What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Contact Resident Commissioners Before Entering State Bhavans: Delhi Police’s Circular To Cops
Press Trust Of India | New Delhi

Under attack for “breach of protocol” in connection with the Kerala House episode, Delhi Police has issued a circular asking officials to contact the Resident Commissioners of state bhavans, in case of situations requiring preventive action.

The circular issued by the Delhi police on Wednesday noted that the officials who went enquiring for beef at Kerala House here “did not establish liaison with the Resident Commissioner or his representative, while securing the place and making enquiries”.

The circular, signed by Senior Special Commissioner of Police (Law & Order) further stated, “Henceforth, whenever any occasion/situation arises and preventive or other action is required at any of the State Bhawans, efforts should also be made to contact the Resident Commissioner or his representative.”

“Where delay can result in any commission of crime or escalate law and order problem or damage to life and property, appropriate legal action should be initiated without any delay.

“In such situations, assistance of the Resident Commissioner or his representative should be obtained at the first opportunity,” the circular added.

The communication was issued hours after Hindu Sena chief Vishnu Gupta was detained — and later arrested yesterday–for breaching peace and tranquillity of an area, said a senior official.

Gupta had allegedly made a false complaint that beef was being served at the Kerala house canteen.

Police Commissioner B S Bassi had later said that they were contemplating action under Section 182 of IPC against Gupta for the “false complaint”.

Delhi Police had come under the attack from various quarters, including the Kerala government, for failing to contact the Resident Commissioner before they “raided” the Kerala House canteen.

The police maintained that it wasn’t a raid, but just an enquiry, which they claimed was under the law of the land.

Contact Resident Commissioners Before Entering State Bhavans: Delhi Police’s Circular To Cops | News World India

SNAFU

Yem Kay Stalin, paarfaarmance naarmal.

Aiyoo yenna Cricketing skillz paaru....

Might be better than some of the current batsmen in Yindian lineup these days ;)

Ganesh Chathurthi wish ,Temples ,Hindu votes ,Cricket ,Football What kind of image he is trying to build ? will he be successful in new avtar ?

19anupam-kher1.jpg

Anupam Kher went Dr Dang on Secular's @ss on IBN 7 just now.

Bhai youtube pe video aate hi link post kar diyo

Ganesh Chathurthi wish ,Temples ,Hindu votes ,Cricket ,Football What kind of image he is trying to build ? will he be successful in new avtar ?

I think he is under immense pressure from his old man to make it to the big political league ASAP....DMK is suffering badly to regain any significant popularity without attempting some last ditch efforts like these....but I don't think they will succeed.

They are preparing for when Kalaignar is not around anymore and probably hoping for fresh start with BJP if Amma doesn't...but BJP is too smart for them, they will not ally with these crooks ever again.

Whether DMK gets voted again will be the test if Tamil politics has matured intellectually.

K. Basu has really started to age physically.

I think he is under immense pressure from his old man to make it to the big political league ASAP....DMK is suffering badly to regain any significant popularity without attempting some last ditch efforts like these....but I don't think they will succeed.

They are preparing for when Kalaignar is not around anymore and probably hoping for fresh start with BJP if Amma doesn't...but BJP is too smart for them, they will not ally with these crooks ever again.

Whether DMK gets voted again will be the test if Tamil politics has matured intellectually.

K. Basu has really started to age physically.

So election will be exciting as DMK is preparing to give a fight...Heard that rumor Interest is from DMK side,But i think BJP will stick with DMDK

Watched punya prasoon vajpayee grill Nitin Gadkari on AajTak some time back. The way he asked questions being openly hostile to BJP and blabbering about hindu, hindu rashtra. I almost threw my discarded chappal at the tv. Gotta hand it to gadkari, how he handled him with a smiling face.
Gadkari is totally fake but still he has some uses.

Return of awards just a ‘show’: Ex-Isro chief Madhavan Nair

Eminent space scientist G Madhavan Nair on Thursday disapproved the return of awards by scientists and writers and called their action a mere “show”.

Around 40 writers and 12 filmmakers have returned their state awards in protest against the “growing intolerance in the country” and the murders of Kannada writer and Sahitya Akademi Award winner MM Kalburgi and anti-superstition activists Narendra Dabholkar and Govind Pansare.

The lynching of a 55-year-old Muslim man, Mohammad Ikhlaq, by a mob in Bisada village of Uttar Pradesh last month following rumours that he slaughtered a calf triggered a wave of protests against attacks on freedom of choice.

Nair, the former chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) said in a large country like India, “a few incidents can happen” for which the government of the day “cannot” be held responsible.

He expressed the view that awards are mostly given to people for their life-time achievements and “you cannot belittle that (by returning them). The individuals should be proud that the nation has honoured them and that (award) stays with them until they leave this world.”

Returning the award neither helps the government nor the individual, he told PTI.

“There could be some political agenda (in returning the awards). It cannot be ruled out. There is always some people following some philosophy or the other. There could be some political motives also behind that,” Nair claimed, responding to a question on timing of their move.

“I think this whole issue is being over-hyped in the sense that in a large country like India there could be some incidents happening at some place or the other which may not be liked by most of the people,” said Nair, a Padma Vibhushan awardee.

“But because of the large publicity through electronic media and also through social media, it spreads like wildfire.

Matured people like scientists and writers should not react like this; they should respond constructively

“If there are some elements who are not falling in line with societal norms and misbehaving, we should make them aware and bring them back to the mainstream rather than making a show out of the whole thing,” Nair said.

Maintaining that the action of returning awards “only creates news for one day” and serves no purpose, the renowned scientist said what one could do is to talk to the “concerned people”, convince them and bring them back to “normal stream”.

“And then we can say we have done something for the society. We have to be pro-active and take corrective action rather that making such....I will say it’s only a show.”

Asked whether it would be unfair to blame the government for incidents of alleged intolerance, Nair said, “Yes. Certainly. The government’s hands are certainly more than full. They are talking about development of the country and improving the plight of the common people. It’s a very tough job”.

‘Few incidents can happen’: Ex-Isro chief Nair on return of awards | india | Hindustan Times

@Tridibans here is the vid

Wow what an interview....

...glad that some BJP supporters are so eloquent in putting forward arguments and constructive thoughts. He and Smriti Irani are among my favourites. There is one more lady whose name I am forgetting.... she is also excellent.

If only the Sambit Patras and Nalin Kohlis were even half of them :(

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom