What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Rahul gandhi is the best congress has to offer?

He will still manage to twist the selection. You need to understand that it is not just blind adoration or sycophancy that's kept the Gandhis on top. The Gandhis were toppled off by Narasimha Rao when he became PM. It resultd in infighting and chaos of an unbelievable level until congress was thrown out of power. It is a conscious decision by the top secretaries in the party to avoid that disaster again- and yes it is a SUERB strategy- the congress rallied, trounced BJP and came back to power 2 times. The BJP on the other hand has seen endless power struggles- the latest was modi's trouncing of Advani to come to the top. You may not like dynastyism, but cogress believes this isn't the time to abandon the advantages it has given. RG maybe an @$$hole, but he is quite harmless in comparison to several other politicians.

He will still manage to twist the selection. You need to understand that it is not just blind adoration or sycophancy that's kept the Gandhis on top. The Gandhis were toppled off by Narasimha Rao when he became PM. It resultd in infighting and chaos of an unbelievable level until congress was thrown out of power. It is a conscious decision by the top secretaries in the party to avoid that disaster again- and yes it is a SUERB strategy- the congress rallied, trounced BJP and came back to power 2 times. The BJP on the other hand has seen endless power struggles- the latest was modi's trouncing of Advani to come to the top. You may not like dynastyism, but cogress believes this isn't the time to abandon the advantages it has given. RG maybe an @$$hole, but he is quite harmless in comparison to several other politicians.

Very good answer, and I agree 100% with your view

As this is a forum, and gives us the opportunity to discuss. Before going into the discussion I have seen if you dont like Rahul gandhi or UPA, you are automatically declared a modi sympathizer. So beforehand let me say I dont care about either....

My problem with congress has and always will be that they have not inculcated or promoted serious competition for the top post. The rhetoric since rajiv's death was to develop priyanka or rahul... the question is why, why do we need this royal family syndrome in the largest democracy in the world.

When the top secretaries are so proactive for well being of the party, why cant they have the same outlook towards the nation and give us a candidate that is not a dimwit...

Despite popularity where Modi generates the fanfare, I would have preferred leaders like jaitley, swaraj, jaswant singh, yashwant sinha, to be top contenders for the role of governance... Bench strength from purely political acumen and qualification in NJP is quite significantly larger than Congress and Congress is to blame for it....

When USA honored and lavishly rewarded perps of 1971 genocide, i though they will atleast not have the cheek to poke their nose in internal matter of a country fully capable of handling it.

To be fair though, its someone's private opinions. Indian parliamentarians have also said crap about bush etc in the past. But the nature of this beast called media is such that things get blown out of proportion.

All these bright people in congress are using their intelligence only to fool the common Indian??? Because its my objective opinion that a weak figurehead PM kept there purely as a ''brilliant strategy'' has done tremendous harm to india and the ''system''. I hope you understand how much a weak leader damages a huge country like india? So its all about just fooling people and running private corrupt fiefdoms then??? God,I can't see how thats better than an a$$hole rahul becoming PM. Our leadership and our country has become an international joke.

Last edited:
Very good answer, and I agree 100% with your view

As this is a forum, and gives us the opportunity to discuss. Before going into the discussion I have seen if you dont like Rahul gandhi or UPA, you are automatically declared a modi sympathizer. So beforehand let me say I dont care about either....

My problem with congress has and always will be that they have not inculcated or promoted serious competition for the top post. The rhetoric since rajiv's death was to develop priyanka or rahul... the question is why, why do we need this royal family syndrome in the largest democracy in the world.

When the top secretaries are so proactive for well being of the party, why cant they have the same outlook towards the nation and give us a candidate that is not a dimwit...

Despite popularity where Modi generates the fanfare, I would have preferred leaders like jaitley, swaraj, jaswant singh, yashwant sinha, to be top contenders for the role of governance... Bench strength from purely political acumen and qualification in NJP is quite significantly larger than Congress and Congress is to blame for it....

:rofl::lol::rofl::rofl:. I don't think they could've guessed when he was born that he would turn out to be one :lol: .
Look- the educated urban Indian or the one settled in the US thinks that there is too much dynastyism in India. But what's the reality? Jaganmohan Reddy, the son of YSR got a following strong enough to start a party of his own in Andhra on the basis of his dead father's clout when he was thrown into jail. The Scindias get votes over generations. Evn the BJP 'Party with a difference' panderingly took in another dimwit called Varun Gandhi to get some of the Gandhi Aura.

It's not the politicians who are scheming to impose dynasties over the people, instead they are just strategizing basis how people think and want. Go 50 Km out of Bangalore to a place called Chikabelapur and you'd not find one person criticizing dynastyism, in fact a candidate comes from a prominent family, it has a sense of certainty to them (known devil).
Else I can tell you there are many many people in the congress today who won't hesitate one bit take out the Nehru Gandhi family if they had a chance. At a personal level I believe that congress is actually run by a top coterie. There is a consistent thinking there that cannot just 'emanate' from one person. She an Italian very well guided by people who have good grasp on ground. 
After all that gang Bang ... finally u became a Senior...

Aj aaapne Rahul Gandi ke kaha kaha Chaate!!! ohh forgot Maggot :lol:

Chuitya (in a good way) :lol::lol::omghaha:

Such is the feudal mindset of these corrupt votebank pseudo secular leaders.This is a blatant insult to the majority of Indian population.This means that if you are a low level worker at some point in your life then you cannot dream of achieving a high position no matter however hard ans sincerely you work... simply because you are not worth it by default!!!!
Is this the kind of system that we should aspire for in our country???
The choice is clearly yours.......

It's kinda culture shock for those who practice dynastic politics to see Modi's rise from being an ordinary member of an organization to the top echelon. People who don't follow basic rule of democratic norm within their own organisation are trying to preach about democracy to the rest. Hypocrisy at its finest...

It does... It's one thing me & you having an opinion & displaying the same in an anonymous forum. But it's a different thing for a public figure to blatantly repel someone who has enormous public support.

Disagree with you...I have my right to share my opinion irrespective of the fact that i am an anonymous person or some public figure..Just because i am a public figure it doesn't mean my rights should be shelved, no?

Having said that...I don't agree with the notion that both should be stripped off their awards. Nothing but lose talk...
Agreed... this is what i am trying to say....just some loose talk!! 
You're comparing a nobel prize winner with a bollywood singer...

A Bollywood singer who is simply worshiped by almost a billion people(who knows even more)...Yup i agree we are talking about some old grannie who is of no consequence to this world..right??

Mate, you wanna give respect to Mr. Sen i am with you but why trying to suggest she is a lesser women than him? How can you compare professions like this...both are amazing folks who have done amazing things in their respective field...why this idiotic comparison??

So the west is now against priya modiji maharaj? And they started getting ready to sc*ew modi out of his PM prospects 20 years ago (by giving Sen the Nobel?)

The west was against modiJi maharaj since a long time. But now they are against Firangi Ma'm. She was served a notice in Hospital you know. Since Modi is comming to power, the focus of west is shifting to Firangi Ma'm and her son. . Now they are going to Sc*ew Firangi Ma'm and her Rapist son.

:rofl::lol::rofl::rofl:. I don't think they could've guessed when he was born that he would turn out to be one :lol: .
Look- the educated urban Indian or the one settled in the US thinks that there is too much dynastyism in India. But what's the reality? Jaganmohan Reddy, the son of YSR got a following strong enough to start a party of his own in Andhra on the basis of his dead father's clout when he was thrown into jail. The Scindias get votes over generations. Evn the BJP 'Party with a difference' panderingly took in another dimwit called Varun Gandhi to get some of the Gandhi Aura.

It's not the politicians who are scheming to impose dynasties over the people, instead they are just strategizing basis how people think and want. Go 50 Km out of Bangalore to a place called Chikabelapur and you'd not find one person criticizing dynastyism, in fact a candidate comes from a prominent family, it has a sense of certainty to them (known devil).
Else I can tell you there are many many people in the congress today who won't hesitate one bit take out the Nehru Gandhi family if they had a chance. At a personal level I believe that congress is actually run by a top coterie. There is a consistent thinking there that cannot just 'emanate' from one person. She an Italian very well guided by people who have good grasp on ground

Chuitya (in a good way) :lol::lol::omghaha:

Well Like Sandy said, i say why the same people who have very good grasp on ground cant guide the nation? or the guidance is restricted to internal matters of the party?...

I can vouch that many Modi supporters here were once fan of MMS. Here the people I, You interact with dont have a personal vendetta against congress, they are just up against the numerous blunders congress has done under the umbrella of the same 'enlightened' people that has cost the nation hell.

As a tax payer it hurts me, and if it doesnt hurt you then I dont know what to say.. 
We should all vote on qualifications, political acumen, administrative record and rhetoric....
On the flipside, how would you like to rate the decision of incumbent party to promote heir of a gandhi family as a prime ministerial candidate? Given a choice between Rahul Gandhi and Modi" (Which is quite unfortunate), the choice becomes obvious....

Unfortunately there are no primaries where the party can vote for the candidates, if that was the case neither would have made it.

Is there nothing in the constitution for a political party?

@Bang Galore ....pls share your views

Last edited:
@Bang Galore ....pls share your views

Thanks for the shout out but these kinds of discussions go nowhere here. The debate seems completely polarised between the many BJP supporters & the fewer Congress supporters here to a point where everything lands in the gutter within the first few posts. The same kind of intolerance that is shown by certain members of political parties at an dissenting opinion is replicated almost faithfully here too.

As for the opinion on Narendra Modi & Rahul Gandhi, neither are the best their party can offer up. However Modi seems here to stay for now & while RG may or may not be a candidate, I think the Congress would be much better served with Chidambaram as a PM, if they do win. On the BJP side, I would think someone like Manohar Parrikar would have all the positives of Modi without the negative but public perception at this time is backing Modi. Those who oppose Modi completely are very unlikely to vote BJP regardless of who their candidate is, those who will, seem to be on Modi's side even if there is some ambivalence in some quarters. The Congress has lost the economic plot more than a bit in this term and with that gone, they have very little to convince people for another shot which is why they are falling back on their old tricks of populism & pandering. Modi while being on a much sounder economic platform does not come across as being well rounded enough to be a PM, atleast not until now. Maybe that will change but we need to wait & see. The baggage he brings in is not inconsiderable & will bring adverse international attention, atleast in the beginning. However the most distasteful part seems to be a proliferation of his supporters who seem unable to discuss without landing up in the gutter with invectives & personal attacks and an absolute intolerance for dissent (something that one congress supporter here also seems to revel in). We will all be poorer not being able to discuss, appreciate & make allowance for contrary opinions. Vajpayee was a master of that craft (probably the last master), unfortunately, it seems to have gone out with him.

Last edited:
Agreed... this is what i am trying to say....just some loose talk!! 

A Bollywood singer who is simply worshiped by almost a billion people(who knows even more)...Yup i agree we are talking about some old grannie who is of no consequence to this world..right??

Mate, you wanna give respect to Mr. Sen i am with you but why trying to suggest she is a lesser women than him? How can you compare professions like this...both are amazing folks who have done amazing things in their respective field...why this idiotic comparison??

I wasn't comparing professions- I was comparing accomplishment. And yes, the Nobel is greater by a magnitude you can't imagine. If saying sen 'accomplished more' is a equal to saying Lata is a 'granny who has done nothing' then I can't help you there buddy. But yes, I did say Sen accomplished much much more. Whether you like it or not, Nobel is the only true aristocracy left in the world. Either you are there or not there. They frequently screw up in peace but there has been no controversy in places like Physics, Chemistry, Medicine or Economics. Other areas like mathematics have been so overwhelmed by the stature of the Nobel that they have had to match it (not that succesfully) with their own 'nobel equalents' like the fields medal. You're talking about the global priesthood of intellectuals unmatched in stature anywhere. Performing artists on the other hand are considered to have a fleeting impact in comparison- this isn't me, this is how the world is. 
Thanks for the shout out but these kinds of discussions go nowhere here. The debate seems completely polarised between the many BJP supporters & the fewer Congress supporters here to a point where everything lands in the gutter within the first few posts. The same kind of intolerance that is shown by certain members of political parties at an dissenting opinion is replicated almost faithfully here too.

As for the opinion on Narendra Modi & Rahul Gandhi, neither are the best their party can offer up. However Modi seems here to stay for now & while RG may or may not be a candidate, I think the Congress would be much better served with Chidambaram as a PM, if they do win. On the BJP side, I would think someone like Manohar Parrikar would have all the positives of Modi without the negative but public perception at this time is backing Modi. Those who oppose Modi completely are very unlikely to vote BJP regardless of who their candidate is, those who will seem to be on Modi's side even if there is some ambivalence in some quarters. The Congress has lost the economic plot more than a bit in this term and with that gone, they have very little to convince people for another shot which is why they are falling back on their old tricks of populism & pandering. Modi while being on a much sounder economic platform does not come across as being well rounded enough to be a PM, atleast not until now. Maybe that will change but we need to wait & see. The baggage he brings in is not inconsiderable & will bring adverse international attention, atleast in the beginning. However the most distasteful part seems to be a proliferation of his supporters who seem unable todiscuss without landing up in the gutter with invectives & personal attacks and an absolute intolerance for dissent (something that one congress supporters here also seems to revel in). We will all be poorer not being able to discuss, appreciate & make allowance for contrary opinions. Vajpayee was a master of that craft (probably the last master), unfortunately, it seems to have gone out with him.

Actually I wouldn't mind voting if BJP fielded Raman Singh or Nitish Kumar.

Back
Top Bottom