What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

It isn't a measure of his secularism, but a measure of the lengths to which he needs to stoop to attract the average Muslim voter from his constituency.

It is easy for him to do that because he himself believes in it. It is not something he is stooping to. He is there already along with the "average" Muslim voter.

It is easy for him to do that because he himself believes in it. It is not something he is stooping to. He is there already along with the "average" Muslim voter.

I think I gave the reasons earlier why he's slightly different. The average Muslim voter won't be thinking of marrying a Christian any time soon without getting her converted to Islam first.:D

I think I gave the reasons earlier why he's slightly different. The average Muslim voter won't be thinking of marrying a Christian any time soon without getting her converted to Islam first.:D

No it is not that uncommon. As I said they are people of the book which makes it perfectly halal for the Muslim to marry a Christian. If they had a Muslim wedding, the girl would have taken up a Muslim name too, but for the sake of saying she can claim to still be a Christian. After all, Isa is recognized as a prophet in Islam too. Seen quite a few such weddings myself.

It would have been a sign of liberalism if it was a Christian guy and a Muslim girl. That is forbidden per Islam.

High Court quashes FIR against Yeddyurappa - The Hindu

now iam 100% sure CONGI supporters are complete idiots :yahoo:

Yr koi election ki update do?? Modi sahb jeet rahy ya nae?? I wish he wins with clear majority , I mean clean sweep!!

Yes he is going to be the PM.

Arvind Kejriwal in Bangalore, expresses concern over farmers' suicide - The Times of India
Arvind Kejriwal in Bangalore, expresses concern over farmers' suicide

BANGALORE: AAP chief and former Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday expressed concern over increasing numbers of farmers' suicide and took BJP prime minister candidate Narendra Modi task for allegedly bribing few media sections.

"My resignation has upset many people and this shows how they love AAP. Honest politics and politicians across country is my primary agenda," he said.

Kejriwal arrived in Bangalore on Saturday morning and he will tour Karnataka before flying back to Delhi on Monday.

Crook Kejari is completely silent over Highest farmer suicide in Maharashtra, Andhra. He has gone mum on all scam of Congress regime. He is silent on illegal minines alloted to Zindal and others. He is focusing on BJP corruption which is not even a fraction of what congress has. He is silent on AAP member's corruption like that of Somanath Bharati.

Last edited:
There are CMs who have done very well in governance and development in India.

yes there are CMS all of them are from BJP only. Modi is ahead of all.

There are CMs in India who has done well in the last 5 years than Modi.

No one.

What is common man agenda ? Free water ,Free this and that ?
That was the congress policy since 1947 to 1991 ,What happened ??
We need more industries ,more manufacturing ,more jobs ,that;s it .

In gujarat, there is an explosion in Jobs in unorganized sector. You will not get a mason to work for a day in less than 600 Rs. In cities Auto wala earns 30K and same as lariwalas who sales fruit and vegetables.

I think Maharastra and TN also achieved the same impressive growth rates in that time period.

It is not simply about Growth rate. It is about Law and order, Employeement generation, Infrastructure development, Pollution control, Agriculture growth, reforms in judiciary, Beti Bachao, Drop out in school rate, fight against malnutrition etc.

Last edited:
Gujarat is from ancient times on wards a place where most trade used to happen. Gujarat is famous for trade and Businessmen.

Yes but today Gujarat is in forefront in Industrial development, Agriculture (Which it was never), Employment Generation and what ever you may say.

Bechara Pappu. 272 bol bhi nahi sakta!!!!!!!

yes there are CMS all of them are from BJP only. Modi is ahead of all.
No one.
In gujarat, there is an explosion in Jobs in unorganized sector. You will not get a mason to work for a day in less than 600 Rs. In cities Auto wala earns 30K and same as lariwalas who sales fruit and vegetables.
It is not simply about Growth rate. It is about Law and order, Employeement generation, Infrastructure development, Pollution control, Agriculture growth, reforms in judiciary, Beti Bachao, Drop out in school rate, fight against malnutrition etc.

Other states are also doing well similar to Gujarat and Gujarat is not number one in all the categories.

Other states are also doing well similar to Gujarat and Gujarat is not number one in all the categories.

Please show me a single state which has done so much of progress in all department. I changeling you.

what abt subramanyam swami no where in the list, i am gr8 fan of him

I too. He is the guy who can really Fix the congress. He fixed the congress even when he was not even MP.

Please show me a single state which has done so much of progress in all department. I changeling you.

No need for challenges and take it lightly ....

go through the below links and find it yourself.

Human Development:

List of Indian states and territories by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://wcd.nic.in/publication/GDIGEReport/Part2.pdf

Gujarat fails to make top grade in development index by Raghuram Rajan-led panel - The Times of India

GDP and percapita income :

List of Indian states by GDP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see Maharastra is leading in both the reports.

OK now see.

1st In agriculture

1st in employment

1St in economic freedom.

Best work in Saving girl Child.

The only state where water table goes Up because of rigorous water conservation drive.

No 1 in judicial reform. All judgement are delivered in a year.

Lowest crime against women.

Excellent work in urban Housing.

No 1 in river linking.

No 1 in providing 24*7 electricity to each and every village.

All 5 electricity companies are among best in India.

And list goes on.........

1231567_783297501698169_383994079_n.jpg

Maharashtra is leading because of Mumbai and the fact that most Indian MNCs have their billion dollar operations based out of it.

Take Ahmedabad out of Gujarat and Mumbai out of Maharashtra and Gujarat is #1 in terms of per capita GDP.

@Bhai Zakir
@Guynextdoor2
@ExtraOdinary
@Soumitra
@The_Showstopper
@Parul
@ranjeet

Mamata Banerjee should be more critical of Narendra Modi: Muslim cleric - The Times of India

KOLKATA: Accusing BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of being an "opportunist", prominent city cleric Maulana Barkati on Tuesday asked Trinamool Congress leader Mamata Banerjee to be more critical of Modi in order to prove her secular credentials.

The imam of city's Tipu Sultan Mosque, Maulana Barkati, said, "We know she is secular but If Mamata Banerjee wants to prove her secular credentials, she should be more aggressive and critical about Modi. Rahul Gandhi has been critical of Modi, we want Mamata Banerjee also to come out openly in criticising Modi."
The cleric's comment comes at a time when all political parties are aggressively trying to woo Muslims for their 28 per cent minority votes, which is a deciding factor for 28-30 seats of the 42 Lok Sabha seats in the state.

Barkati lashed out at Modi for seeking the votes of the Muslim community.

"Why is he asking for the votes of Muslims, when he has a problem in wearing the Muslim cap. He should be ashamed about asking for our votes. He is an opportunist," he charged.

Back
Top Bottom