What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Rediff On The NeT: Kanchan Gupta on Sonia's eligibility for prime minister

Where was Sonia when India was at war? And after Mrs Gandhi lost in 1977?

...............Rajiv Gandhi married Sonia Maino in 1968. Under India's citizenship laws (not framed by Hindu communalists but Congress secularists in the 1950s), she was entitled to seek Indian citizenship five years after her marriage, that is in 1974. But she chose not to register as an Indian citizen for the next 10 years. That could not have been a casual oversight. Indeed, two incidents during these 10 years suggest that it was a considered decision not to repudiate her Italian citizenship.

Let us then go back to those 10 years. During the India-Pakistan war of 1971 (coinciding with the liberation struggle of Bangladesh), under emergency provisions, the leave applications of all Indian Airlines pilots were cancelled so that they could be used for providing logistical support. The only exception was Rajiv Gandhi, a full-time pilot with Indian Airlines. Sonia Gandhi nee Maino, who now claims that she is an Indian till her last breath, flew off to Italy with Rajiv Gandhi and their two children.

While indigenous Indians serving as pilots with Indian Airlines stood by to serve their motherland, Sonia Gandhi nee Maino and family remained in the more congenial surroundings of Italy during the entire duration of the war, returning only after General Niazi had signed the surrender papers.

The other incident, once again resurrected from those 10 years. After news came in that the Congress and Indira Gandhi had been defeated in 1977, Sonia Gandhi nee Maino packed an overnighter and, with husband and children in tow, took refuge in the Italian embassy in New Delhi's Chanakyapuri. It took the combined efforts of Indira Gandhi, Sanjay Gandhi and the other 'bahu' of the household, Maneka Gandhi nee Anand, to convince her to return to the Gandhi home.

Therefore, the record shows that Sonia Gandhi nee Maino who now aspires to be the prime minister of India chose not to be an Indian till it was pointed out that it would be awkward for Rajiv Gandhi, as prime minister, to have an Italian spouse. In other words, she has been a citizen of India for a mere 15 years -- the exact date of her conversion from Italian to Indian has never been disclosed to the people of India whom she now wants to rule. The record also shows that she fled from India in wartime. The record also shows that she was perfectly eager to desert her mother-in-law, indeed the 'dynasty' that she now flaunts as her asset, in her hour of need.

............After a new prime minister is sworn in, the Press Information Bureau publishes a pamphlet providing the biographical details of the incumbent. Till now, nobody has ever looked at the pamphlet because all the individuals who have held the prime minister's office, have led a public life -- their minutest biographical details have been public knowledge for decades if not more.

If Sonia Gandhi nee Maino is sworn in as prime minister of India, for the first time the PIB's pamphlet will be eagerly read. After all, India does not even know in which city was she born, what are the names of her parents, what school she went to, what language she is most comfortable with, how many elections she has won and lost, where all has she represented India, what is her favourite dish, who is her favourite Bollywood playback singer, who is her favourite poet, etc. The usual trivia that makes up a sarkari prime ministerial bio-data.

I also heard that the Pope insists that all RAW agents be Catholics and Sonia Gandhi is complying with this order from the Holy See. Also, my aunt's, uncle's, cousin's, neighbor's, niece who is married to the gardener of a RAW agent in Mumbai once told me that she saw classified documents where Sonia and Rahul Gandhi offered to give Goa to Portugal in 2016 as a symbol of mutual Christian love. My neighbor's , cousin's, sister's, maid Rookmin from Delhi who travels regularly on a bus which stops regularly next to the PM's car at traffic lights once told us that the PM is actually an Italian disguised as a Sikh ! She swears she saw him minus the pagri and he had blonde hair and spoke Italian on his mobile which is also made in Italy ! That proves that Sonia Gandhi is nothing more than an Italian double agent heading an Italian party known as Congress !

Somehow I think a National Newspaper of repute like THE INDIAN EXPRESS has more credibility than you. You do not think so ?

:lol: Dude are you BLIND ?

This article was Published in THE INDIAN EXPRESS on 17th April 2004.

This was not published today or before 2014 elections.

If this article is such a big lie, why has the congress not sued the Indian Express for publishing this article ? The very fact that that the congress or Sonia gandhi could not challenge such an article is substantive proof that the article is genuine and shows the true state of affairs then and now.

Rediff On The NeT: Kanchan Gupta on Sonia's eligibility for prime minister

Where was Sonia when India was at war? And after Mrs Gandhi lost in 1977?

...............Rajiv Gandhi married Sonia Maino in 1968. Under India's citizenship laws (not framed by Hindu communalists but Congress secularists in the 1950s), she was entitled to seek Indian citizenship five years after her marriage, that is in 1974. But she chose not to register as an Indian citizen for the next 10 years. That could not have been a casual oversight. Indeed, two incidents during these 10 years suggest that it was a considered decision not to repudiate her Italian citizenship.

Let us then go back to those 10 years. During the India-Pakistan war of 1971 (coinciding with the liberation struggle of Bangladesh), under emergency provisions, the leave applications of all Indian Airlines pilots were cancelled so that they could be used for providing logistical support. The only exception was Rajiv Gandhi, a full-time pilot with Indian Airlines. Sonia Gandhi nee Maino, who now claims that she is an Indian till her last breath, flew off to Italy with Rajiv Gandhi and their two children.

While indigenous Indians serving as pilots with Indian Airlines stood by to serve their motherland, Sonia Gandhi nee Maino and family remained in the more congenial surroundings of Italy during the entire duration of the war, returning only after General Niazi had signed the surrender papers.

The other incident, once again resurrected from those 10 years. After news came in that the Congress and Indira Gandhi had been defeated in 1977, Sonia Gandhi nee Maino packed an overnighter and, with husband and children in tow, took refuge in the Italian embassy in New Delhi's Chanakyapuri. It took the combined efforts of Indira Gandhi, Sanjay Gandhi and the other 'bahu' of the household, Maneka Gandhi nee Anand, to convince her to return to the Gandhi home.

Therefore, the record shows that Sonia Gandhi nee Maino who now aspires to be the prime minister of India chose not to be an Indian till it was pointed out that it would be awkward for Rajiv Gandhi, as prime minister, to have an Italian spouse. In other words, she has been a citizen of India for a mere 15 years -- the exact date of her conversion from Italian to Indian has never been disclosed to the people of India whom she now wants to rule. The record also shows that she fled from India in wartime. The record also shows that she was perfectly eager to desert her mother-in-law, indeed the 'dynasty' that she now flaunts as her asset, in her hour of need.

............After a new prime minister is sworn in, the Press Information Bureau publishes a pamphlet providing the biographical details of the incumbent. Till now, nobody has ever looked at the pamphlet because all the individuals who have held the prime minister's office, have led a public life -- their minutest biographical details have been public knowledge for decades if not more.

If Sonia Gandhi nee Maino is sworn in as prime minister of India, for the first time the PIB's pamphlet will be eagerly read. After all, India does not even know in which city was she born, what are the names of her parents, what school she went to, what language she is most comfortable with, how many elections she has won and lost, where all has she represented India, what is her favourite dish, who is her favourite Bollywood playback singer, who is her favourite poet, etc. The usual trivia that makes up a sarkari prime ministerial bio-data.

Dude, if this was written in 2004, why has it come back into focus only now?? Wait yet, 100s of such old articles will be retrieved soon by both sides. I ain't defending her nor am I a Congress minion. I'm against the gullibility of our Public which is ready to believe anything levelled at the Gandhi family.

Provide verifiable proof or it didn't happen. I am not concerned about her silence. I say the same when someone throws wild allegations against Modi too.

Dude, if this was written in 2004, why has it come back into focus only now?? Wait yet, 100s of such old articles will be retrieved soon by both sides. I ain't defending her nor am I a Congress minion. I'm against the gullibility of our Public which is ready to believe anything levelled at the Gandhi family.

Provide verifiable proof or it didn't happen. I am not concerned about her silence. I say the same when someone throws wild allegations against Modi too.

Again I repeat, ARE YOU BLIND ?

I have just posted a NEWSPAPER article from a reputed newspaper .......what more proof do you need ? You want to meet the RAW agent and question him yourself ? :woot:

For someone who claims to not support congress, you seem extremely reluctant to believe anything the newspaper or RAW agents say about Sonia gandhi.

The article has NAMES, LOCATION and DATES :lol: ..........what more do you need ? .......A signed and notified letter from sonia gandhi ?

Again I repeat, ARE YOU BLIND ?

I have just posted a NEWSPAPER article from a reputed newspaper .......what more proof do you need ? You want to meet the RAW agent and question him yourself ? :woot:

For someone who claims to not support congress, you seem extremely reluctant to believe anything the newspaper or RAW agents say about Sonia gandhi.

The article has NAMES, LOCATION and DATES :lol: ..........what more do you need ? .......A signed and notified letter from sonia gandhi ?

And I ask you ARE YOU DEAF ?

DON'T USE CAPS SO OFTEN. IT'S PAINFUL TO READ.

If the details given in the Newspaper are correct, why don't you approach the Courts over this? If the body of proofs is strong, you'll win hands down. Subramanium Swamy would have long filed another case against them had he believed this or the proof that accompanied this article.

And here we go... bashing a dead horse that died 30 years back. Kuch members tab paida bhi nahi hue the.

And I ask you ARE YOU DEAF ?

DON'T USE CAPS SO OFTEN. IT'S PAINFUL TO READ.

If the details given in the Newspaper are correct, why don't you approach the Courts over this? If the body of proofs is strong, you'll win hands down. Subramanium Swamy would have long filed another case against them had he believed this or the proof that accompanied this article.

:lol: Why should I approach the court with it ? I wold rather vote the congress out and ask the BJP govt. to make sure sonia is destroyed.

Dr. Swamy has himself made similar charges against sonia gandhi...........sonia gandhi is yet to reply to him or even sue him or even file a defamation case against him :lol:

BTW you are yet to answer my question ? What kind of proof are you looking for ? A signed letter from sonia gandhi confessing everything ?

:lol: Why should I approach the court with it ? I wold rather vote the congress out and ask the BJP govt. to make sure sonia is destroyed.

Dr. Swamy has himself made similar charges against sonia gandhi...........sonia gandhi is yet to reply to him or even sue him or even file a defamation case against him :lol:

BTW you are yet to answer my question ? What kind of proof are you looking for ? A signed letter from sonia gandhi confessing everything ?

How about the identity of that RAW guy who broke this story? o_O
If Swamyji has taken her to court, she'll be forced to reply to the Court summons. I haven't seen that happening. And since you're so keen to believe such stories, might as well believe the "proof" as solid which will withstand the scrutiny of the Courts.:police:

How about the identity of that RAW guy who broke this story? o_O
If Swamyji has taken her to court, she'll be forced to reply to the Court summons. I haven't seen that happening. And since you're so keen to believe such stories, might as well believe the "proof" as solid which will withstand the scrutiny of the Courts.:police:

You need to ask the Journalist about him ..........last time I checked, Journalist always protected their sources. o_O

Dr. Swamy is busy trying to get the crooks involved in 2 G Scam in jail. I do not think he should be wasting his time on sonia right now. Best way to punish her is vote the congress out and use the govt. of India official machinery like CBI to build case against her and Rahul baba and throw them in Jail. What do you think ? :devil:

BTW my belief of the story stems from the fact that nobody from the congress has countered it. That is pretty conclusive enough for me.

rjss.png
Well are you? :P

Back
Top Bottom