What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

1394190212241.jpg

This four congrees candidates for my city first one is my best frnds brother . One of them will be elected by congress workers on 9th march .

Lalu Prasad faces revolt within party after fielding daughter Misa for Lok Sabha polls

Lalu Prasad faces revolt within party after fielding daughter Misa for Lok Sabha polls : India, News - India Today

Senior RJD leader Ramkirpal Yadav, a Rajya Sabha MP who has been close to Lalu Prasad for over two decades, had wanted to contest from Patliputra constituency.

Informed sources said he had made up mind to resign from the party and was likely to join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).

@jha How popular is this Ramakirpal Yadav? Will he be of any significance to BJP in the current political equations in Bihar?

2014: Final Countdown

In the home stretch leading up to the 2014 Lok Sabha election beginning April 7, four political forces will come into play. First, the BJP and its expanding orbit of NDA allies. Second, the Congress and its shrinking UPA base. Third, the ragtag Third Front. And fourth, the equally amorphous Fourth Front.

The following analysis factors in several key issues: one, the formation of Telangana; two, the entry of Ram Vilas Paswan’s LJP into the BJP-led NDA; three, the possibility of Raj Thackeray’s MNS not contesting the 2014 Lok Sabha poll; four, the unravelling of the AIADMK-Left alliance; and fifth, likely new alliances between the BJP and small parties in Tamil Nadu (DMDK, PMK, MDMK), Haryana and elsewhere.

So what do the numbers throw up?

Start with likely seats for the BJP. As frontrunner, BJP strategists should break up their seat target into three categories: Focus States, Challenging States andSmall States/UTs.

Here are the projections:

Focus states

1. Gujarat: 23
  2. Madhya Pradesh: 25
  3. Rajasthan: 22
  4. Maharashtra: 18
  5. Uttar Pradesh: 48
  6. Bihar: 24
  7. Karnataka: 15
  8. Chhattisgarh: 8
  9. Jharkhand: 8
  10. Uttarakhand: 4
Total: 195

Challenging states

1. Haryana: 4
  2. Punjab: 2
  3. Assam: 5
  4. West Bengal: 1
  5. Kerala: 1
  6. Andhra Pradesh (Telangana): 2
  7. Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra): 1
  8. Odisha: 1
  9. Tamil Nadu: 2
  10. Others: 2
Total 21

Small states/UTs

1. Goa: 2
  2. Daman & Diu: 1
  3. Nagar Haveli: 1
  4. Himachal Pradesh: 3
  5. Jammu & Kashmir: 2
  6. Delhi: 3
  7. Andamans: 1
  8. Others: 1
Total: 14

BJP: overall total: 230

Turn now to the Congress:

Assuming the TRS fights the general election in a seat sharing alliance with the Congress in Andhra Pradesh (Telangana constituencies), these are the likely numbers for the Congress:

1. Gujarat : 3
  2. Madhya Pradesh: 3
  3. Rajasthan: 1
  4. Chhattisgarh: 3
  5. Maharashtra: 9
  6. Karnataka: 12
  7. Uttar Pradesh: 4
  8. Bihar: 1
  9. Jharkhand: 2
  10. Uttarakhand: 1
  11. Haryana: 2
  12. Punjab: 1
  13. Assam: 5
  14. West Bengal: 4
  15. Kerala: 7
  16. Andhra Pradesh (Telangana): 4
  17. Andhra Pradesh (Seemandhra): 1
  18. Odisha: 4
  19. Tamil Nadu: 1
  20. Others: 7
Total: 75

How does the Third Front stack up?

Third Front

1. Left (four parties): 25
  2. SP: 10
  3. BJD: 12
  4. JD(U): 4
  5. Others: 7
Total: 58

The likely rupture in the AIADMK’s alliance with the Left parties could sound the death knell of the Third Front, especially with the BJD also turning sceptical.

What about the Fourth Front, comprising parties antagonistic to the Third Front? Their likely numbers:

Fourth Front

1. TMC: 27
  2. DMK: 9
  3. YSR: 12
  4. BSP: 18
  5. Others: 6
Total: 72

So we have our final math:

NDA: BJP (230) + SS (15) + SAD (7) + TDP (12) + LJP (2) + Others/Independents (18) = 284.

UPA: Congress (75) + NCP (5) + NC (1) +TRS (7) + RJD (8) + Others (8) =104.

Third Front: Left Front (25) + SP (10) + JDU (4) + BJD (12) + Others (7) =58.

Fourth Front: TMC (27) + DMK (9) + YSR (12) + BSP (18) + Others (6) =72.

Likely post-poll governing combinations? Here are two:

1. UPA + Third Front: 106+58 =164. Plus outside support from AAP (10)=174. Add mercurial BSP (18) = 192 – well short of a working majority.
  2. NDA + post-poll allies: 284 + AIADMK (22) = 306.
Jagan Mohan Reddy’s YSR (12) and others from the Fourth Front could join the NDA though their numbers would not be critical to forming a stable government. Is there a further upside for the NDA? With two months of campaigning to go in this 9-phase election, there clearly is.

2014: Final Countdown by Head On : Minhaz Merchant's blog-The Times Of India

@Soumitra Mate, don't you really thing BJP can win up to 48 seats from UP? :what: If it can; then i'll be one of the happiest person! :victory:

Former Union Minister Smt D.Purandeswari joined BJP today ,She is the daughter of Andhra Pradesh's former chief minister and TDP founder N. T. Rama Rao and represents the Visakhapatnam constituency

BiH_Ea1CIAEBmlF.jpg

@Soumitra Mate, don't you really thing BJP can win up to 48 seats from UP? :what: If it can; then i'll be one of the happiest person! :victory:

Not him alone CNN-IBN&CSDS survey is also predicting 41-49 seats for Bjp in UP ,So minhaz merchant figures are not exaggerated

(UP poll tracker: BJP may get 41-49 seats, SP 11-17, BSP 8-14, Cong 5-9

Last edited:
No not 48 50+ for sure ;) and if modi contest from there I wont be surprised if it reaches 55+...

Mate, I want BJP to get 272 + seats on its own. However, I have a gut feeling that we are going to get only 20 to 25 seats from UP. :(

PS: I ain't a political expert, I was Googling # of seats BJP won in previous elections in UP. The trend suggests, BJP don't perform well there...So just Skeptic. :(

These are only recent examples, but I have been observing the same for very very long time...

I repeat, AAP is just another face of the devil named Congress, created only to confuse people...

But I don't expect AAPtards to think and understand about it... because if they could, they could have thought and understood far earlier...

That's what makes them AAPtards...

NaxalAAP #AKasksModi #ItemGirlKejriwal

1962619_711663705523056_858807259_n.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom