What's new

Indian Space Capabilities

The other type is the poled or 'rod' design.

You can see that design here...

Russian / PLA Low Band Surveillance Radar Systems (Counter Low Observable Technology Radars)

To be 'solid state' mean you make those transmitters smaller and smaller on a silicon foundation.

What's with the Nebo SVU radar being termed as a solid state system?

"The Nebo SVU departs from the Nebo SV in many respects. It is a solid state phased array with electronic beamsteering in azimuth and elevation, it is considerably more accurate, it has much better mobility, and incorporates a wide range of improvements. It retains the VHF element design, but uses vertical polarisation."

NNIIRT-NEBO-SVU-RLS-1S.jpg

Above:- poled AESA radar. @he-man

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything done in house by ISRO.

seriously!!

pls provide a link and make me happy for drdo at least once:cheers:

ISRO has a chip foundry? :cheesy:

Yeh kab ho gaya?

na bhai,,,bahar ka maal hoga pakka

and remember the risat launched by israel 5 years ago in 2008 has SAR resolution of 1 m

The one launched by us later on has a resolution of 2-10m

Makes sense. But then the US has been using something akin to polyalphaolefin (PAO) as a radar coolant, yes?
PAO is basically good for liquid cooling of any small structures but high density array of said small structures. We in semiconductor have some uses for it in certain test equipment. In reliability testing, we basically inject/erase data until we literally physically fail the silicon structure, as in punching physical atomic scale holes in a transistor or capacitor. All the while, we collect data on how goes the degradation of the structure from being fully functional to being completely dead. Certain test platform does it in real time and that hardware do generate a lot of heat and PAO is used precisely because of its heat absorbent quality that minimize the quantity required. I never had personal experience with it myself but I have worked with those who do.

Everything done in house by ISRO.

Yeh kab ho gaya?

ISRO/ BEL have foundries of old tech to manufacture chip with approx. 130~250 nM. Not sure if they have upgraded these to today&#8217;s tech with <19 nM.

But that is not necessary for their application at least for next decade.

Yeh kab ho gaya?

this ..?:undecided:

DRDO has successfully developed 12 GHz MMIC technology, an ion implanted technology which uses MESFETs as active devices and spiral inductors, nitride and polyamide capacitors, transmission lines and implanted resistors as passive components. The gate length, which primarily governs the operating frequency, is 0.7 m. The ohmic and gate metallisation are Au/Ge/Ni and Ti/Pt/Au, respectively. A third layer of metallisation is used for interconnection of both active and passive devices. Silicon nitride is used for final passivation. Two types of MESFETs have been developed for amplifier and switching applications.

The important steps in the MMIC technology developed are: (i) process simulation and optimisation, (ii) modelling of active and passive components and integrated circuits, (iii) design and layout of active and passive components, (iv) process integration, and (v) DC and RF charcterisation.

The technology has been successfully implemented by fabricating MESFETs with a cutoff frequency of 18 GHz. Apart from the DRDO, the other potential users of these MMICs are institutions like, CSIR and ISRO. Besides, the commercial sector also has a bulk requirement of MMICs for DBS, mobile phones, etc.

It is for the first time in the country that an MMIC technology based on GaAs has been indigenously developed and is undergoing production in the country. It is a definite step forward in attaining DRDO’s aim of increasing self-reliance in this strategic area.

self

What's with the Nebo SVU radar being termed as a solid state system?

"The Nebo SVU departs from the Nebo SV in many respects. It is a solid state phased array with electronic beamsteering in azimuth and elevation, it is considerably more accurate, it has much better mobility, and incorporates a wide range of improvements. It retains the VHF element design, but uses vertical polarisation."

NNIIRT-NEBO-SVU-RLS-1S.jpg

Above:- poled AESA radar. @he-man
No idea. The problem is that the phrase 'solid state' have been broadly used and meant to include computers and everything else made small enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know yet what wavelength this radar operates in, but it certainly appears to be tracking
targets in the air (obviously).

If I still remember some maths, 50cm x 50cm makes for an object that is 0.5 square meters in size, are the figures concerning
detection range or tracking range?

The radar appears to be for space applications, which means it has to be able to track it's targets as
early as possible after detection is achieved.
i think it will be.25 m2 and not .5 m2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom