r3gTjEe.jpg

PB3p5nX.jpg

Another AK with OFB modern furniture for older AKs

YPPGcc1.jpg

Amogh - Micro INSAS

Last edited:
Looks like they are desperately trying to limit the flash
But I think they should refine the design

And recoil, it's not a finished product by any means. They said the recoil shouldnt be an issue now due to the new muzzle. For the caliber it wasnt that much to begin with.

And recoil, it's not a finished product by any means. They said the recoil shouldnt be an issue now due to the new muzzle. For the caliber it wasnt that much to begin with.
Yeah rifle in this caliber is bound to have tremendous kick ,unless they design a recoil reducing system like kriss vector sub machine gun but that too will add weight to the design,
I think this muzzle will be marginally successful ,
They should take design features from SCAR H ,and hk 417

On a second note don't you think they should have gone for a 7.62 version of the MCIWS?
I mean they could have easily added one more caliber to the design,

GR8z2IX.jpg

7.62x51 AR

This muzzle break is crazy

Maybe integrated flash suppressor too?
Looks like they are desperately trying to limit the flash
But I think they should refine the design

I was gonna say integrated flash hider, but it doesnt look quite right for that. @jhungary

They said the recoil shouldnt be an issue now due to the new muzzle. For the caliber it wasnt that much to begin with.

They probably just gassed the system up pretty high (i.e run the ammo as "hot" as you can) to test the worst case scenarios the best you can...so yeah a solid chunky muzzle brake would help with that.

On a second note don't you think they should have gone for a 7.62 version of the MCIWS?
I mean they could have easily added one more caliber to the design,

Yeah, I dont know what they're doing with it tho. MCIWS/AAR is a DRDO program, not OFB. DRDO should work with private sector for that, if they havent completely dumped it by now.

Maybe, but I am the wrong person to ask.

I was gonna say integrated flash hider, but it doesnt look quite right for that. @jhungary

They probably just gassed the system up pretty high (i.e run the ammo as "hot" as you can) to test the worst case scenarios the best you can...so yeah a solid chunky muzzle brake would help with that.

Looked like a normal muzzle break to me, if it is a flash hider, you will see the hole are probably bigger on the break, which allow gas to dissipate more rapidly.

I was gonna say integrated flash hider, but it doesnt look quite right for that.
Oh yeah it's quite weird , I have never seen a flash hider like this
Remember the micro insas? They tried something with that too!

Yeah, I dont know what they're doing with it tho. MCIWS/AAR is a DRDO program, not OFB. DRDO should work with private sector for that, if they havent completely dumped it by now.
Hopefully MCIWS will see service in the paramilitary forces,(we can only hope )
I am sure they will do the same to MCIWS what they did to msmc it's introduction is ten years late
Yeah I believe the production should be done by private industry ,they can ensure quality and consistency

Back
Top Bottom