What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Privatization of railway is nothing but blasphemy ! govt even with need 3/4th majority will not be able to do it.

You are right. Unless public keeps paying tax to recover PSU losses how can people be happy?

You are right. Unless public keeps paying tax to recover PSU losses how can people be happy?
i ma not saying whether privatization of railway is good or bad. I am just saying it is next to impossible.

i ma not saying whether privatization of railway is good or bad. I am just saying it is next to impossible.

Impossible is true word, and that's why Indian railway stations will always remain the messy, smelly, unorganised chaos that has become symbolic of the railways.

Impossible is true word, and that's why Indian railway stations will always remain the messy, smelly, unorganised chaos that has become symbolic of the railways.
well next best thing after privatization is complete autonomy. The way metro railways are functioning they provide a glimmer of hope.

well next best thing after privatization is complete autonomy. The way metro railways are functioning they provide a glimmer of hope.

Just bring accountability to the sarkari babus. These PSUs run on public tax money. They will never run in a loss because every time they face a loss the government will bail them out. Quality, what on earth is quality? This attitude nearly killed India in 1990. But the public and government refuses to learn.

Just bring accountability to the sarkari babus. These PSUs run on public tax money. They will never run in a loss because every time they face a loss the government will bail them out. Quality, what on earth is quality? This attitude nearly killed India in 1990. But the public and government refuses to learn.
I'm against general privatisation of railway.
Why not Indian railways vs Pakistani railways ?
There are tons of similar threads in our Chinese railway forum, like China vs Japan, China vs Germany.
Sometimes a thread of China vs India or China vs USA in railway is created, as a moderator I will delete them.
I won't delete a thread like, what China can learn from Mumbai's suburban rail.

Without privatization there is a lack of accountability in India.
Pls read my comments in my thread, https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/
Privatisation of coach companies and airlines is OK.
But railway as a unique transportation form is different. No matter private of state-owned, it's monopoly. And to say nothing of the "motivation" of private companies.

I've said before, Shenzhen-Guangzhou HSR company has "reformed" to a listed company.
What are they doing? Increase HSR fares by 50% when the rest of our HSR network remains the same since introduction of HSR in 2007-2008.

Are they more efficient? NO, NO, NO. They'd rather reduce the number of services per day to increase passengers load factor. (for this one of the busiest corridor in the world, only 180 trains from Guangzhou to Shenzhen daily, but at least 250-300 needed).

Are they faster? NO, NO. NO. 139km=1h10min, in other lines, 1h10min=200km at least.

Are they cosier? NO, NO, NO. They use the worst type of EMU train in China while we in central China use sophisticated CRH380A trains.

Will they build non-profitable HSR in the west? NO, NO, NO. One of a new line invested by private companies has been under construction more than 10 years, because they ultimately realise it will never make money. So postpone construction and wait for "rescue" from the government.

Last edited:
Pls read my comments in my thread, https://defence.pk/threads/chinese-hsr-news-and-information:original-translations.363685/
Privatisation of coach companies and airlines is OK.
But railway as a unique transportation form is different. No matter private of state-owned, it's monopoly. And to say nothing of the "motivation" of private companies.
I've said before, Shenzhen-Guangzhou HSR company has "reformed" to a listed company.
What are they doing? Increase HSR fares by 50% when the rest of our HSR network remains the same since introduction of HSR.
Are they more efficient? NO, NO, NO. They'd rather reduce the number of services per day. (for this one of the busiest corridor in the world, only 180 trains daily, at least 250 needed).
Are they faster? NO, NO. NO. 139km=1h10min, in other lines, 1h10min=200km at least.
Are they cosier? NO, NO, NO. They use the worst type of EMU train in China while we in central China use sophisticated CRH380A trains.

I understand your point, but in India the government employees have no sense of duty or accountability. Ask any Indian what they think of government offices, unless they themselves work there they will tell you the truth.

I understand your point, but in India the government employees have no sense of duty or accountability. Ask any Indian what they think of government offices, unless they themselves work there they will tell you the truth.
Believe me, it won't change if it is privatised.
Chinese railway was the same before, but now offer quite decent services. Believe in people, not "systems" which will adapt to changes of people.

Railway is not expressway or airlines. MONOPOLY is the only theme.

Comparing China with India means,
Comparing Sun with Moon.

Yes only competion in which India gone to win is Population.

China has some of the best railway Ifrastructure in the world, I must admit... hope India improves its railway conditions in the decades to come...

Comparing China with India means,
Comparing Sun with Moon.

Yes only competion in which India gone to win is Population.

Okay, so let's have a debate, with you, as you are the most intelligent person here on the forum, who know everything about railways.

1) Any ways , Indian railways and its operations are more DIVERSE geographically and purposely, than chinese. As chinese railway network is based on european one. Neither Chinese fast train will suit Indian actual demand, nor the Bullet. Why to waste money on this project?

2) No one is willing to pay 7000 rupees for one way in India to travel in a train they would rather travel by Air. If their luggage is less and 1000 rupees for extra lugage. Beijing to Shanghai oneway costs 6,000 rupees for economy class, which is too much.

3) You need to board the train 1 hour earlier in China HR which means leaving 2 hours earlier If you live averagely far. Not so in India.

4) Indian railways is more network oriented to connect almost every district with stoppage points, and NOT speed oriented. Neither I favour High Speed trains in India. , Max 190km/hr.

5) India could have built the High speed rail network by now, but it does not fulfil the requirement.

6) India already began upgrading its stations, and to be honest, I do not find Indian railway stations bad in what ever condition they are. It is only the cleanliness which demands the attention!

Without privatization there is a lack of accountability in India.

The privatisation must only happen in cleanliness, reservation and upgrading the stations.. Not the railways. We actually do not require High speed trains. It will increase the cost , and people will rather fly by air .. and those who live in interiar will have to pay more.

A high speed train operation will cost the railways a lot and cannot become the basic mode of railways operation.

Changing your flag does not change your true color ............you f****ing commie.

Your response is sadly impotent. Nothing I said was untrue, and there is little to nothing you can do to change that.

Also, I reported your post. I have a good record of getting people banned, and I hope to continue.

Okay, so let's have a debate, with you, as you are the most intelligent person here on the forum, who know everything about railways.

1) Any ways , Indian railways and its operations are more DIVERSE geographically and purposely, than chinese. As chinese railway network is based on european one. Neither Chinese fast train will suit Indian actual demand, nor the Bullet. Why to waste money on this project?

2) No one is willing to pay 7000 rupees for one way in India to travel in a train they would rather travel by Air. If their luggage is less and 1000 rupees for extra lugage. Beijing to Shanghai oneway costs 6,000 rupees for economy class, which is too much.

3) You need to board the train 1 hour earlier in China HR which means leaving 2 hours earlier If you live averagely far. Not so in India.

4) Indian railways is more network oriented to connect almost every district with stoppage points, and NOT speed oriented. Neither I favour High Speed trains in India. , Max 190km/hr.

5) India could have built the High speed rail network by now, but it does not fulfil the requirement.

6) India already began upgrading its stations, and to be honest, I do not find Indian railway stations bad in what ever condition they are. It is only the cleanliness which demands the attention!

A high speed train operation will cost the railways a lot and cannot become the basic mode of railways operation.

What are you talking about?

1) What do you mean by Indian railways are more geographically diverse? Geographically speaking, China is much more diverse than India, and Chinese railways are built over Karst topography, deserts, permafrost on Tibetan Plateau, the Mongolian grasslands, the snowy plains of the north, and through the granite mountains of central China.

2) Air travel is affected too much by oil prices. Tickets may be cheap now, but that's not likely to continue. Besides, India is a large net oil importer, therefore air travel contributes to her large trade deficit.

3) Where the hell did you get your information? NO, you CANNOT board the train one hour before departure. In fact, you are NOT even allowed onto the platform until 15 minutes before departure time. Unlike India, China doesn't allow people to loiter on platforms.

4) Chinese passenger rail connects more cities, townships, and counties than Indian railways. In fact, in terms of stations and connection points, Chinese passenger railways leads the world. There is no railway more "network oriented" than the Chinese passenger railway, AND it delivers people with SPEED.

5) India couldn't have built high-speed rail even if it wanted to. India's traction technologies are all imported from Japan and America decades ago and all obsolete. India has no indigenous R&D and manufacturing capability to even contemplate high-speed rail on her own. Moreover, with her large national deficits, where will India find the funds for such an ambitious project?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom