What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

@Tridibans @IndoCarib @Echo_419

If you ask me Modi has fullfiled his destiny - anti hindus have been roted out for good.RaGa won't be PM anytime soon - no power for maino.Even if a coalition manages to defeat Modi in 2019 Cong will still remain a secondary player- Kejri is an agnostic but not anti Hindu neither is Nitish even Mulayam is a closet Hindutvawadi .Down south TRS does appease Muslims for votes but not anti Hindu.TDP neutral , Amma doesn't care.Only anti hindus left are TMC and commies

The more vocal and supportive people are for incidents like JNU the more exposed they stand. Good for us in long term :)

If you ask me Modi has fullfiled his destiny - anti hindus have been roted out for good.RaGa won't be PM anytime soon - no power for maino.Even if a coalition manages to defeat Modi in 2019 Cong will still remain a secondary player- Kejri is an agnostic but not anti Hindu neither is Nitish even Mulayam is a closet Hindutvawadi .Down south TRS does appease Muslims for votes but not anti Hindu.TDP neutral , Amma doesn't care.Only anti hindus left are TMC and commies

A simple fact..... BJP is coming to power in 2019 :agree::agree: Will explain in details tomorrow....

To have an non-NDA govt. in 2019, BJP has to have less than 175 seats..... impossible if you ask me

Especially when even after all shots have been fired, BJD are still non-aligned (read proxy NDA) and talks are on with AIADMK for TN assemble alliance

Worst case scenario will be BJP gets 200 odd seats and allies help it reach 280 odd..... Just analyse Bihar and Delhi.... BJP is still 25% VS in Bihar .... In Delhi, it managed 38% even when Kejri was at his peal ... so all is not lost :tup:

When all these players you mentioned come together and form anti modi alliance and get to form the next govt, then they have no option to but be antihindu

I am sorry, I supported Modi for his development agenda. He did not tell me that his goal was to create a majoritarian fascist state. I don't want India to be a Hindu version of Pakistan. I can't support that and I am not a leftist/communist. At the same time I acknowledge that the so called "secular parties" of India have been running a minority appeasment policy for decades. But I don't see a right wing Hindu oa to be a solution to that. That is even more dangerous.

That's the picture the opposition is trying to paint, that India is getting polarized under BJP and Modi, doesn't make it true. Were people not arrested on sedition charges during Congress's rule , were there no communal riots in Congress's rule, were there no student protests during Congress's rule? What exactly has changed in India post 2014.

Its not the government, rather the people who are speaking up and taking a tough stand. This whole JNU issue and outrage that followed was very spontaneous and essentially fanned up by common people using social media as a platform. People have a right to feel outraged don't they? And if the people have a grievance, a genuine grievance, the Government will have to step in, otherwise the opposition will accuse them of not taking action! Damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

BJP was voted in for a reason right? Yes Modi fought the election on the development plank, but he has been delivering on that front has he not? But development wasn't the only reason he was voted in for, now was it? As you mentioned earlier people were sick and tired of the minority appeasement policy of the successive Congress governments, the majority wanted their voice to be heard and they gave Modi the mandate. I mean its not like he is misusing that mandate to oppress people or anything. These leftist scum did raise anti India slogans, and that according to the law of the land is a punishable offence. What exactly has the Government done wrong here which would made you fault them?

If there is anyone to blame for the polarization of the society, its the Congressis and the Leftists, what you are seeing today is just the backlash. Enough is enough, we have tolerated these parasites for more than half a century, why should we anymore.

That's the picture the opposition is trying to paint, that India is getting polarized under BJP and Modi, doesn't make it true. Were people not arrested on sedition charges during Congress's rule , were there no communal riots in Congress's rule, were there no student protests during Congress's rule? What exactly has changed in India post 2014.

Its not the government, rather the people who are speaking up and taking a tough stand. This whole JNU issue and outrage that followed was very spontaneous and essentially fanned up by common people using social media as a platform. People have a right to feel outraged don't they? And if the people have a grievance, a genuine grievance, the Government will have to step in, otherwise the opposition will accuse them of not taking action! Damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

BJP was voted in for a reason right? Yes Modi fought the election on the development plank, but he has been delivering on that front has he not? But development wasn't the only reason he was voted in for, now was it? As you mentioned earlier people were sick and tired of the minority appeasement policy of the successive Congress governments, the majority wanted their voice to be heard and they gave Modi the mandate. I mean its not like he is misusing that mandate to oppress people or anything. These leftist scum did raise anti India slogans, and that according to the law of the land is a punishable offence. What exactly has the Government done wrong here which would made you fault them?

If there is anyone to blame for the polarization of the society, its the Congressis and the Leftists, what you are seeing today is just the backlash. Enough is enough, we have tolerated these parasites for more than half a century, why should we anymore.

He raised a good point in the other thread that no action is taken against umar khalid or any other kashmirir student because bjpdoes not want to spoil its relation with PDP while kanhaiya was arrested immediately because he is anti ABVP.

He raised a good point in the other thread that no action is taken against umar khalid or any other kashmirir student because bjpdoes not want to spoil its relation with PDP while kanhaiya was arrested immediately because he is anti ABVP.

Umar Khalid is not a Kashmiri. Kanhaiya was arrested because he was the leader, rest will be arrested soon.

@jaunty

Again that is the Congress's version of the story. I think Kanhaiya was arrested because he is the student leader who called for the Afzhal event. Umar Khalid is next.

Delhi police search for more students in JNU sedition row - Livemint

Delhi police chief B.S. Bassi said his officers were searching for other students who took part in the rally at the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in the capital.

“Many people participated in the rally that day. We have identified the ring leaders and a search is on to find them. I am confident they will be arrested soon,” Bassi, who has defended Kumar’s arrest, told reporters

Umar Khalid is not a Kashmiri. Kanhaiya was arrested because he was the leader, rest will be arrested soon.

@jaunty
Ok but why only kanhaiya why not umar khalid ? Both should be slapped with sedition no

Again that is the Congress's version of the story. I think Kanhaiya was arrested because he is the student leader who called for the Afzhal event. Umar Khalid is next.

Delhi police search for more students in JNU sedition row - Livemint

Delhi police chief B.S. Bassi said his officers were searching for other students who took part in the rally at the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) in the capital.

“Many people participated in the rally that day. We have identified the ring leaders and a search is on to find them. I am confident they will be arrested soon,” Bassi, who has defended Kumar’s arrest, told reporters
Almost 8 days man. Dont you think its a bit late considering how fast kanhaiya was arrested.

The masks have fallen off the likes of Rajdeep and Barkha.

Why Indian media is against Arnab but India isn’t

ndian media’s dislike for Arnab Goswami, Times Now’s thundering Editor is well known. There have been many subtle media campaigns by channels like NDTV and CNN-IBN (e.g.s sense over sensationalism) trying to counter Arnab’s style of vociferous, over the top news anchoring. The reason till now was simple: Arnab just got much better TRPs. Much, much better.

Now, Indian media-persons have found a new reason to hate Arnab, and hate him viciously: He was one of the few anchors, and thus Times Now was one of the few TV news channels, to take a strong stance against the JNU anti-nationals. Every other channel took much much softer stands against the JNU sloganeering. Their stands, were clear from their editors’ tweets:

But Arnab went the other way. Every day his panel discussion was about trashing all such arguments in favour of the slogans like “Bharat Ki Barbaadi” and “Bharat tere tukde honge”. His video which slammed Umar Khalid and gang has been viral on social media for days.

Why did he do it? Arnab Goswami is a hard character to judge.

Is he a BJP supporter? Not if you see his relentless tirade (perhaps the strongest) against Sushma Swaraj during the Lalit Modi issue.

Is he a “Right-Winger” who is not necessarily with BJP, but more with the cause? His debates questioning the practices of barring women in Hindu temples ought to suggest he is not.

Is he then a “Nationalist”, for taking up a pro-India stance in every debate which gives him a chance to do so? (e.g.s every debate with Pakistan on the other side). Probably.

One might very well argue that he is just TRP hungry and hence he chooses to be a “nationalist”, and to an extent that might be true. But studying his stances across debates, no one can say he is not a “nationalist”.

And that’s what has irked many from his fraternity. Take a look at one of the “sly” tweets by his colleague Barkha Dutt, after his anti anti-nationals stand was clear:

The likes of Barkha were shocked. They suddenly realised how Arnab had beaten them completely. What the TRP ratings had been saying for long, was now much more visible. And this was caused them to raise the pitch against Arnab.

Soon, came the utterly shameful alleged attack on journalists by the Patiala court lawyers and a BJP MLA O P Sharma. Violence against anyone can never be excused, even less so by lawmakers and law practitioners. The left liberal media was deeply uncomfortable in holding these debates over the JNU issue because they couldn’t openly slam JNU and yet they couldn’t back them fully either. These lawless lawyers provided the perfect escape route for this section of the media. Once the incident at Patiala House played out, the narrative in these channels changed from JNU sloganeering to Lawless lawyers and attack on media.

While the likes of Barkha Dutt, Nidhi Razdan, Rajdeep Sardesai changed their debate direction, Arnab held on to his old stance of anti anti-nationals. This further incensed the Left Liberal group. Eventually, Arnab even skipped the solidarity rally taken out by media persons, against the lawless lawyers. Apparently Arnab was attending to his ailing father, but such nuances are lost on “moral compass” wielding journalists:

And now, thanks to all the above escalations, things have reached to a hilarious situation where Leftist rags are suggesting people should Boycott Arnab. Of course, till a few months back boycotts were “communal” (read Boycott Dilwale).

What did this result in? A hashtag: #IndiaWithArnab, which was trending at number 1 on Twitter.

And guess who were using this hashtag? “Bhakts”, or right-wingers, who have abused Arnab in the past (and will surely abuse in the future too). In fact even as they were trending this hashtag, Arnab was reportedly bashing BJP. So what explains this?

Arnab is with India, hence India is with Arnab stupid! As I had said in a tweet earlier, the “Bhakti” of the “Bhakts” lies with India and whoever/whatever they perceive, at that moment, to be beneficial to India. And Arnab fits that criteria. He may go anti-BJP, anti-Hinduism, anti-Right Wing very soon, but the so called “Bhakts” will support him when he takes up the cause of the nation.

What should the Left Liberal media draw out of this entire episode? They have lost the pulse of the nation completely. This is reflected in multiple interactions but they just refuse to see this. Their TRPs are falling, their twitter mentions are almost always filled by abuse. Now they are getting abused by lawyers in person! Abuse is wrong (although it is covered under Freedom of Expression), but the Leftist media-persons need to introspect why are they getting this abuse.

Talk to any average India, see your whatsapp groups, most people are incensed about the anti-national slogans in JNU. On the other hand the likes of Rajdeep and Barkha have tried their best to defend the accused. And the public also knows that these defences are not from their love for free speech. Sagarika has openly batted for restrictions on free speech in the past, Barkha has sued bloggers. Most glaringly, these so called crusaders of free speech were silent when Kamlesh Tiwari was arrested and charged with NSA. These are just positions taken by these star anchors to suit their ideological biases. And now, the average Indian is slowly waking upto this.

Arnab Goswami may still be a “nationalist” by convenience, convenience which high TRPs afford him, and that mask is yet to fall, but the masks have fallen off the likes of Rajdeep and Barkha.

Why Indian media is against Arnab but India isn’t

Tension in Jadavpur over tearing posters of RADICALS - Bengali News

Guys please watch this complete video.... Todays scene at Jadavpur Universtity in Kolkata

I am proud to call myself a Bengali Nationalist today.... :partay:

The pro-Indian students (who outnumber the commies/ antinational jihadists of yesterday's march in Jadavpur University 9 to 1) today raised slogans 'Bharat Mata ki Jai" "Gali Gali me shor hai Bharat desh Humara hai" and thrashed and tore apart pro-Jihadists banners and posters

BTW the first poster that they are removing says something like "Hindu Terrorists etc etc" :mad::hitwall:

They should have punched the jihady lady and her friends when they were stopping them from raising pro-India slogans

@ranjeet @magudi @Marxist @Levina @Nair saab
Hats off to them.
It's high time the moderates woke up from their slumber in support of their nation, or get ready to become the next Pakistan.

Ok but why only kanhaiya why not umar khalid ? Both should be slapped with sedition no

Almost 8 days man. Dont you think its a bit late considering how fast kanhaiya was arrested.

Muslim ko pakarte to communal kehlate, OBC-SC se kisi ko pakarte to anti-Dalit, so why not start with a forward caste Hindu, no one will have anything to say, oh wait nah now they are trying to portray it as anti-poor since Kanhaiya father is a poor farmer.

Jokes aside, him being the student union president and being actively involved, was held responsbile for this. Umar Khalid and a few others have also gone missing and the police is looking for them.

Isn't Khalid is on the run? so is 4 others whom kanhaiyya named, raids were conducted across the country. Also like Roybot said khalid not a kashmiri there's a video where he himself says he's not a Kashmiri but wants to fight for the freedom of Kashmiri and no Marxist can support Indian occupation of Kashmir

Don't get mislead by this kanhaiyya guys 'We're nationalists video' it was recorded on 10 Feb after he was involved in organizing previous day's anti india event (acc. to Delhi police) and realized things have gone out of his hand @Pumba

Don't get mislead by this kanhaiyya guys 'We're nationalists video' it was recorded on 10 Feb after he was involved in organizing previous day's anti india event (acc. to Delhi police) and realized things have gone out of his hand @Pumba

Back
Top Bottom