What's new

Indian Rupee dives a new record low against dollar

$2 billion will give rupee a support for only 5 days after which it will start to fall again. This is very sad situation for India.

where do you expect INR to be against $ by end of this year ?

$2 billion will give rupee a support for only 5 days after which it will start to fall again. This is very sad situation for India.

So this means that if they spend 15-Billion, that will support the rupee for approximately 40 days. I don't think that will do too much since both internal and external pressures/factors can go on for months. This may turn out to be a very expensive exercise for RBI.

So this means that if they spend 15-Billion, that will support the rupee for approximately 40 days. I don't think that will do too much since both internal and external pressures/factors can go on for months. This may turn out to be a very expensive exercise for RBI.
People are pulling investments out of India and if RBI throws in $15 billion to hold rupee and keep inflation low it will only make easy for those people who want to pull out money from India. If RBI don't supports then the sinking economy will force those people to pull out money. What India is experiencing is a start of recession and this type of situation is not good. India's economy has been over exhausted to give a good image in media and those factors are now bitting back.

So RDI wants to sell 2 billion dollars to stop the Rupee not falling below 72. How do they know that spending 2 billion dollar is enough to keep the rupee in check? I think they would need to spend much more to control the rupee fall. $2 billion won't cut it.

Artificially holding a currency in such volatile situation is not appropriate... Dollar is roaring and nobody knows how Mr. Trump will react tomorrow...

People are pulling investments out of India and if RBI throws in $15 billion to hold rupee and keep inflation low it will only make easy for those people who want to pull out money from India. If RBI don't supports then the sinking economy will force those people to pull out money. What India is experiencing is a start of recession and this type of situation is not good. India's economy has been over exhausted to give a good image in media and those factors are now bitting back.

pulling investments out of India

Few Examples... don't shoot and scoot...

Indian Rupee just 4Paisa away from reaching 72. This situation is very sad. With FDI leaving India rupee is in a desperate need of artificial support. Indian economy is in real slump.

Politicians are supposed to do that... You yourself are witnessing one...
https://dailytimes.com.pk/256229/khans-u-turns-have-killed-the-dream-for-a-naya-pakistan/

In India we have a politician whose grandfather is a Muslim, thus his father is a Muslim... mom is a Christian and he is a "Janeu Dhari" Brahmin... who loves chicken...

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...-yatra-kathmandu-china-bjp-1331453-2018-09-04

@ARMalik congratulations Indian rupee has breeches 72 and RBI was not able to stop it.

Indian economy is doomed it is dead. This is sad very sad.

@zip congratulations bro your govt did it.

This means $2 billion per week are not enough to stop the rupee decline. Now Indian economy is in trouble. This is really bad for India.

And not to mention loan repayments coming up soon. Lets see if India will "borrow" more or will it sell national assets. I reckon it would be a combination of both.

And not to mention loan repayments coming up soon. Lets see if India will "borrow" more or will it sell national assets. I reckon it would be a combination of both.
India has already issued bonds but was able to collect very little because FDI is leaving India and country is in economic recession. Indian economy is disrupted.

This really bad now rupee is further diving and breaching below 72 further.

People have stopped investing in India. Will you invest in a country where you know you investment will lose value by every second? This is a continuous drop and failure of Indian govt to tackle this is creating uncertainty in the market about India.

@ARMalik congratulations Indian rupee has breeches 72 and RBI was not able to stop it.

Indian economy is doomed it is dead. This is sad very sad.

@zip congratulations bro your govt did it.

This means $2 billion per week are not enough to stop the rupee decline. Now Indian economy is in trouble. This is really bad for India.

RBI is not trying to stop it.
I would rather believe the experts in RBI than a mr noone in some time pass defence forum :D

India has already issued bonds but was able to collect very little because FDI is leaving India and country is in economic recession. Indian economy is disrupted.

This really bad now rupee is further diving and breaching below 72 further.

People have stopped investing in India. Will you invest in a country where you know you investment will lose value by every second? This is a continuous drop and failure of Indian govt to tackle this is creating uncertainty in the market about India.

Did the IMF already bailed out the Pak economy?
It seems like a beggar in road side is peeping on a small crack in the fencing of a rich man

RBI is not trying to stop it.
I would rather believe the experts in RBI than a mr noone in some time pass defence forum :D

Did the IMF already bailed out the Pak economy?
It seems like a beggar in road side is peeping on a small crack in the fencing of a rich man

Hehe lol lol lol
Indian Rupee is going down the drain and these experts are still hopping here to give excuses. Wow what trolls you people are. On a serious note where is super power economy. Show me how your govt stops this decline on value of your currency. Noob economists now have no reason to give. I am seriously shocked at India, such a big country and there is not even one person there who can actually explain why rupee is declining. The Finance minister one day blames Turkey next day oil and then next day global recession. India is country being run by idiots who have no clue of what is happening.

Back
Top Bottom