What's new

Indian Scientists Successfully Intercept Ballistic Missile

I spent more time today reading stuff on this topic and have concluded that I was actually wrong yesterday. The anti missile test conducted by india yesterday was a purely shameless propaganda. Please don't cry, I am going to tell you why:

The incoming target missile was shot down on its boost stage.

okay, this is cool, isn't it? The USA and China simply can not do this. I mean india is the only nation on earth to have such capacity. For decades, scientists have concluded that you need space based weapons to hit and destroy such a ballistic missile during its boost stage. clearly no one has acquired such capacity. during its boost stage, the velocity is small, single missile, very much predictable path. I mean that is the best stage to destroy such a missile.

The problem is your enemy is always going to launch a missile thousands of kilometers away from the border, you don't have enough time to detect the launch and then fly yours to hit the incoming missile during its boost stage

So how india did it yesterday? You will never believe it: india launched the anti-ballistic missile from a site 70 kilometers away from the launch site of the target missile. This means, if China is going launch a missile from say Beijing, india's lovely anti-missile system need to be deployed a couple hundred kilometers away from Beijing to intercept it, say deploy it in Tianjin.

:yahoo:

So what india actually did?

1. assume the launch can be detected by a land based rader.
2. assume the missile is launched no more than a couple hundred kilometers away from their anti-missile system.
3. assume they have such units everywhere and in combat ready status 365/24/7.

This is basically a joke, the entire world is laughing at india.

Here comes the most interesting bit:
Now we all know it is easy to hit a missile in its boost stage and you have anti-missile systems a couple kilometers away. Let's say someone is going to be that stupid to launch it near your border to let you play with your anti-missile system, my question is why the hell they can't use another anti-missile missile to shot down your anti-missile?

You can't understand it? Fine, one simple example:

Chinese forces intentionally move their DF missiles to the launch point which is 200km away from india border, launch it, call india, say "hey, we just launched it from blah blah position. " India fights back, ant-missile system launches its crap. So two missiles are both in its boost stage, 200km away from each other, then please tell me why Chinese forces can't launch another missile to shot down your anti-missile missile?

:woot:

time to wake up, the regime intentionally made this project to fuel nationalism. they are your enemy.

Do you have any link about your claim of missiles shooting down other missile at boosting stage instead of terminal stage. I do not think that Indian military is that stupid. If it is, some heads will definitely roll. So I don't think this is the case unless you can provide the source.

I spent more time today reading stuff on this topic and have concluded that I was actually wrong yesterday. The anti missile test conducted by india yesterday was a purely shameless propaganda. Please don't cry, I am going to tell you why:

The incoming target missile was shot down on its boost stage.

okay, this is cool, isn't it? The USA and China simply can not do this. I mean india is the only nation on earth to have such capacity. For decades, scientists have concluded that you need space based weapons to hit and destroy such a ballistic missile during its boost stage. clearly no one has acquired such capacity. during its boost stage, the velocity is small, single missile, very much predictable path. I mean that is the best stage to destroy such a missile.

The problem is your enemy is always going to launch a missile thousands of kilometers away from the border, you don't have enough time to detect the launch and then fly yours to hit the incoming missile during its boost stage

So how india did it yesterday? You will never believe it: india launched the anti-ballistic missile from a site 70 kilometers away from the launch site of the target missile. This means, if China is going launch a missile from say Beijing, india's lovely anti-missile system need to be deployed a couple hundred kilometers away from Beijing to intercept it, say deploy it in Tianjin.

:yahoo:

So what india actually did?

1. assume the launch can be detected by a land based rader.
2. assume the missile is launched no more than a couple hundred kilometers away from their anti-missile system.
3. assume they have such units everywhere and in combat ready status 365/24/7.

This is basically a joke, the entire world is laughing at india.

Here comes the most interesting bit:
Now we all know it is easy to hit a missile in its boost stage and you have anti-missile systems a couple kilometers away. Let's say someone is going to be that stupid to launch it near your border to let you play with your anti-missile system, my question is why the hell they can't use another anti-missile missile to shot down your anti-missile?

You can't understand it? Fine, one simple example:

Chinese forces intentionally move their DF missiles to the launch point which is 200km away from india border, launch it, call india, say "hey, we just launched it from blah blah position. " India fights back, ant-missile system launches its crap. So two missiles are both in its boost stage, 200km away from each other, then please tell me why Chinese forces can't launch another missile to shot down your anti-missile missile?

:woot:

time to wake up, the regime intentionally made this project to fuel nationalism. they are your enemy.

:disagree: living in a dream world.

so you mean the target missile flied less than 70 kilometers, completed its boost/mid course stages, and then moved to terminal stages within 70 kilometers?

that must be alien technologies!!!
A modified prithvi was used as hostile missile.
It was launched from a distance of 70 km but get to the height of 120 Km and was intercepted when it was at the height of 16 Km only(coming downward).
So what you think, which stage it should be? If you even think its in boost stage please waste more of your time to get credible material to bash India.:argh:

A modified prithvi was used as hostile missile.
It was kaunched from a distance of 70 km but get to the height of 120 Km and was intercepted when it was at the height of 16 Km only(coming downward).
So what you think, which stage it should be? If you even think its in boost stage please waste more of your time to get credible material to bash India.:argh:

how modified? keep broadcasting its accurate position and velocity to the incoming interceptor?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

No I mean the nation that most recently joined the list of nations supporting us for a UNSC seat.

without veto power? guess what? that is not going to change your life.

Where did you read that it was shot down in boost phase..if you could have gone through the videos posted..you would have realized all missile are bring shot down in terminal phase.
Launchers were deployed 70 Km from launch site because a 350 Km range missile is mimicking the terminal pahse trajectory and speed of 2000 kM missile and hence has to achieve higher apogee(vertical height) range gets reduced.

I believe what you said here make more sense. But in order to get a real deal, the ABM operator should be told as less as possible on the attacking missle, such as the trajectory, etc.

Congrats to India for a successful test. And thanks to America for providing much technical assistance.

how modified? keep broadcasting its accurate position and velocity to the incoming interceptor?

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

without veto power?

Have you ever studied Physics?..If you have, you would know in a parabolic trajectory to achieve higher vertical range(and thereby terminal velocity) horizontal range of the projectile has to be sacrificed.

I believe what you said here make more sense. But in order to get a real deal, the ABM operator should be told as less as possible on the attacking missle, such as the trajectory, etc.

Trajectory of the said missile is calculated real time by swordfish(modified version of Israeli Green pine radars).

Back
Top Bottom