What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

india-external-debt.png
india-industrial-production.png

Congress government growth slowest in 11 years. below 5% for 2 consecutive years.
Consumer price inflation in double digits for 2 years from now.

What a pathetic rule backed by family mafia.

You seems to be having short term memory loss.

This is what u have said and i have proved you wrong.

BJP leaders talk about Hindutva, but they have not read the Gita: Rahul Gandhi

Addressing a rally in Guwahati on February 25, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi narrated the case of a Sikh farmer who had been allegedly thrown out of Gujarat because "he was an outsider". As he was narrating the episode, some enthusiastic Congress volunteers started chanting: "Shame shame, murdabad, murdabad." Gandhi paused for a while and said: "Please don't say murdabad. I don't like that. Ours is a party of love. Let them spread hatred."

Love and inclusivity were the two central themes during his 24-minute speech at the massive first election rally in the North-east, attended by over 75,000 people. Launching a scathing attack against the BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi asked BJP leaders to read the Gita to understand India. "They say Congress should be finished in India. They talk of Hindutva. But they have not read the Gita yet. If they had, they would have known what it says. It teaches us to be humble and spread love," he said.

He tried to reach out to every possible social group with the slogans of empowerment and decentralisation. "There are two types of leaders. One empowers the public and the other wants to snatch power from them. I want to empower people," he said, adding that the Congress will continue to work for the poor, tribal, tea garden workers and adivasis. "We gave Food Security Bill, but the Opposition said it was a waste of money," he said. He also added one new group to his vision for inclusive progress. "There are 70 crore people who are above BPL but below the level of middle class. They are the taxi drivers and security guards. We want to work for their progress," he said.

He also promised more empowerment for women if the Congress came to power in the next election. "India can be a superpower only when women are empowered. I want to see 50 per women in Assemblies and Parliament," he said.

He criticised the BJP saying the saffron party was making fun of the Indian people by claiming that it would do things in just a few months what could not be done in the last 70 years. "It's really laughable. They are insulting the people of India. Leaders don't do anything. Whatever has been achieved is because of the people of India. I don't have that arrogance. I understand India's history. All big leaders listened to people, bowed to them and empowered them," said the Gandhi scion.

Despite this lofty philosophy, the Congress vice-president did not forget to remind the crowd of his and his party's contributions over the last 10 years. "We went to Bhatta Parsaul and passed the Land Acquisition Bill. We threw out Vedanta Group from Niyamgiri. We gave Rs.7,000 crore loan waiver to farmers. But we did everything with love, not with hatred and anger. Gandhiji has taught us that a revolution can be brought through peace," he said.

Stressing the need for the Congress also to change and at a faster pace, Gandhi said that the recently held primaries were a step in that direction.Referring to the murder of Arunachal Pradesh's Nido Tania in Delhi, Rahul said that there should be strong laws to stop such incidents. "I feel happy to visit the North-east. In other parts of the country, you have built good reputations as excellent workers. So when bad things happen to you, I don't feel good. Nobody should feel unwelcome anywhere."

Without naming any party, he hit out at the Opposition saying they play divisive politics. "In Maharashtra, they say North Indians are outsiders, in Delhi they say people from the North-east are outsiders, in Gujarat, the Sikhs are outsiders. That's the politics of hatred."

The Gandhi scion ended his speech referring to the self-immolation in Guwahati a day prior to his rally. "One man self-immolated yesterday. I have told CM Tarun Gogoi to deal with his family with love." On February 24, a member of a peasant rights group died after setting himself on fire in Guwahati demanding land rights for people living in the hills and wet lands around Guwahati.

Earlier in the day, the Congress vice-president reached Diphu in Karbi Anglong district to hold brainstorming sessions with tribal groups to gather inputs for his party's manifesto. "We want decentralisation of power and funds for adivasis, tribal and handicapped. In the last 10 years of UPA rule, we gave you National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, or the NREGA, which gives you the right to work. We also enacted the Right to Information. And last year, we passed the food security act, which assigns a right to food to the people. The more power given to people, the better for the country," he said in Diphu to a gathering of tribal leaders.

Talking about corruption, he said that corruption occurs because of the concentration of power and described the RTI as the most historical tool to fight corruption.

However, his two-day-long visit to Assam has been marred by a series of protests by various groups. Around 10 organisations have called bandhs in different parts of the state to protest against Gandhi's visit to the state. In fact, the capital city, Guwahati, was shut down because of a 12-hour bandh called by the Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti. During the bandh, protesters set ablaze several vehicles, tyres and blocked national highways, railway tracks at different places and threw stones at buses carrying Congress supporters to the rally. Security forces arrested over 100 protesters across the state.

Read more at: BJP leaders talk about Hindutva, but they have not read the Gita: Rahul Gandhi : India, News - India Today
LOL Rahul Gandi mega rally...

1975120_664775586917809_594725598_n.jpg

Vs

BJP's small rally...

1009950_825617324130756_314079999_n.jpg

Too late. You have missed the train to LS just by a year. :cheesy:

It takes 7-8 years to build as there are many issues like cheap politics, land acquisition, environment clearance, construction period etc. etc.

Like BJP's vasundhara raj is playing cheap politics of AIIMS as she want that in her constituency.

Its all take time.

But building 6 AIIMs is a big step and will help millions of people in these 6 states of India.

6 AIIMS-like institutes to be functional by end of 2014: Ghulam Nabi Azad

Read more at:
6 AIIMS-like institutes to be functional by end of 2014: Ghulam Nabi Azad - The Economic Times

Under the National Rural Health mission (NHRM) 18,000 hospitals have been set up during UPA I and 33,000 in the last five years, :woot: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: the minister noted.

Azad also talked about achievement in polio eradication. "In 2009, 50 per cent of world's total polio burden was in India. We introduced a new vaccine. It was intended to just reduce the number of polio cases. But we never knew that God would be so kind to us that in 3-4 years polio will be totally eradicated from India. It was a great ach ..

Read more at:
6 AIIMS-like institutes to be functional by end of 2014: Ghulam Nabi Azad - The Economic Times

It takes 7-8 years to build as there are many issues like cheap politics, land acquisition, environment clearance, construction period etc. etc.

Like BJP's vasundhara raj is playing cheap politics of AIIMS as she want that in her constituency.

Its all take time.

But building 6 AIIMs is a big step and will help millions of people in these 6 states of India.

6 AIIMS-like institutes to be functional by end of 2014: Ghulam Nabi Azad

Read more at:

Under the National Rural Health mission (NHRM) 18,000 hospitals have been set up during UPA I and 33,000 in the last five years, :woot: :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: the minister noted.

Azad also talked about achievement in polio eradication. "In 2009, 50 per cent of world's total polio burden was in India. We introduced a new vaccine. It was intended to just reduce the number of polio cases. But we never knew that God would be so kind to us that in 3-4 years polio will be totally eradicated from India. It was a great ach ..

Read more at:

I don' live on mars hence I know about all those environment clearances, NGOs , petty politics etc etc.

Did you get my point ??

And stop taking credit for polio eradication .

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...try/dr-harsh-vardhan-s-pioneering-role-in-mak

A polio-free India on the horizon, thanks to Harsh Vardhan | Niti Central

Cong forgot I began India’s Pulse Polio drive: Harsh Vardhan | The Indian Express

Last edited:
@Bhai Zakir ,Inflation is calculated on WPI , CPI has no role to play in calculating inflation. :rofl:

He is just showcasing his upbringing and culture by using foul language.

Don't engage with him in rational debate, as its not his Forte...His post only deserves, cut, copy and paste replies + Pics. :shout:

@arp2041 some days back said - I give up - White Flag - I can't fight with the paid bot, as I'm not getting paid. :pleasantry:

I dont know why you are using filthy language against another member when pressed by facts.

You should try the usual RTI,Empower thingy like owl baba instead.

Tell me what you understand by Consumer price index.

Lets play by points and facts.

PS: And who let the bot out..??

He is back with AICC sponsored usual picture messages. LOL.

Plenty of BJP sponsored picture messages flooded the forum before him, still flood the forum

Back
Top Bottom