What's new

Indian Sikhs Seek a Ban on Sikh Jokes

Never heard of a Sikh joke before.

In Hong Kong, Sikhs are regarded as very good bodyguards (along with Gurkhas). Rich Chinese businessmen like to have a lot of these bodyguards.

The opposite of America where they are regularly attacked due to their turbans. Even though it's blatantly obvious that a Sikh turban is different from a Muslim one.
There are so many Singh jokes in Malaysia.

What do you call a small Singh?
A Singlet.
What do you call a Singh that likes to drink SoyaBean milk?
Yeo Hiap Seng (famous Soya bean milk brand)
What do you call a Singh that drown when his boat sink?
Karam Singh (karam is Malay for boat sinking and also very common Sikh name)
What do you call the only Singh left on earth?
Justone Singh (another common sikh name)
What do you call a confused Singh?
Kepala pusing (Malay for head spining)

Ha ha ha

Hmm that's interesting, is there any specific reason why these two groups are often joked about in the subcontinent? Or just bad luck? :P
Muslims from Central Asia made these Sikh jokes.Because the Sikhs would do Guerilla type attacks on Muslims who were going back with loot(money,women and slaves just what ISIS is doing now).They gave these marauders sleepless nights and attack in the night because they knew the Muslims would be dead drunk or too drugged in the night after their celebrations and partying.So from there comes the sikh jokes.
They say "Baara baj gaye Sardaar ji aa jaayenge"( it means 12.o clock has passed in night, this is the time the Sikhs will attack) They would torture these Invaders without sleep to be ever vigilant.
Pathans are nowhere in this thing, the poster is somehow trying to create a link between pathans and Sikhs, because he thinks they are martial.
When Sikhism was founded ,he recruited 5 Hindus as his prime disciples.One of those disciples happen to be from South IndIan, AP.
So i dont understand the Pathan chest beating as some martial group, born to fight,which many Pakistanis do here or invoke.They definitely dont amuse us, maybe it might amuse outsiders like you etc..

Muslims from Central Asia made these Sikh jokes.Because the Sikhs would do Guerilla type attacks on Muslims who were going back with loot(money,women and slaves just what ISIS is doing now).They gave these marauders sleepless nights and attack in the night because they knew the Muslims would be dead drunk or too drugged in the night after their celebrations and partying.So from there comes the sikh jokes.
They say "Baara baj gaye Sardaar ji aa jaayenge"( it means 12.o clock has passed in night, this is the time the Sikhs will attack) They would torture these Invaders without sleep to be ever vigilant.
Pathans are nowhere in this thing, the poster is somehow trying to create a link between pathans and Sikhs, because he thinks they are martial.
When Sikhism was founded ,he recruited 5 Hindus as his prime disciples.One of those disciples happen to be from South IndIan, AP.
So i dont understand the Pathan chest beating as some martial group, born to fight,which many Pakistanis do here or invoke.They definitely dont amuse us, maybe it might amuse outsiders like you etc..

You know how his type think....trying to divide and conquer us and create some kind of BS commonality for friendship. The same ol BS they try with Bangladeshi's but there f-------s just don't get it. People see thru the BS.

Next time when talking about my post at least have the decency to tag me. So you are claiming there are no Pathan jokes in India as there are Sikh jokes? Is it not something that both Pathans and Sikh communities have in common? Why are Sikh jokes still common in India? Is that Pakistan's fault too?

You know how his type think....trying to divide and conquer us and create some kind of BS commonality for friendship.....
Genius ... How did you arrive at this conclusion from my post?

Next time when talking about my post at least have the decency to tag me. So you are claiming there are no Pathan jokes in India as there are Sikh jokes? Is it not something that both Pathans and Sikh communities have in common? Why are Sikh jokes still common in India? Is that Pakistan's fault too?
No we dont have any pathan jokes in India,never heard one,maybe they joke about pathans in Pakistan but not here simply because we are indifferent .

No we dont have any pathan jokes in India,never heard one,maybe they joke about pathans in Pakistan but not here simply because we are indifferent .

I don't know which part of India your are from. You need to go out more. I have personally heard Pathan jokes from Indians themselves.

By the way I am pretty sure you forgot the time when Sanjay Manjrekar was commenting along with Ramiz Raja in a game between India and Pakistan. Shahid Afridi was was facing Irfan Pathan. Manjrekar commented "It is Pathan vs Pathan". Raja burst out laughing. What did he mean by that?

I don't know which part of India your are from. You need to go out more. I have personally heard Pathan jokes from Indians themselves.

By the way I am pretty sure you forgot the time when Sanjay Manjrekar was commenting along with Ramiz Raja in a game between India and Pakistan. Shahid Afridi was was facing Irfan Pathan. Manjrekar commented "It is Pathan vs Pathan". Raja burst out laughing. What did he mean by that?
I am from Soutth India and yes i traveled all over India and have many friends from different parts of the country,but never heard a Pathan joke.Ramiz raja burst out laughing because he was used to laughing to that jokes,normal Indian wont even get or laugh at Pathan jokes, because they dont know whats so funny about them.

Indian wont even get or laugh at Pathan jokes

So the Indians I have been hanging out with and laugh out loud on Pathan jokes are fake Indians? So this is a new test to check ones Indianess. Tell him a Pathan joke if he laughs his Indianess is questionable.

So the Indians I have been hanging out with and laugh out loud on Pathan jokes are fake Indians? So this is a new test to check ones Indianess. Tell him a Pathan joke if he laughs his Indianess is questionable.
You are somehow trying make us say"Yes, we do pathan jokes in India,too". No we don't,nor do we get what's so funny about them.Those Indians must have been mingling a lot with Pakistanis so they developed your sense of humor.But for the rest of Indians in India,we don't find pathan jokes funny,cos they don't get it in the first place..

You are somehow trying make us say"Yes, we do pathan jokes in India,too". No we don't,nor do we get what's so funny about them.Those Indians must have been mingling a lot with Pakistanis so they developed your sense of humor.

I now understand your confusion. You said you were from South india. Not sure how good your Hindi is if you speak it at all. Those jokes may not have been translated in Telugu, Tamil or Malayalam.

But for the rest of Indians in India,we don't find pathan jokes funny,cos they don't get it in the first place..
Now you are telling me besides being mocked for their intelligence you don't know what Pathans are being mocked for. And no the Sikhs are not mocked for that particular trait. Either you are truly ignorant or concealing it well. Have I refreshed your memory yet? Many posts mocking pathans for that trait on PDF have been made on this forum by Indians.

I now understand your confusion. You said you were from South india. Not sure how good your Hindi is if you speak it at all. Those jokes may not have been translated in Telugu, Tamil or Malayalam.

Now you are telling me besides being mocked for their intelligence you don't know what Pathans are being mocked for. And no the Sikhs are not mocked for that particular trait. Either you are truly ignorant or concealing it well. Have I refreshed your memory yet? Many posts mocking pathans for that trait on PDF have been made on this forum by Indians.
I am perfect in my hindi,infact even some hindi speakers say i speak unadulterated hindi.I know very well what these jokes are,but most Indians fail to get it.
The biggest joke made on sardars is "barah baj gaye and sardar will go crazy that time" it comes from the Mughal invader times when sardars used to attack the camps of Invaders at night.
Pakistanis might find it funny mocking pathans for their intelligence,but Indians dont.

I am perfect in my hindi,infact even some hindi speakers say i speak unadulterated hindi.I know very well what these jokes are,but most Indians fail to get it.
The biggest joke made on sardars is "barah baj gaye and sardar will go crazy that time" it comes from the Mughal invader times when sardars used to attack the camps of Invaders at night.
Pakistanis might find it funny mocking pathans for their intelligence,but Indians dont.
हे भ्राता तनिक क्षण भर के लिए अपनी हिंदी भाषा की वाक्पटुता का प्रदर्शन करके सम्मुख समूह के संदेहों का निष्पादन करिये।

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom