What's new

Indian Rupee dives a new record low against dollar

Just noticed,for the first time in history, 1 INR > 2 PKR

inrpkr.PNG

Just noticed,for the first time in history, 1 INR > 2 PKR

View attachment 523775
I think time to do some adventure tourism in pakistan. Their country needs foreign exchange from its rich neighbour.
Save pakistan through indian tourism.

pakistan is lucky to have a great economist imran khan as its PM. :agree:

In 100 days he has managed to make 1 INR = 2 PKR.
Their exchange has its own mind.
When all countries incl indian rupee was devaluating wrt dollar due to high oil prices, pkr was maintaining its value.
Now oil prices are down and all currencies are strenghtening , but pkr is losing value ?
Its truly a independent country.

Their exchange has its own mind.
When all countries incl indian rupee was devaluating wrt dollar due to high oil prices, pkr was maintaining its value.
Now oil prices are down and all currencies are strenghtening , but pkr is losing value ?
Its truly a independent country.

I suspect its because pakistan under imran khan has started buying chinese goods with chinese currency.

So now china has to get rid of that unwanted pakistani currency by purchasing more USD with it. The inevitable end is the depreciation of the pakistani rupee.

I suspect its because pakistan under imran khan has started buying chinese goods with chinese currency.

So now china has to get rid of that unwanted pakistani currency by purchasing more USD with it. The inevitable end is the depreciation of the pakistani rupee.
Good attempt but doesnt fly.
The state bank can just absorb excess liquidity by raising interest rates and minimum reserves and has no reason to buy dollars.
Pkr was artificially maintained for many years and now its finding its real value due to depleted reserves. No more dollars with sbp to support pkr.
Chinese currency trade is a positive actually. Only problem is their market gets flooded with chinese goods. Effects local production and employment.

Good attempt but doesnt fly.
The state bank can just absorb excess liquidity by raising interest rates and minimum reserves and has no reason to buy dollars.
Pkr was artificially maintained for many years and now its finding its real value due to depleted reserves. No more dollars with sbp to support pkr.
Chinese currency trade is a positive actually. Only problem is their market gets flooded with chinese goods. Effects local production and employment.

Why the fcuk would china hold on to worthless pakistani rupee which is guaranteed to depreciate and not get rid of it by purchasing valuable USD ?

How exactly is trade in chinese currency "positive" when they have a HUGE trade deficit with china ? Its only positive for china since it strengthens their currency. How is it 'positive' for pakistan ?

Due to withdraw of USD from market, its price rose. Most of the currencies in the world went down against USD so as INR. However, Modi got hyper active and struck swap agreement with japan and other trade agreement in local currencies. This totally reversed the trend and INR has risen RS 5 against USD in last month or so. Yo need good economist to manage your economy. When Nawaz Sharif and Sartaj Aziz were there, Pakistan used to behave like a reasonably good nation. PKR was 103.77 against USD. Since the exit of Nawaz, PKR has fallen almost Rs 40.Pakistan Awam thought that they can better substitute a Hard core politician with a play boy type cricketer.

I see this just as a beginning. Pakistan economy has entered into a phase where not even recovery but even sustenance seems difficult. Pakistan Awam hates all reasonable people who knows how some positions of responsibility can be handled. They want some idiot who can bluff like a road romeo (Like his minister did couple of days back) to suite their hollow ego. When they were hyping Imran in the time of election, I knew very well what was going to happen. Pakistan Public will pay a heavy price for Pakistani Army backed Imran as the PM.

Why the fcuk would china hold on to worthless pakistani rupee which is guaranteed to depreciate and not get rid of it by purchasing valuable USD ?

How exactly is trade in chinese currency "positive" when they have a HUGE trade deficit with china ? Its only positive for china since it strengthens their currency. How is it 'positive' for pakistan ?
Its a form of aid and help. Can be returned when they buy something from pakistan.
How pkr strenghtens chinese currebcy is beyond me since chinese currency is tied to a basket of currencies like the dollar, euro. No pkr their.

Its a form of aid and help. Can be returned when they buy something from pakistan.
How pkr strenghtens chinese currebcy is beyond me since chinese currency is tied to a basket of currencies like the dollar, euro. No pkr their.

LOL.... are you kidding me ? :lol: Why would they hang on to a depreciating currency that keeps loosing its value every month ? The aid itself can come in chinese currency like their exports.

When pakistan purchases chinese currency it automatically strengthens, that is how currency market operates. When someone sells your currency it weakens. Maybe you need to learn some basic economics before arguing your case.

BTW This is pakistani export to china. So that can explode the myth of china buying anything from pakistan.

china-imports-from-pakistan.png

And THIS is Chinese export to pakistan,

china-exports-to-pakistan.png

In other words, it can be said that Pakistan Economy has gone dwon about 30% in nominal term due to fall in PKR in last one year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom