What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

O
P.S. I vehemently oppose any affirmation and discrimination based on caste, color or creed if any it has to be based on economic standing.

I disagree with respect to scheduled castes & tribes where the discrimination is also societal. In other castes, it should be in combination with their economic standing & some reservations should be open to all on account of economic standing alone.

Last edited:
I disagree with respect to scheduled castes & tribes where the discrimination is also societal. In other castes, its should be in combination with their economic standing & some reservations should be open to all on account of economic standing alone.

I had a long discussion on this with @Joe Shearer at one point of time covering all aspects including lingering societal discrimination , monopolization benefits by few among the SC/ST subsets, lack of any meaningful results even after 6 decades of affirmative action, time taken for benefits to tickle down etc.

End result was in-conclusive.

Good that I clarified with you. See...sometimes this half information can be dangerous. All sort of things were going on in my head...including appeasement by Didi to please anyone other than majorities. :devil:

Or it could be about the ban on visharjan on the day of Muharram, or about Hindu Samhati's demand for meat ban during Durga puja. Let me know what it is about if you see the program, I can't see it at 7pm. Didi doesn't have that big balls to ban Durgapuja. :D

credit: @JanjaWeed

thanks bhai :p:

They can have beef in Mallu land not here. It turned out to be buffalo meat though.
First of all Buffalo meat is not banned in Delhi.. Delhi is the capital of India,not some sanghis or your jatt headquarters..
Kerala house represents the official house of ''Kerala state'' at Delhi.. No police forces are allowed to raid or even enter the compound without the prior permission of resident commissioner,who is the head of all Kerala state owned buildings located at Delhi...If anyone did that It is against federal setup of India..shame...

I had a long discussion on this with @Joe Shearer at one point of time covering all aspects including lingering societal discrimination , monopolization benefits by few among the SC/ST subsets, lack of any meaningful results even after 6 decades of affirmative action, time taken for benefits to tickle down etc.

End result was in-conclusive.

We are talking of 1000's of years of discrimination of the worst kind imaginable (SC). Better to err on the side of caution. The methods can be tweaked to produce a better outcome but it is difficult to argue that reservations are not justified in those cases.

We are talking of 1000's of years of discrimination of the worst kind imaginable (SC). Better to err on the side of caution. The methods can be tweaked to produce a better outcome but it is difficult to argue that reservations are not justified in those cases.

If we could have a shelf life - it would have been ok, as it stands reservations are not about upliftment anymore - they are just another denomination of political currency. More-over it has explosive potential to blow up. Recent incidents in Gujarat are indicative of the resentment it causes to other sections.

If we could have a shelf life - it would have been ok, as it stands reservations are not about upliftment anymore - they are just another denomination of political currency. More-over it has explosive potential to blow up. Recent incidents in Gujarat are indicative of the resentment it causes to other sections.

Which is we need an independent body in each state to decide who gets reservation. Governments can come under pressure, best to remove this power from them

Which is we need an independent body in each state to decide who gets reservation. Governments can come under pressure, best to remove this power from them

Good Idea, but extremely tough if not impossible to execute except for in some of the more progressive states. Establishing an independent state level institution is going to be an exercise in futility in UP, Bihar, Jharkhand, TN, Andhra, and few other states. N. East anyway get a special package.

First of all Buffalo meat is not banned in Delhi.. Delhi is the capital of India,not some sanghis or your jatt headquarters..
Kerala house represents the official house of ''Kerala state'' at Delhi.. No police forces are allowed to raid or even enter the compound without the prior permission of resident commissioner,who is the head of all Kerala state owned buildings located at Delhi...If anyone did that It is against federal setup of India..shame...

Lol its the official house of a state, not an Embassy of a foreign country! The police went there to provide protection, not to get the cafe shut down or anything.

:(

India being such vast country & not so comprehensive household income data available, it's not going to be easy to bring economically backward families under centralised social security system. This got be a state govt initiative. But there'll be many loopholes..Would need vast amount of ground work including bringing every employed / self employed person under record & take it from there, based on their income provide social security. I know it's easier said than done..but that's the only way if you want to do away with reservation & bring in effective social security system.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom