What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

13095902_1040421042699390_5992128241110932246_n.jpg

Genuinely surprised it took this long for something so basic.

@anant_s

a) is it a bio toilet.
Not sure!
b) whats the schedule for this particular program?
The loco in which toilet is installed is WDG5. RDSO in its design for loco kept this as a basic feature and owing to a long pending demand by loco pilots, who have to endure long shifts without even a loo break. In my mind, this is a basic right of personnel on whom safety of entire train depends. It is proposed to be installed on dual cab WDG 4D as well, which have slightly altered superstructure design.
Anyway here it how it looks on WDG 5.
upload_2016-5-10_9-27-57.png

WDG 5.JPG

PS
Just to appriciate how tough the life can be sometimes for loco pilots, here is an example.
12432 (Hazarat Nizamuddin Trivandrum Rajdhani Express) between Kota and Vadodara has no stop for more than 6.5 hours and a distance of more than 500 kms.
1.png

going behind at a WAP 5 at close to 130 kph with a premier train in tow for such a long time and distance demands great focus by loco crew. Imagine how do these guys manage without even a toilet!

Alstom has offered on board toilet and Food heater for long haul freight locomotives (Twin Prima 2 Units for DFC) same as 2ES5 locomotives for Russia.
upload_2016-5-10_11-2-39.png

upload_2016-5-10_11-3-16.png

@Rain Man @Abingdonboy @PARIKRAMA

Last edited:
The only degree Kejribawal requires is Haryana Police's Third Degree:devil:

But I still think Modi has been far too weak and slow dealing with corruption! He was elected with such a mandate because people were genuinely tired of all the corruption scandals involving seriously big money. If he had been tough on corruption from day one, nobody could have dared to accuse him of being an opportunist. If that meant that the opposition stalled all his bills in Upper House, he could still have been a martyr and reap political benefits to control both houses eventually - thereby allowing himself a chance to push through serious reforms.

Now that it is too late, he is being called an opportunist for pursuing "Choppergate" by everybody even though the charges of corruption against UPA have been substantial and in many cases, proven!
Exactly right, this is an opportunity lost forever I fear. Now those criminals can claim they are being unfairly persecuted with poltical motives and thus no justice will be delivered.

I forsee that is how this entire drama is going to play out- a hell of a lot of screaming, faux outrage and talking heads discussing the matter to death on tv shows but not a SINGLE prosecution, not a single rupee recovered for India's taxpayer and not a single reform delivered.

I heard on the BBC the other day, some British reporter's "analysis" on the matter was that all Modi was doing was "settling old poltical scores" and massaging his huge ego, his motives were not for the betterment of anyone but himself.

When you have this kind of narrative being spouted the battle is already lost.

Alstom has offered on board toilet and Food heater for long haul freight locomotives (Twin Prima 2 Units for DFC) same as 2ES5 locomotives for Russia.
upload_2016-5-10_11-2-39-png.304440

upload_2016-5-10_11-3-16-png.304441

This should not even be a question, the job these loco drivers do is not dissimlar to long haul commercial pilots who get beds, food heating provisions and toilets. If you want the best performance from such induviduals then you need to provide them with such basic ammenities.

+ the double-section Prima-2s the IR has ordered are far more purdy than those 2ES5s :D

KZ8A_small.jpg

If you want the best performance from such induviduals then you need to provide them with such basic ammenities.
Absolutely!
I have had opportunity to footplate on a WAG 5 and trust me ergonomics are really poor. It was only after WAP 5 and WAG 9 arrived, that RDSO gave serious thought to cab design including ventilation. It is only recently that cab AC have been added and given the nature of responsibility, i agree fully that basic facilities are must.
commercial pilots who get beds, food heating provisions and toilets
agree, but dont think IR would agree to provide hostess:D
the double-section Prima-2s the IR has ordered are far more purdy than those 2ES5s
Thats biggest Prima 2 order ever, i'm sure Alstom would provide goodies and significant improvements.

Back
Top Bottom