What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

They do and Goa BJP has done well to keep them happy by ensuring unbroken supply chain hence the victory
Nice...let's ban fish in Gujarat & flood WB with the same. Tactic works wonderfully well. :p:

Next time you call 100 for help and ask him to come quickly, you might as well ask "do you respond so fast to Rapes".

As I said, I'll think for myself & pass on asking your question.

You still have not answered my questions ?

How do you know they don't respond so fast to Rapes?

I did make my point on this matter as being related to public perception.

Please read:

What message do you think it sends when the Delhi police reacts with such alacrity because of some claim of beef being on the menu? That they consider this more important? Public perception is very important as is being circumspect in such matters.

@Marxist - sorry for the delay in reply, got caught up as you can see...:D
My point was limited as mentioned above to how it would /could be perceived, not as to whether an actual rape is directly preventable in all cases by the police.

Last edited:
As I said, I'll think for myself & pass on asking your question.
Please read:

you keep switching goal posts like Hardik Patel, ok ow tell me how do you know that is the public perception ?

I don't think anyone was embarrassed. Rather it sent an unambiguous message that Beef ban is not be messed about. Given Kerala State govt's and people's insensitive and tendency towards mischief on this issue, Delhi police was right.

Not unsurprisingly, you & I find ourselves disagreeing. Not the first time, won't be the last.:)

I think they are talking about the "World's biggest Durga" at Deshopriyo Park that was closed down on Panchami itself after the police found itself incompetent to manage the crowd. It was shameful.
Good that I clarified with you. See...sometimes this half information can be dangerous. All sort of things were going on in my head...including appeasement by Didi to please anyone other than majorities. :devil:

Yeah, as consistent as Christianity having caste system. All I see is an opportunist ride on two boats.

Oh Yeah! and the ride is pretty smooth. Why don't you ask the BJP to do something about it? But wait they themselves are falling head over heels in Bihar pandering to all hues of lower castes on quota issues.

P.S. I vehemently oppose any affirmation and discrimination based on caste, color or creed if any it has to be based on economic standing.

Please read:

@Marxist - sorry for the delay in reply, got caught up as you can see...:D
My point was limited as mentioned above to how it would /could be perceived, not as to whether an actual rape is directly preventable in all cases by the police.

You are all about could be, would be, should be. Though given how BJP is sweeping polls after polls your perceptions seems to be a hit with only Fiberals and "pest controllers" like Joe. Indian public though has given a boot to such perceptors and their perceptions.

Not unsurprisingly, you & I find ourselves disagreeing. Not the first time, won't be the last.:)

Thank god for small mercies.

Oh Yeah! and the ride is pretty smooth. Why don't you ask the BJP to do something about it? But wait they themselves are falling head over heels in Bihar pandering to all hues of lower castes on quota issues.

P.S. I vehemently oppose any affirmation and discrimination based on caste, color or creed if any it has to be based on economic standing.

Affirmative action for scheduled caste and tribals is something I am in agreement with, so if BJP is pandering to them on this matter it is within the ambit of constitution.

It is always smooth going for opportunists in the short term.

Affirmative action for scheduled caste and tribals is something I am in agreement with, so if BJP is pandering to them on this matter it is within the ambit of constitution.

It is always smooth going for opportunists in the short term.

Don't worry we are experts at stretching this short term to long term. It has been close to 68 years and so far so good.

12038032_1076359342408535_417049359381059825_n.jpg

Karma is a ..........

They don't need spidey sense - what they do need is

1. Sufficient human resources devoted to regular patrols of secluded areas where there are greater chances of rapes happening

2. Extensive CCTV Coverage of Delhi which would prevent lot of crimes not just rapes solely due to deterrance factor let alone it's help in punitive scenarios.

3. 24/7 resources devoted to monitoring of CCTV coverage.

4. Smooth Helplines and emergency services with minimum of response time manned by trained staff to to deal with crisis situations.

5. Positive image building exercises so that populace trusts the police and does not hesitate to inform and co-operate

etc etc etc

The points (except the fifth )you raised can only be implemented by the Government.... if governments do all this police can perform much better....But in current situation they can act only after the crime or after complaint is filed

Last edited:
The points (except the fifth )you raised can only be implemented by the Government.... if governments do all this police can perform much better....But in current situation they can act only after the crime and I think they are doing it

I don't totally agree with you but Yes broadly speaking you are right. Police is kind of handicapped in India in more ways than one. Politicians are ofcourse to be blamed for this but even Police Dept sometimes makes it too easy for politicians by going along with it eyes open.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom