What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Nothing to do with Rahul, his main tussle is with Tarun Gogoi and it went on for a couple years. Himanta was the right hand man of Gogoi for many years and he was naturally the next in line for the CM post after Tarun Gogoi but then Tarun Gogoi's son entered politics (in fact he is an MP now) and he was probably seen as a successor of Gogoi and that set the alarm bells ringing for Himanta. Himanta is a very shrewd man and has high ambitions. So I will wait and see how his relationship with BJP works out.

I am quiet sure he also blamed Rahul and his inability to listen to him... there was an article on it

I am quiet sure he also blamed Rahul and his inability to listen to him... there was an article on it

And you expected him to tell you the real reason? :lol:

Just yesterday's news, Himanta saw it coming ages ago.

Assam minister names Tarun Gogoi’s son as CM candidate for 2016 assembly polls | The Indian Express

BTW he did complain to Congress high command about Gogoi but his pleas were rejected. So his point on Rahul may not be entirely false but his main concern was what I told you before, everyone knows that in Assam.

Last edited:
i would not hold my breath for today's exit polls, i expect polls to have all sorts of resulting ranging from 60-170 for NDA

Can Pappu Yadav and Owaisi play spoiler for JDU and gang?

The gossip among my friends in the media who have access to exit poles is that JDU would pull it off comfortably

Biswas has blamed Rahul, ill try to look for that article.

His name is not Biswas and Rahul is not the main reason why he had issues in the first place. He did go to the high command against Gogoi but he did not get anything there. So yes if the Congress high command had ruled in his favor (against Gogoi) he would have stayed in Congress. But the main issue was with Gogoi, it went on for at least 2 years.

His name is not Biswas and Rahul is not the main reason why he had issues in the first place. He did go to the high command against Gogoi but he did not get anything there. So yes if the Congress high command had ruled in his favor (against Gogoi) he would have stayed in Congress. But the main issue was with Gogoi, it went on for at least 2 years.

Its really Congress's fault then, they want "Yes men". they do not like popular leaders. Hemanta Biswa running Assam would have made him popular with both the MLA's and the people there. His internal conflict with gogoi is important but its is the failure of the Congress high command in dealing with this and not heading to a person who was responsible for winning elections in Assam.

CTCZlo3WwAAtYvl.jpg

Jinnah was Ambassador of Hindu Muslim Unity ? Isse mental hospital mai bhej do...

Its really Congress's fault then, they want "Yes men". they do not like popular leaders. Hemanta Biswa running Assam would have made him popular with both the MLA's and the people there. His internal conflict with gogoi is important but its is the failure of the Congress high command in dealing with this and not heading to a person who was responsible for winning elections in Assam.

Yes you could say that it was a failure of the Congress HC. They should have been able to assuage him.

Back
Top Bottom