What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

I had watched this video 2 days back.
For every Owaisi in the country there's a Najma Heptullah and Javed Akhtar.
But I am not sure ppl (Owaisi clan and other such groups) would take Javed Akhtar seriously because he is a self confessed aethist.

I agree although I didn't post this video because a Muslim was being a good politician but because an "Indian" was simply being an Indian. That he is an atheist or Hindu or Muslim or a dalit or brahmin shouldn't enter the equation in the august halls of our Parliament.

Although often I curse and cry over moral bankruptcy of our politicians there are some gems among them who are working within the system to reform it.

Javed Akhtar though may have some latitude because he was making his farewell speech.

And then there are some real BS artists like the author of this article

What Javed Akhtar Is Missing When He Attacks Owaisi

Last edited:
I agree although I didn't post this video because a Muslim was being a good politician but because an "Indian" was simply being an Indian
I will say,he's an Indian who puts his country before his religion.

Although often I curse and cry over moral bankruptcy of our politicians there are some gems among them who are working within the system to reform it.
They are all politicians. Many of them still follow the divide and rule policy of Britishers.
Unfortunately that which makes headlines across the world (atleast in this part of the world where I live )are statements made by Owaisi and likes. They make it sound as if India under the garb of democracy forces its minoriries into saying "Bharat mata ki jai"(something that they associate with Hindus).
Bharat mata ki jai- victory of mother India. What's the harm in saying it?
Jai (victory)?? Is that the word which is objectionable or is it Bharat mata(mother India)?

I am wondering...

Hotel JNU - The Shock Ballad:woot:

On a dark Delhi highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of beef pakoras, rising up in the air

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a candle march
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night

There he stood on the campus
The bearded comrade yelled
And I was thinking to myself,
“This must be JNU, Commie academic Hell”

Then he scratched his beard and showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel JNU
Such a leftist place (Such a leftist place)
Such a leftist face
Plenty of sedition at the Hotel JNU
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Their thoughts are totally Marxist, but they want a Mercedes Benz
They got a lot of ugly, hirsute comrades they call friends
How they shout in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some shout for azaadi, some for India’s death.

So I called up the krantikaari comrade,
And said, “Please show me some national pride”
He said, “We haven’t had that feeling here since nineteen sixty nine”

And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel JNU
Such a leftist place (Such a leftist place)
Such a leftist face
Plenty of sedition at the Hotel JNU
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Kiss of love on the campus,
Mahishasur worship so nice
And he said “We are all just freeloaders here, living off the tax device”
And in the professor’s chambers,
We gather for the feast
Free food, cheap rooms
Oh, how we love this subsidized beast,

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the India I was before

“Relax,” said the Comrade,
“We are programmed to receive.
You can enrol any time you like,
But no one ever leaves!”

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

source --- Now Going Viral: Welcome to the Hotel JNU And Win Prizes Too! - Swarajya

Last edited:
I agree although I didn't post this video because a Muslim was being a good politician but because an "Indian" was simply being an Indian. That he is an atheist or Hindu or Muslim or a dalit or brahmin shouldn't enter the equation in the august halls of our Parliament.

Javed Akhtar though may have some latitude because he was making his farewell speech.

And then there are some real BS artists like the author of this article

What Javed Akhtar Is Missing When He Attacks Owaisi
Beautiful speech by Javed saheb, thanks for posting this here @Spectre .Shivam Vij is one of those Left-Liberal media guys out there. I think I once read an article from how on how extreme nationalism is dangerous

I dislike his(Javed Akhtar) stand on some issues & the way he views the RW,
But compared to most other people of his category(we are secular,liberal & atheist etc gang) . I believe he is among the few who firmly believes in the principles of liberalism & atheism & is truly secular. Or you could say he is more true to such teachings than the others.
[Though I dislike the way he abuses RWers on twitter]

He's a good lyricist too :P . Sad to hear that his time in the Rajya Sabha is over.

There should be more Politicians & people like Javed Sahib coming & speaking out in public(from the Muslim Community)!! That would teach the MIM a lesson.
Though the chances of such stuff happening in Hyderabad is very less.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Marxist @mooppan
Church seeks explanation from member for marrying a Hindu - Times of India

Church seeks explanation from member for marrying a Hindu

Kochi: Stirring up a controversy, the Irinjalakuda diocese of the Catholic Church has sought an explanation from one of its members for marrying a Hindu woman.

Benny Thommana belonging to the St Joseph's Church at Oorakam had married Lija Jayasudhan 10 years ago. The couple follow their respective religions.

But Benny was in for a shocker when he got a letter from the diocese in March 2016, seeking an explanation for marrying against the sacraments of the church. He was asked to appear before a special administrative tribunal of the church.

The marriage was registered under the Special Marriage Act on February 7, 2005. "I have not done anything against the law. We are being threatened. We want to lead a peaceful life," said Benny.

It all began six months ago when the parish vicar, Fr Pauly Padayatty, came to bless the house. "He insisted that my wife and children should get baptized," said Benny. "Following this, we got calls from the Bishop's House. I won't appear before the tribunal. There is no question of conversion. Our children will choose their religion when they grow up."

However, Fr Padayatty said the church records all events under it like baptism, funeral and marriage. "The tribunal calling him is a spiritual activity. We don't ask anyone to convert," he added.

On why the church took so long, Fr Padayatty said, "The family had kept the marriage under wraps." He added that if Benny is under the Catholic Church, he has to follow the sacraments of the church.

Benny's father is no more. His mother, Rejina, is a member of the parish's Catholic Mothers' Union
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I condemned VHP guys when they did something like this to some other family & I will condemn the Church on this too.

Kudos to Benny for sticking up for his family & not forcing his wife & kids to convert :) . We need more people like him in this nation!!

@Nair saab U once had a Christian gf right ? :P

Last edited:
@Zebra @vayuputhra @JanjaWeed
HAHAHA =D =D :rofl: :rofl:

Power cuts twice during Karnataka CM's speech. I hope the Power minister doesn't file a case against the CM when he talks to him about this. :P
8631_1405134476178934_3670275404798198732_n.jpg

Comment on FB:-
This is Stunning Example of how is Karnataka Government is working Currently!!

It's a joke & such a ridiculous..
Chief Minister of Such a Big State, Presenting Budget in State Assembly in the Capital City of the State and no power!!
Horrible..

Even a Budget Hotel in Bangalore will be all very well equipped to handle power cuts.. They'll be well prepared with UPS / Generators!!
And look at this..
Such a poor Management & Administration skills
---------------
12308612_1159195000805923_5015323581088500593_n.jpg

This is going to sooooo much fun.
Wonder what happens in case of hung assembly?!!

Both these parties would rather ally with each other than ally with BJP, like how they are doing in WB.

Just wondering what would happen if BJP manages to increase it's vote share by another 5-10 percent this election!?

I think 5 years down the line, BJP will replace left as the main opposition.
Left in India is dead, these are the last gasps of a dying dinosaur.

Liberals ka halat kharab hojayega abhi if Yamuna springs back to life.

Ecozymes turn out to be boon for polluted Yamuna

Yamuna can regain its glory if enzyme treatment is administered into the river. Marked changes were noticed by the environmentalists after enzyme was poured into the Barapulla drain during the World Culture Festival (WCF) organised on Yamuna floodplains by Art of Living (AOL).

A project to clean Barapullah drain was undertaken in October through Ecozymes, an agro based product developed by Dr Rosukon in Thailand with green kitchen waste and brown sugar and adopted by the AOL for cleaning environment. It contains proteins, carbohydrates, fats and high energy with ‘pH Value (pH is a measure of how acidic/basic water is) around 3 and the reports have been approved by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), Government of India.

Environment experts say that through bioremediation process (solvents are prepared and then poured into the river for cleaning), polluted Yamuna can be revived. Not only the 21 kilometre stretch of Yamuna but drains passing through the various areas of the national Capital can also be converted into green natural water bodies, they added.

Gopal Krishan, an environmentalist with Anti-Toxic Watch Alliance (ATWA) said that this scientific experiment merits attention because other researchers can put those enzymes in stretches other than Barapullah drain to compare the results to ascertain its effectiveness. If it indeed makes a change in the water quality without any adverse impact, it can be helpful in cleaning Yamuna and other water bodies too.

Krishan further said, “If the volunteers of Art of Living (AOL) took samples of water from the Yamuna before and after few days of enzyme treatment and found marked difference in the quality of water, AOL should share its findings for further work in this regard”.

Explaining the remedy to clean drains and the polluted river Yamuna, S Dhavan, Senior worker of AOL’s Chandigrah centre told The Pioneer, “Ecozyme is with a mixture of brown sugar, fruit and vegetable peels and water. The mixture was poured in the Barapullah drain and some part of the Yamuna. Econzyme is in fact amino acids, considered to be good agent of cleaning,” said Dhavan.

It may be noted that Delhi has 22 drains carrying 2,500 million litres of waste and polluted water into Yamuna River daily including Barapullah drain originates near Ashoka Hotel in New Delhi and flows through Lakshmi Bai Nagar, Defence Colony, Lajpat Nagar, Sarai Kale Khan, Barapullah and merges into Yamuna River. All these drains emit deadly gases and cause nauseating stench.

It is very weird that someone like Javed Akhtar, whom I admire without reserve, should take the side of the crude, boorish ethno-nationalists, and someone like Asaduddin Owaisi, who veers dangerously close to the fringe on many occasions, should take an ethically purer stand.

When the British marched out of Yorktown in surrender to the Continental Army, the tune they played was "The World Turned Upside Down".

Back
Top Bottom