSAS. :angry:

I sure NSG fall under special forces of India.

NSG is not related to armed forces special unit like those of IA, IAF or IN, though there are some recruits. They are mainly for civilian purposes like anti terrorist operation, security etc not to fight war.

thats what I am saying MARCOS is one of the most secretive of the armed forces special units they don't reveal the weapons and systems they have. not even number. Look at the pics posted by 'Indian Army' sir.

Back
Top Bottom