What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Every Bihari I meet says Nitish has committed political suicide. The unfortunate side effect is that Lalu's party will gain

Yes, that may be the side effect, but i think people do need to teach these political opportunists some lesson even if that means lalu getting more seats.

Nitish was what he was all b'coz of the cadre of BJP/RSS & the NDA govt. for the first time were doing great development of Bihar.

Only b'coz he himself wanted to become PM & since he had the nos. in the assembly he broke of from BJP, even Sharad yadav was against it but he was adamant.

Did he forgot that the mandate was for NDA not just JDU?

He broke of b'coz of minority votes, now even minorities aren't voting for him. IDIOT.

Another Secular politician spotted :ashamed:
Will kill Narendra Modi, Congress candidate Imran Masood said in hate speech | NDTV.com

Will kill Narendra Modi, Congress candidate Imran Masood said in hate speech

Edited by Deepshikha Ghosh | Updated: March 28, 2014 18:18 IST

Imran-masood-360x270_mas.jpg

Imran Masood is contesting from Saharanpur in western Uttar Pradesh

Saharanpur, UP: The video of a Congress candidate in Uttar Pradesh threatening to "chop Narendra Modi to pieces" has ignited a new political controversy ahead of next month's national election.

Imran Masood, 40, who is contesting from Saharanpur in western Uttar Pradesh, faces criminal charges for his hate speech against the BJP's Prime Ministerial candidate.

The police are investigating an audio CD that they recovered on Thursday, but it is not clear when the statement was made.

Mr Masood has reportedly claimed that he spoke those words eight months ago, when he was with the Samajwadi Party.

Speaking to NDTV today, he said someone had recorded his informal chat on the mobile phone, but admitted that "in politics, words used should be respectful."

The controversy has erupted ahead of Rahul Gandhi's rally in Saharanpur on Saturday. The Congress disapproved of its candidate's remarks but said the rally would not be cancelled.

In the CD, Mr Masood was heard saying, "I am a man of the street, ready to give my life for my people. I am neither afraid of death or of killing. He thinks this is Gujarat. There are only 4% Muslims in Gujarat. There are 42% Muslims here."

Senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley said the comments reflect a mindset that believes "abusing Modi is an expression of aggressive secularism."

Referring to Sonia Gandhi's "Maut Ka Saudagar (merchant of death)" barb in 2007 against Mr Modi, the BJP leader said Mr Masood's remarks followed a pattern of unacceptable attacks the Gujarat Chief Minister.

Mr Modi, 64, is contesting his first parliamentary election from Varanasi, 800 km away in India's largest and most politically vital state. In his speech, Mr Masood warns the BJP leader against "turning Uttar Pradesh into Gujarat."

Mr Modi's critics accuse him of not doing enough to stop the 2002 riots that tore through his Gujarat, leaving hundreds of Muslims dead. A Supreme Court inquiry has said there is no evidence of Mr Modi's alleged collusion in the violence; a local court upheld that report recently.

Modi knows pangs of poverty, Rahul doesn't: Congress leader Meena
Senior Congress leader Ramnarayan Meena on Friday praised Opposition BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, saying the Gujarat chief minister has risen to great heights on his abilities and he knows pangs of poverty.
"Modi has risen to such great heights from ground on the basis of his abilities and knows about the pangs of poverty," Meena said.

He said that on other hand, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi has "not witnessed such hardships and is not aware about destitution. He needs a better team to know the same".

Another one about to exit Cong.:coffee:

We must also take into consideration that it is Ashish Khetan who is fighting from New Delhi seat not Kejri himself. That makes a difference and I agree with you people vote differently in Vidhan Sabha and Lok Sabha and that's where comparison of leadership of each party comes into play. I believe on any given day, Modi wins hands down in that comparison .
ashish khetan is just a name it's kejriwal who will be doing 10 days regular home to home rally's .large no of the AAPTARDS i have met are from that area .the support of JNU jhollachaps goes till midnights .His support has reduced definitely but not that much in new delhi constituency.lekhi has too do lots of hard work their.

Back
Top Bottom