What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

:lol:. PK wanted a cabinet post, modi said no..

Regardless of whether that was true or not, does it not follow that he has a right to expect that his services would be rewarded? You need to use such talent, if not as a minister or a substantial party post, Modi should have found something suitable for the guy. It is not about whether Nitesh actually pulls this off with this guy's help,however it is pretty clear that Nitesh has run an excellent campaign with him by his side. That's a talent that should find an outlet.

Regardless of whether that was true or not, does it not follow that he has a right to expect that his services would be rewarded? You need to use such talent, if not as a minister or a substantial party post, Modi should have found something suitable for the guy. It is not about whether Nitesh actually pulls this off with this guy's help,however it is pretty clear that Nitesh has run an excellent campaign with him by his side. That's a talent that should find an outlet.

Pure Speculation, we don't know what happened what was offered to him and why he went. He wanted a Cabinet post, Modi said no, other than that we are not sure. It may be BJP's fault or it could be PK's fault for thinking way to highly of himself. Lets not place blame purely on speculation and guesses.

I am curious, what did you find "excellent" in his campaign ? because i sure can't, Lalu has done much better and attracted far more crowds than Nitish has. As for PK's usefulness, we will see on 8th November. IF MGB does not manage 100+ seats, then PK is incompetant.

How did this happen then in the 1940s? This fraud?

As story goes, Indira Gandhi married a Parsi named Firoz Gandhy. Congress has perpetuated this rumor that Firoz Gandhy was nominally adopted by M.K. Gandhi before their marriage, but I suspect, in reality , Indira Gandhi in all her shrewedness looked at her surname and though that Gandhi -> Gandhy => Potato -> patato , and changed her surname to Gandhi for greater legitimacy and for reaping electoral benefits. After all, that senile Gandhi was dead before IG started her political career properly in second general elections, so he could not refute her claims. And with literacy rate in India being 7%, and even those 7% being congressis along with lack on any opposition meant that this monkey business is going on even today.

Pure Speculation, we don't know what happened what was offered to him and why he went. He wanted a Cabinet post, Modi said no, other than that we are not sure. It may be BJP's fault or it could be PK's fault for thinking way to highly of himself.

I am curious, what did you find "excellent" in his campaign ? because i sure can't, Lalu has done much better and attracted far more crowds than Nitish has...

Getting crowds isn't the job description of the guy, it is both about managing & projecting his candidate that he has done quite effectively.

My point is far more simple, a good leader must both be able to identify & then retain talent. Sure, some of them will have unrealistic expectation but someone like Modi should have been able to manage to retain this guy. I have no particular interest in this guy per se, more with either the lack of understanding the need for retaining talent or simply not being interested to use it beyond a particular purpose. He could have been given a post in the BJP (I'm sure someone could have come up with a good sounding post) and kept him with Amit Shah. Everyone wants something, that is how life is.

Attracting crowds isn't the job description of the guy, it is both about managing & projecting his candidate that he has done quite effectively.

Attracting crowds is as important, and the ability of the local candidate and the projecting candidate to bring in crowds for the Rally also shows their effectiveness and how successful they are with the people.

My point is far more simple, a good leader must both be able to identify & then retain talent. Sure, some of them will have unrealistic expectation but someone like Modi should have been able to manage to retain this guy. I have no particular interest in this guy per se, more with either the lack of understanding the necessity for retaining talent or simply not being interested to use it beyond a particular purpose. He could have been given a post in the BJP (I'm sure someone could have come up with a good sounding post) and kept him with Amit Shah. Everyone wants something, that is how life is.

We do not know on what grounds PK left except for asking for a Cabinet post(all over twitter), so there is really no point in speculation on who is at fault here. As for his talent, we will see on Nov 8th and see if he was worth retaining.

Sab exit poll me esa hi hoga sayad ek do me bjp ko jitaye ...

expect MGB winning in most exit polls, if NDA has done well in 3rd and 4th phases as reported then victory is certain.

As story goes

But what is the "story" in it?

It is open knowledge who she married.

The only thing, if at all, one might quibble about is the change of the spelling of the name from Gandhy to Gandhi.

But as any Parsi would tell you, it happens all the time. Since it is the first names that are still Persian, but the surnames are adopted Indianized ones based on profession, trade, place of origin, or social standing.

So for a Parsi (or his bride), Gandhy/Gandhi would truly be a potato/potaato situation.

Especially if it helped.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom