What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

It is very weird that someone like Javed Akhtar, whom I admire without reserve, should take the side of the crude, boorish ethno-nationalists, and someone like Asaduddin Owaisi, who veers dangerously close to the fringe on many occasions, should take an ethically purer stand.

When the British marched out of Yorktown in surrender to the Continental Army, the tune they played was "The World Turned Upside Down".

He is much more intelligent than you

He supports the Congress which opposes Owaissi
And if Congress does nt support this demand of Boorish ethno- nationalists
it will further erode itself

Being a boorish ethno nationalist is much better than being a Anti nationalist
and anarchist like what the JNU types are

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
12308164_1074630492559707_3490096410988256327_o.jpg

Being a boorish ethno nationalist is much better than being a Anti nationalist
and anarchist like what the JNU types are

Well said mate.

When ever I read some of the sickular posts here, I swear they sound exactly like something Mani Shankar Iyer would say. And boy do I hate that guy. That's "bramhanical Tyranny" right there :D

@Joe Shearer

The Boorish Ethno Nationalists are GAINING ground in
Sickular states of West Bengal ; Assam and Kerala

And also in Telangana ( since you live In Hyderabad ) :lol:

That is Owaissi's biggest Fear

In fact he was opposed to the creation of Telangana because he knew BJP would gain
when Telangana is formed

In fact he was opposed to the creation of Telangana because he knew BJP would gain
when Telangana is formed
I thought it would help him as now his value rises in a smaller state. The value of each MLA and MP rises dramatically in a smaller state than a larger one.

His captive votebank's value also rises in a smaller state.

I thought it would help him as now his value rises in a smaller state. The value of each MLA and MP rises dramatically in a smaller state than a larger one.

His captive votebank's value also rises in a smaller state.

In the Unified AP There were two major Parties
TDP and Congress

Then came YSR congress

So Congress Split AP to remain relevant

Now in Telangana ; TRS is one party and Congress is Another

But the total number of seats is small ; just 119

Now In future TRS and BJP will come together against the Congress

Or BJP alone can do better

In a 294 member assembly ; it is difficult to get a majority

In small states it is easier for a party to come to power

Even in Telangana ; Muslim popoulation is just 15 % ; that too concentrated in and around
Hyderabad

So Owaissi ' importance is far less than BJP 's importance in a future coalition with TRS

And even independently BJP 's prospects are better in Telangana

It is very weird that someone like Javed Akhtar, whom I admire without reserve, should take the side of the crude, boorish ethno-nationalists, and someone like Asaduddin Owaisi, who veers dangerously close to the fringe on many occasions, should take an ethically purer stand.

When the British marched out of Yorktown in surrender to the Continental Army, the tune they played was "The World Turned Upside Down".

In times like this it does well to remind oneself that ethics are not binary. I agree that in terms of iron clad ethics Owaisi may be on right side but we cannot afford to be divided by thin red lines. The subjective fog of patriotism blurs the lines sometimes wrong can be right when one looks from the "right"

Back
Top Bottom