What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Magician-turned-BJP nominee PC Sorcar Junior wants to make 'bad politicians' disappear | NDTV.com

Sorkar_360x270.jpg

PC Sorcar Junior has been fielded from the Barasat seat in West Bengal for the BJP.

Kolkata: He has grabbed eyeballs across the world with his magic. He is now going to try and grab votes. PC Sorcar Junior, magician extraordinaire, will try and wrest the Barasat seat in West Bengal for the BJP.

The magician-turned-politician is also confident that after the Lok Sabha polls, due by May, Narendra Modi and Mamata Banerjee will join hands.

"Yes I smelt it. That is exactly what will happen. After this you will be seeing Narendra Modi and Mamata Banerjee walk side by side," he said. "Narendra Modi as Prime Minister will help Mamata Banerjee, chief minister, to run Bengal better."

Is he going to use his magic wand to woo voters? Surprise, surprise - Sorcar says no. "Magic is a great art. It is entertainment. But if I go and show tricks to people, show illusions to people, that will be a cheap thing to do," says Sorcar. "People will do the magic. They will do the real hocus pocus."

What of Narendra Modi and the Godhra slur? Sorcar believes it is a myth created by some people. "I firmly believe Modi was not responsible for Godhra," he said. "He has been wrongly blamed for it. The illusion has been created."

If there is anything he would want to use magic for, it's this. "I want to make the bad politicians disappear," he laughs. Abracadabra. Poof. If only. If only

• Narendra Modi government has performed remarkably in the last decade. Agriculture production, which was at Rs 9,000 crore in year 2001-02, has been gone up to Rs 1,12,000 crore in the last fiscal.

• Narendra Modi government has taken total production of milk in year 2001-02 from 58.76 lakh metric tonne to 103.15 lakh tonne now.

• Narendra Modi government has increased the number of universities from 15 in year 2000 to 52 now, while government colleges have jumped from 20 to 71 now.

• Under Narendra Modi government, Gujarat has made progress from revenue deficit of Rs 6,732 crore in year 2001-02 to revenue surplus of Rs 4,602 crore.

• Under Narendra Modi government, infant mortality rate in Gujarat has come down to 38 from 60 in 2001.

• Under Narendra Modi government, school dropout rate for students in I to V was 20.50 per cent in year 2001-02, which has fallen to 2.07 per cent.

Narendra Modi and Gujarat economy: 6 facts - Financial Express

• Narendra Modi government has performed remarkably in the last decade. Agriculture production, which was at Rs 9,000 crore in year 2001-02, has been gone up to Rs 1,12,000 crore in the last fiscal.

• Narendra Modi government has taken total production of milk in year 2001-02 from 58.76 lakh metric tonne to 103.15 lakh tonne now.

• Narendra Modi government has increased the number of universities from 15 in year 2000 to 52 now, while government colleges have jumped from 20 to 71 now.

• Under Narendra Modi government, Gujarat has made progress from revenue deficit of Rs 6,732 crore in year 2001-02 to revenue surplus of Rs 4,602 crore.

• Under Narendra Modi government, infant mortality rate in Gujarat has come down to 38 from 60 in 2001.

• Under Narendra Modi government, school dropout rate for students in I to V was 20.50 per cent in year 2001-02, which has fallen to 2.07 per cent.
Gujarat presents surplus budget, but fiscal deficit widens | Business Standard

8 holes CAG picked in Narendra Modi’s Gujarat development plan - 8 holes CAG picked in Narendra Modi’s Gujarat development plan | The Economic Times

Sources: President Pranab Mukherjee not keen to approve the ordinance route for pending anti-graft bills.

Trolled by President

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom