What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

You're being extremely optimistic about BJP's prospects in the South bro. Karnataka is the only State where they can make some substantial seat gains, and mind you, JD(S) is still a force to reckon with in many Southern districts of Karnataka. They'll predictably draw a zilch for themselves and 6-7 seats from DMK/MDMK in Tamil Nadu, will be lucky if they win 1-2 seats in Kerala(still unlikely), and at max hope to gain 10 seats from their TDP alliance in Andhra. Not more than 35 seats from the South for NDA this time, if seen in a more realistic light.

Did i say they are in a position to win more seats in south? Nah, I said they are in better position when compare to earlier elections. Along with Karnataka, in Andhra also they may get good candidates to place in coming elections atleast. The current Congress MP's who are projecting themselves as the fighters for United Andhra (against cong decission) needs a party to contest now in 2014, most of them are in talks with BJP. Even if state division happens, KCR is one of the most selfish, don't get surprise if he supports BJP after poll.

1782376_403063973170883_1665676115_o.jpg

भारत में लोग कांग्रेस को इसलिए वोट करते हैं क्योंकि वो आलोचनाओं को सुनकर लगातार खुद को बेहतर बनाने का प्रयास करती है।यही कारण है कि भारत के वोटरों ने हमेशा आलोचकों को कुचलने वाली फासीवादी ताकतों को हमेशा सत्ता से दूर रखा है और लोकतान्त्रिक कांग्रेस को चुना है।

1506599_10152192161097500_1797540809_n.jpg

Indian National Congress becomes first party of India to choose its Loksabha candidate through ballot. Guwahati and Kolkatta (North) are the first 2 seats. While Kolkatta seat got unopposed elected Guwahati had voting.

Sh. Manash Bora got the maximum votes in#INCprimaries2014 for #Guwahati the vote distribution is attached in picture.
How can no. of votes polled be in 0.5?
This only means some people's vote are worth more than others. Surely this is not democratic because in democracy a PM's vote is equal value as the vote of a chaiwala

@Indischer

It looks people are completely lost interest on AAP. Is it only my perception or what do you think?

A friend of mine had been to Delhi recently(he's a Delhiite & a pakka Jatt :-)). He said that AAP has actually found more support there on the back of their recent antics. But elsewhere, I think they'll struggle big-time. Might still end up with 10-12 seats from Haryana, UP and Delhi combined, you never know. They'll draw a blank in the South and East though, IMO.

You're being extremely optimistic about BJP's prospects in the South bro. Karnataka is the only State where they can make some substantial seat gains, and mind you, JD(S) is still a force to reckon with in many Southern districts of Karnataka. They'll predictably draw a zilch for themselves and 6-7 seats from DMK/MDMK in Tamil Nadu, will be lucky if they win 1-2 seats in Kerala(still unlikely), and at max hope to gain 10 seats from their TDP alliance in Andhra. Not more than 35 seats from the South for NDA this time, if seen in a more realistic light.

Allow me to apologize on behalf on learned South Indians for the retardedness and secularism on display in South India.

Allow me to apologize on behalf on learned South Indians for the retardedness and secularism on display in South India.

You are wrong. Secularism nothing to do in Andhra and Tamilanadu at-least. Political scenario in these 2 states is different. So many local things will play main role in these 2 states, not at all secularism.

You are wrong. Secularism nothing to do in Andhra and Tamilanadu at-least. Political scenario in these 2 states is different.
Thats where retardedness applies. One in the name of some false identity insecurity and another in the name of we dont speak the same dialect.

Please elaborate, i partially got your point.
The Dravidian movement was maybe necessary around Independence. Today it is irrelevant and counter-productive. Tamils feared their language will be killed by Hindi. How many languages in India have been killed by Hindi? Marathi? Bengali? Punjabi? Malayalam? How many cultures have been purged? How many literary lineages have been destroyed? I still read Kailasam and enjoy his plays though I am only a Bangalorean by birth and not ancestry. Similarly great literary works of all languages in India thrive today.

Hence I say false insecurity based on identity. It is counter productive as it confuses the individual on concepts like nationalism. Tamils identify as Tamils first before Indians just like Muslims identify based their religion ahead of the state. Thats why the call for Eelam and all that nonsense.

Now AP - in order to understand what the Telengana issue root cause is, please research why it was unified to start with and why if both areas spoke the same language the two regions were not unified before the SRC recommendations.

Are you from Kerala? If so, are you also a Nair?:ph34r:
I am a Mallu Catholic who has renounced his faith. I follow dharmic principles and not some abrahamic cult/sect.

The Dravidian movement was maybe necessary around Independence. Today it is irrelevant and counter-productive. Tamils feared their language will be killed by Hindi. How many languages in India have been killed by Hindi? Marathi? Bengali? Punjabi? Malayalam? How many cultures have been purged? How many literary lineages have been destroyed? I still read Kailasam and enjoy his plays though I am only a Bangalorean by birth and not ancestry. Similarly great literary works of all languages in India thrive today.

Hence I say false insecurity based on identity. It is counter productive as it confuses the individual on concepts like nationalism. Tamils identify as Tamils first before Indians just like Muslims identify based their religion ahead of the state. Thats why the call for Eelam and all that nonsense.

Now AP - in order to understand what the Telengana issue root cause is, please research why it was unified to start with and why if both areas spoke the same language the two regions were not unified before the SRC recommendations.

I am a Mallu Catholic who has renounced his faith. I follow dharmic principles and not some abrahamic cult/sect.

Interesting! What's it with Bangalore and renouncing one's Religion? :p:

Back
Top Bottom