What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

@SURYA-1 @satyaprakashppatel @ All biharis, this Elections is NOT Modi vs Nitish-Lalu. This is MOdi vs Lalu, anybody else whether it be Nitish,Sushil,Manjhi,Paswan,the Gandhis is on the sidelines(whether it be on the front seat.middle seat or the back seat).

Remember, even if u like Nitish DON"T VOTE FOR RJD OR CONGRESS.. Vote for JDU if u are fond of Nitish, but NOT A SINGLE VOTE FOR RJD OR THE CONs!!

Otherwise... Jungle Raj Returns

By the way where is our local forum Lalu-Mulayam supporter?? I remember he was a casteist Yaduvanshi who praised them a lot
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems Congress is re-growing in TG.
No to BJP-PDP gov op Twitter: "Madal level protest meets by Congress on farmer suicides got huge response.Even Cong leaders were surprised by the big turnouts"
No to BJP-PDP gov op Twitter: "Big crowds turned up even in Adilabad where Cong has not been strong.Seems honeymoon period of TS is nearing its end"

Manohar Parrikar adopts village in Rahul Gandhi’s Parliamentary constituency | The Indian Express

Manohar Parrikar adopts village in Rahul Gandhi’s Parliamentary constituency
Parrikar adopted the Amethi village under Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojna.
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has adopted Barauliya village in Amethi, the Parliamentary constituency of Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, under Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojna.

The minister has adopted the village in Gauriganj assembly segment which falls under Amethi Parliamentary constituency, BJP district unit president Durgesh Tiwari said.

Former Goa Chief Minister Parrikar is also a Rajya Sabha member from Uttar Pradesh.

Interestingly, HRD Minister Smriti Irani, who unsuccessfully contested against Rahul Gandhi, has maintained an active relationship with the constituency with her regular visits.

She is scheduled to visit Amethi again on September 20 to distribute 50,000 fruit-bearing trees among the villagers.

Before this, she had distributed first installment of the life insurance to 25,000 women from different assembly segments.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rahul Gandhi should be very scared.. A pro-active ,pro-vikas Modi sarkar+Smriti Irani increasing her reputation in Amethi+ Parrikar also coming to Amethi. He could seriously end up losing Amethi next time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@magudi You are from IIM!! Wow!! I didn't know that before.. Can u tell us which campus you are from?

& are u from IIT too??#justasking

Currently doing EPGP from IIMB and no not an IITian did my grads long time ago from NIT Raipur

yes i have read it , infact jaggy is one of my fav columnists in FP however this is an excerpt from another article of his

My point is that you and several others were trying to push a perception that no reforms were going on at all. My post was a reply to that..

Congress blackmail will continue: Why Govt has to rework its gameplan - Firstpost
And speedy clearance to projects cannot cleanse the economy of structural flaws that is not the executive decision making we are seeking.Trust me any economist worth his salt will tell you why GST is no reform and how the real pm has been a flop so far

As for GST, was the GST bill passed by Lok Sabha in May 2015 diluted ?

Hail Grand master Modiji's wisdom ! YAY

Agree, Smriti has been dissapointing

Doesn'tmatter they can do anything nobody is going after them even 56 inch turned out to be a coward

BHai tu itna kyu ro raha hai aajkal ?? NH case is open, FIR is going to be filed and Money laundering case on Damaad's company has been issued. I don't get what the problem is unless its your usual attempts at trolling

Currently doing EPGP from IIMB and no not an IITian did my grads long time ago from NIT Raipur
IIM-Bengaluru..

Congratulations, :tup: you & my father have something in common :enjoy:- you both went to a good engineering college & then got in the same institute,though my father did a different course- I think it was in marketing....

EDIT 1:- TBH knowing my father I shouldn't exactly say congratulations :P

Absolutely no reforms,nothing revolutionary or nothing great under her. She should not have been handed the HRD portfolio!
I&B or something minor would have been better..

Same goes for Arun Jaitley.. a LAWYER has been handed over command of the economy,
Our economy is not in a good condition. And Modi ji has left that to a lawyer ; A robust & strong Foreign policy needs a good economy to be consistent & successful. Without that it is a big joke
Arun Shourie would have been a much better choice , he atleast knows what needs to be done.

If not finance, he should have atleast been given HRD.. read his articles & his books, he has a good idea of what's plaguing the system & how strong the commie Left wing bias in it is & how to tackle it.

HE even has ideas on how to reform & make our education system better.

& Venkaiah Naidu's handling of the Smart cities+rural housing scheme will determine whether he will be at the top or the bottom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Foreign university bill on Smriti table
Add to that no action by Smriti Irani taken on getting foreign Universities in a country where people are desperate for getting a good,quality education, It seems that those old time RSS Ramanujans(from Srinivas Ramanujan) have stopped this bill

One of my mothers friends(a really smart guy from the NUS, he was even part of the CAG in the Indian Elections-2014 which worked for the BJP) was telling my parents to make me write the SATs & apply to NUS, he claimed I had the potential to do well in it & get in a good college(something like that). But my family's financial condition is in dire straits, they really couldn't afford to apply for SAT or send me outside India for an education :(

there are many such families like mine, yes even had this bill been passed it would have taken 10 years for a Foreign university to come to India, but atleast in the future families like mine will have a good option within the coutntry itself..

She is focusing on BASIC education first, which is the right thing to do.

Smriti Irani silently reforms Teacher Education - Niti Exclusive

Regarding introducing Foreign Universities in India, they key question to be asked is WHAT will they bring into India ?

They ONLY bring their Brand Name. The education will be provided by the Money Indian students pay and the quality of education will be again determined by the amount of Fees the Indian student pays. It is No different from HLL or P&G.

Entry of foreign universities is due to ageing population in their own country. With increased restrictions on immigration, fewer employment opportunities and escalation of racial abuse in countries like Australia and the UK, the foreign universities are finding it difficult to get international students. Hence, they are now trying to shift the campus to where the students (the market is) are available.

How will Land acquisition for foreign universities take place ? Who will own the land ?

They also have unfair advantage by having access to cheap funds at 2% interest rates. Indians who want to start quality universities get access to funds at 14% to 20% interest rates.

How can we ensure level playing field ?

She is focusing on BASIC education first, which is the right thing to do.

Smriti Irani silently reforms Teacher Education - Niti Exclusive

Regarding introducing Foreign Universities in India, they key question to be asked is WHAT will they bring into India ?

They ONLY bring their Brand Name. The education will be provided by the Money Indian students pay and the quality of education will be again determined by the amount of Fees the Indian student pays. It is No different from HLL or P&G.

Entry of foreign universities is due to ageing population in their own country. With increased restrictions on immigration, fewer employment opportunities and escalation of racial abuse in countries like Australia and the UK, the foreign universities are finding it difficult to get international students. Hence, they are now trying to shift the campus to where the students (the market is) are available.

How will Land acquisition for foreign universities take place ? Who will own the land ?

They also have unfair advantage by having access to cheap funds at 2% interest rates. Indians who want to start quality universities get access to funds at 14% to 20% interest rates.

How can we ensure level playing field ?

There is so much misinformation being spread, think i will need to keep a list of things each ministry has done to counter it....

Yes ,If you want to know more here's another one from jaggy himself : Congress effort to trip Jaitley on GST bill may actually help improve it

And am not talking about NH , none of looters have been shown their place by the government

ITs not going to happen in one year. 60 years of rule by the congress govt. has created moles everywhere within the govt. Cases are going on in Ambulance Scam , now NH and then against Vadra. You are expecting the impossible. Uprooting the Lutyans legacy in the govt. will take some time. Atleast 5 - 10 years . What you are expecting is IMPOSSIBLE, Did you expect congress party to be behind bars within an year ?

As for GST, once GST is passed in RajyaSabha, does it needs acceptance from both houses to amend the bill itself ?

National education policy to be prepared with opinion of all: Smriti Irani | Zee News
National education policy to be prepared with opinion of all: Smriti Irani
Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has said a joint effort has been initiated from the national to the grassroots level to obtain opinion to formulate a national education policy.

414396-irani.jpg

Agartala: Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has said a joint effort has been initiated from the national to the grassroots level to obtain opinion to formulate a national education policy.

"This is for the first time citizen of India at large from national to grassroots level would give their opinion in preparing the national education policy. The draft of the policy would be ready by December," Irani told reporters on Friday night after meeting Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.

She said: "The first regional meeting covering all the eight northeastern states held in Agartala Friday. The education ministers and representatives of these states gave their views on the proposed national education policy."

The minister, who left for Delhi on Saturday, said the gram panchayat level to district, state to national level consultation on the education policy already begun across the country and the response was very enlightening.

On Friday, addressing the students and teachers of the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala, she said to obtain experiences and expertise by the IIT and NIT students from world famous scientist, academician and technical experts, the MHRD has recently launched a scheme `GIAN` (Global Initiative of Academic Network).

She asked the institute to provide a list of foreign experts, who can be invited.

"The travel and other cost of the guest expert would be borne by my ministry and the deliberations would be video recorded for future use by the students," she announced.

Irani also asked the all concerned to share experience among the students of various NITs and IITs of the country and requested the NIT students to share their experience, knowledge and inventions with the people living adjoining the villages of their institute.

She also announced that a web portal "e-soudh-sindhu" would be launched by January next year and over 90,000 e-books and 10,000 journals of across the world would be available in the plat form.

The minister accompanied by HRD Secretary V.S. Oberoi (Higher Education) and S.C. Khuntia (School Education) held a meeting here on Friday with the education ministers of the northeast states to discuss the proposed national education policy.

Tripura Education Minister Tapan Chakraborty said the Friday`s meeting was held as the follow up meeting of the 63rd meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) that was held in New Delhi on August 19.

He told reporters that in the CABE meeting, most northeast states wanted to remove the `no-detention policy` at the elementary school level (up to class 8).

Chakraborty said: "The eight northeast states along with most states of the country are not only against the `no-detention policy` but are also in an awkward position due to the lack of trained teachers even though the Right to Education Act (RTE), 2009, made this mandatory."

The minister said the Left Front government strongly supported the plan for a new education policy, a process initiated by the Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance government.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smriti Irani's HRD ministry has come to agreement with global scholars to teach in India - The Economic Times

@magudi @Echo_419
Well atleast she is doing something(atleast on paper) despite doing nothing great till now, they should add all the lectures given by those under GIAN to the NPTEL database to be used by students all over India,

Though I stand by what I said, she is not a good minister & should be shifted to I&B

let's hope that the education policy coming out in December turns out to be good

National education policy to be prepared with opinion of all: Smriti Irani | Zee News
National education policy to be prepared with opinion of all: Smriti Irani
Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has said a joint effort has been initiated from the national to the grassroots level to obtain opinion to formulate a national education policy.

414396-irani.jpg

Agartala: Union Human Resource Development Minister Smriti Irani has said a joint effort has been initiated from the national to the grassroots level to obtain opinion to formulate a national education policy.

"This is for the first time citizen of India at large from national to grassroots level would give their opinion in preparing the national education policy. The draft of the policy would be ready by December," Irani told reporters on Friday night after meeting Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar.

She said: "The first regional meeting covering all the eight northeastern states held in Agartala Friday. The education ministers and representatives of these states gave their views on the proposed national education policy."

The minister, who left for Delhi on Saturday, said the gram panchayat level to district, state to national level consultation on the education policy already begun across the country and the response was very enlightening.

On Friday, addressing the students and teachers of the National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala, she said to obtain experiences and expertise by the IIT and NIT students from world famous scientist, academician and technical experts, the MHRD has recently launched a scheme `GIAN` (Global Initiative of Academic Network).

She asked the institute to provide a list of foreign experts, who can be invited.

"The travel and other cost of the guest expert would be borne by my ministry and the deliberations would be video recorded for future use by the students," she announced.

Irani also asked the all concerned to share experience among the students of various NITs and IITs of the country and requested the NIT students to share their experience, knowledge and inventions with the people living adjoining the villages of their institute.

She also announced that a web portal "e-soudh-sindhu" would be launched by January next year and over 90,000 e-books and 10,000 journals of across the world would be available in the plat form.

The minister accompanied by HRD Secretary V.S. Oberoi (Higher Education) and S.C. Khuntia (School Education) held a meeting here on Friday with the education ministers of the northeast states to discuss the proposed national education policy.

Tripura Education Minister Tapan Chakraborty said the Friday`s meeting was held as the follow up meeting of the 63rd meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) that was held in New Delhi on August 19.

He told reporters that in the CABE meeting, most northeast states wanted to remove the `no-detention policy` at the elementary school level (up to class 8).

Chakraborty said: "The eight northeast states along with most states of the country are not only against the `no-detention policy` but are also in an awkward position due to the lack of trained teachers even though the Right to Education Act (RTE), 2009, made this mandatory."

The minister said the Left Front government strongly supported the plan for a new education policy, a process initiated by the Bharatiya Janata Party-led National Democratic Alliance government.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smriti Irani's HRD ministry has come to agreement with global scholars to teach in India - The Economic Times

@magudi @Echo_419
Well atleast she is doing something(atleast on paper) despite doing nothing great till now, they should add all the lectures given by those under GIAN to the NPTEL database to be used by students all over India,

let's hope that the education policy coming out in December turns out to be good

The education policy coming out in the end of the year is old news, The news actually came early last year when Smriti announced it.

The education policy coming out in the end of the year is old news, The news actually came early last year when Smriti announced it.
The date this article came out is ion 19th Sept., 2015.

Thus we can assume that perhaps a new policy must be coming out if what u say is true

To be brutally honest i don't trust Biharis :P fact is i don't even trust Modi and team of lame duck allies he is rooting for but i do trust SANGH

Watch this @ 17:49 :

Naaa, BJP has around 53% of the vote share while RJD-JDU combine has 40-42%. They will loose Bihar.

The date this article came out is ion 19th Sept., 2015.

Thus we can assume that perhaps a new policy must be coming out if what u say is true

NDA government's new education policy to come out by 2015: Smriti Irani - timesofindia-economictimes

VARANASI: The NDA government was framing a neweducation policy to remove existing loopholes and give maximum and easy access to better education to all sections of the society, Union HRD Minister Smriti Iranisaid today.

The new policy, she said, is expected to come out next year.

"We want to remove the maximum loopholes from the existing education policies, and will come up with a newly framed one for giving maximum and easy access to education to common people.

pixel.gif

"The new education policy of the NDA government is expected to come out next year, for which the suggestions would be sought from grass root level," she said.

The Minister said past education policies were framed by very few people called as experts, consisting mostly of educationists, academicians and bureaucrats.

"Such policies were least associated with common man living in far off villages, and mattered less to rural people. In the new education policy, our aim is to specifically target those students who are living in villages and could not continue their education due to lack of exposure and unavailability of resources. They should get maximum benefit," Irani said.

The HRD minister was here to inaugurate a national seminar at Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth today.

Stressing that providing better future to youngsters was her government's top priority, she said, after so many years a government was formed at the Centre with absolute majority, as young, mostly in the age group of 30, voted for lotus.

Irani said girl students should be encouraged to take up technical education, where their number was less, despite the fact that their performance in board exams was better than that of boys.

Some Banaras Hindu University student held protest demanding restoration of students union in BHU.

They held protest against the HRD minister here outside the venue and carried postcards, questioning why government was patronizings RSS in BHU and Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth.

They also carried postcards, questioning why government was patronising RSS in BHU and Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth.

-----------------------------------------------
Lets hope it does, i have been waiting for it for time immamorial. Besides I doubt Smriti is handling education, she probably is just a puppet...

To be brutally honest i don't trust Biharis :P fact is i don't even trust Modi and team of lame duck allies he is rooting for but i do trust SANGH

Watch this @ 17:49 :
@magudi they are doing the same for Ashoka Maurya in Bihar to get votes
Caste-ing Ashoka in Bihar - TOI Blogs

The Rashtravadi Kushwaha Parishad, which is aligned with BJP, has held several commemoration functions in Bihar since last year, arguing that both Chandragupta Maurya and Ashoka were Kushwahas and therefore ancestors of present-day Bihari Kushwahas or Koeris who make up about 9% of voters. State BJP leaders like Sushil Kumar Modi have publicly argued in these ceremonies that if voted to power, their party would restore the glory that Kushwahas supposedly enjoyed during the Mauryan empire.

Parties fight over Ashoka in poll-bound Bihar - The Times of India
In their bid to woo the agricultural Kushwahas (Koeris) — a dominant OBC community that accounts for about nine per cent of the total voters in the state — the opponents are using the iconic Emperor Ashoka to their advantage. Each side wants to bask in the Maurya royal's reflected glory and have even attributed an imaginary face and caste to him in the process.

While BJP declared Ashoka to be a Kushwaha OBC in Patna recently, on Monday, the Union telecom minister released a stamp featuring a photograph of the emperor at a function held in Patna.

However, according to historians, there is no recorded image or caste information of the erstwhile Magadh king. Talking to TOI on Monday, former HoD of history at Patna University Rajeshwar Prasad Singh said there was no authentic picture of the emperor in any historical records and that the government should not have taken just any 'imaginary' picture and put it on the stamp. "To the best of my knowledge, no authentic photo of Emperor Ashoka is available anywhere," he said, adding the image on the stamp must be based on people's perception of Ashoka's face as shown in TV serials.

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------
& I thought Buddhists had no caste.

Naaa, BJP has around 53% of the vote share while RJD-JDU combine has 40-42%. They will loose Bihar.

NDA government's new education policy to come out by 2015: Smriti Irani - timesofindia-economictimes

Lets hope it does, i have been waiting for it for time immamorial. Besides I doubt Smriti is handling education, she probably is just a puppet...
If she is a puppet of the RSS, it is both good & bad.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom