What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Dalit Diva from US of A rises up to fight Evil Modi.
CPQ8_wBUkAAywFs.jpg

This is what congressis wants to impose on us...a complete & certified moron. Sometimes it makes me wonder if this guy suffers from cerebral palsy. Some sort of brain malfunction is quite evident as this guy keeps repeating the same stuff over & again for the past year...& at every possible place & on every possible occasion, whether it fits that event or not!

This guy scares me like almost no one in the Congress does. He is nuts.

This guy scares me like almost no one in the Congress does. He is nuts.
Either Congress is allowing this self destruction willingly or they are completely blind to the fact that general public is capable of independent thinking & making judgements. To be honest..I'm glad in a way Congress still keeps propping up RG despite the fact that he is destined to flop. Then again..its quite normal to get irritated every time this guy opens his mouth, I suppose!

Fifth column: American academia strikes | The Indian Express

If Silicon Valley welcomes the Prime Minister when he travels there during his visit to the United States, that begins next week, it will be against the advice of the finest academics in America. As faculty who ‘engage South Asia’ in their teaching and research, they have warned against the ‘uncritical fanfare’ that Narendra Modi’s imminent visit has generated. In ominous tones they warn that Modi’s Digital India initiative is almost certainly going to be used by the Prime Minister for spying on his critics. And that Silicon Valley’s technology entrepreneurs could be violating their own codes of corporate responsibility by doing business with a government that has demonstrated its ‘disregard for human rights and civil liberties, as well as the autonomy of educational and cultural institutions’.

What intrigued me when I read the statement that these self-appointed sentinels issued is how, in the lofty realms of American academia, they know so much more about what is happening in India than we do. Where are these abuses of human rights? Where have civil liberties been curtailed? Where are the ‘well-publicised’ episodes of censorship? The violations of religious freedom? The ‘steady impingement’ on the independence of the judiciary? The picture of India that these worthy intellectuals paint is of a country that is not very different to North Korea or the ISIS caliphate, and I find this deeply offensive.

As someone who makes a living out of political commentary, I am appalled by the lack of faith these giants of American academia exhibit in India’s institutions of democracy. Do they seriously believe that it has been possible for Narendra Modi to diminish all of them in one year? And to have done this so sneakily that nobody has noticed?
Nobody except a handful of NGOs whose foreign funding is being questioned by the government. If I were advising the Prime Minister, I would tell him to let them be, because why give them the chance to spew venom against India on our ‘censored’ news channels? But I have no hesitation in saying that most NGOs working in India do very little that is constructive or good. Far too many of our most revered NGO stars make fortunes out of spreading disinformation and poison in our most vulnerable communities. They travel first class to the capitals of the world and from the luxury of five-star hotels hold forth on India’s poverty and environmental degradation at conferences of rich people. Personally this makes me sick.

It is not just the treatment of NGOs that has made Modi into an undesirable alien in the eyes of American academia, it is also his ‘interference’ in Indian universities and academic institutions. Clearly from their ivory tower they have not noticed that this kind of interference has existed since India became an independent nation. The only change that has happened in the past year is that a small, mostly ineffectual attempt has been made to loosen the stranglehold that Leftist academics have had over these institutions.

Unfortunately, the Modi government has made some stupid mistakes in making these changes and the most obvious example comes from the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune. Even the Prime Minister’s staunchest supporters admit that to put a B-grade actor in charge of an institution like this is a bad idea. This should not distract us from the vital need to bring real changes in the way our educational and cultural institutions have been run. If the Culture Minister spent less time questioning the patriotism of Muslims and more on doing his job, he may discover how much work needs to be done. And if one day the Prime Minister recognises the importance of bringing back a full-time Education Minister, we might finally get an education policy that gives Indian schoolchildren a syllabus that gives them some sense of what being Indian means. The education system we inherited from the British continues to produce ‘a nation of clerks’.

If you want proof that neo-literate Indians are losing their own languages without really learning English, look at bookshops in our major towns and cities. They sell mostly books in English, and if Indian writers want to gain a measure of celebrity from writing, they have to write in English. This is disgraceful. And if the Modi government can be faulted, it is for not having done enough already to make educational and cultural institutions more Indian and more useful. As they are today, they serve mostly to provide cushy jobs for retired bureaucrats, who often hang on to their luxurious houses in Lutyens Delhi this way. So there is much to be done to rectify damage done over decades and the Modi government has so far not taken one small step towards parivartan. But perhaps these things are not evident from the exalted realms of American academia.

@Mike_Brando @levina @Nair saab
What's wrong with RTE?? A LOT is wrong with that bill, that bill is responsible for the closing of many good private schools on foolish grounds !! Add to that the bill is pro-minority & anti-majority in the nature that it doesn't apply to minority institutions.

Those shameless fellows weren't satisfied with looting India & not improving it's pathetic education system, instead they sought to make it's education system worse(under Kapil Sibal) & hurt( it+good private schools in the country) as much as they could. THis bill does that(practically not theoretically)

Check this guy's tweets to find out WHAT is wrong with RTE, he illustrates everything wrong with that bill & how wrong that bill is. He even had a one on one with the HRD min. herself on RTE & other educational issues after receiving an invite through twitter: -
Reality Check India (@realitycheckind) | Twitter

Here is his blog:-
Reality Check India | Your daily 5ml shot of RealityCheck I.V.

Some links on why this bill is bad:-

Mother of god,didn't realized that RTE has done so much damage

Swami had predicted Indian economy in a tailspin long before 2014 elections. It is not something new he is talking about.

Dr. Swamy's letter to NaMo,

SSLtrOnEcon-page-001.jpg

SSLtrOnEcon-page-002.jpg

Nothing much on the R&D budget till now or on increasing the researcher's stipend in the IITs & NITs & other institutes

Smriti Irani ups NTSE Scholarships to 2000
she also directed NCERT to publish online all the new research work in teachers’ education.
_---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Prajapati @Star Wars I think you are right in the fact that she could be a puppet/similar to a puppet.
She is taking a lot of advice/instructions from RSS & RSS supported academics & think-tanks

Smriti Irani holds hush-hush meeting with RSS chief Bhagwat - The Times of India
Union human resources development minister Smriti Irani air-dashed to the city on Wednesday morning for a special meeting with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief Mohan Bhagwat at his Mahal headquarters.

The two-hour meeting from 9.30am was a total hush-hush affair. Even the local police, government protocol department as well as the city party machinery were not kept in the loop. The minister, who is in thick of several controversies in recent past, managed to keep even the media at bay.

I do not hold any view that thinks of Smriti Irani as a puppet. Modi admires her for her loyalty and strong character and she got her post because of that quality. She is a self made women and tough as nails.

But her ideological beliefs is quite strong and she will not frown upon the RSS.

Dr. Swamy's letter to NaMo,

SSLtrOnEcon-page-001.jpg

SSLtrOnEcon-page-002.jpg

I do not hold any view that thinks of Smriti Irani as a puppet. Modi admires her for her loyalty and strong character and she got her post because of that quality. She is a self made women and tough as nails.

But her ideological beliefs is quite strong and she will not frown upon the RSS.

The Indian economy was in dire straits even before 2014. Oil price crash did help give us a breather to an extent. Agree with Dr. Swamy though that interest rate reduction should take place and the govt was interested in it as well only to be stonewalled by Dr. Rajan. As you did point out, the govt is trying to clip the wings of RBI governor and it will take time.

Alternatively, NaMo is cognizant of Dr. Swamy's arguments. Only, the compulsions within the system which forces the govt to take baby steps would be more clear to the govt than Dr. Swamy.

@Prajapati
This is a must watch documentary which explains the power of central banks. How flow of credit can make an economy prosper like Japan and can also destroy it. It also talks about east asian financial crisis how high interest rate at home forced many enterprise to take loan from abroad which lead to collapse in east asian economies when this capital was suddenly withdrawn.

An essay on Indian liberal

The Indian Liberal is one of prominent and visible specie of India. It can be normally sighted on TV channel debates, op-eds, social media platforms, Jantar Mantar and Wagah border.

Indian Liberal comes in many varieties. However the most dominating and visible are the Secular Indian Liberal (SIL), the Indian Left Liberal (ILL) and Militant Indian Liberal & Feminist (MILF). All varieties exhibit similar characteristics with some slight variations.

The natural habitat of Indian Liberals is in the fields of journalism, writing, politics, trade unionism or naxalism but since they survive, grow and thrive on gravy train of handouts, grants, commissions and accommodations, they need to stay closer to centre of power, both economic and political.

Characteristics of Indian liberal

As per one school of thought, Indian Liberal traces its roots in the washer man in Ramayana, who while beating his wife blue and black (even unleashing dogs on her, sources say), made the famous remark, “I am not Ram that I would allow into my home, a wife who has spent a night outside home” leading to exile of Sita. Though some other historians put Indian Liberals as successors of Manthara who through her methods of misinformation and propaganda was able to provoke & instigate Kaikeyi against her husband.

Though, as normally happens in this part of the world, current generation of Indian Liberals refuses to acknowledge their native ancestors and prefer to associate themselves with foreigners like Goebbels.

An Indian Liberal, normally, has no listening faculties, extra large vocal faculties, curtailed cognitive sense, an absent left brain and oversized right brain. Availability of limited bandwidth for logical processing of information or facts due to absence of left brain, combined with unlimited creative canvas provided by large right brain, allows them to espouse profound inanities in voluminous proportions while dismissing the inconveniences the truth brings to a situation.

Studies on whether the absence of left brain is congenital or due to evolution, like vanishing of humans’ tail due to non use, were inconclusive as these were done by Liberals themselves.

An Indian Liberal is a champion of rights but focuses on the exotic (not to be confused with erotic, though welcome) while staying away from the mundane.

Hundreds of children dying from encephalitis being is a daily occurrence, a boring routine and anyone can handle that. It needs an Indian Liberal to find out and analyse the consumption pattern of condoms during religious festivals. Similarly Indian Liberal is also a master of linkages and associations, as random as possible, as abstract as incomprehensible and as farfetched as perplexing. In a simple situation of ‘A’ throwing a banana peel on the road and B slipping on it, thus breaking his femur’ the extraordinary right brain of the Indian Liberal can use these twin qualities and come out with following profundities.

1) Poor ‘A’! So distracted by the rising prices of onions that the peel slipped from his hand leading to unfortunate accident. What is govt doing about food inflation?

2) In XYZ’s India, people are attacking each other with banana peels now! This primitive kind of strife was expected from a divisive leader.

3) Banana peel strikes today. Civil war next?

4) 15 people kept watching a human being step on a Banana peel and break his leg. Not one person moved. Are we a banana country?

5) Does ‘B’ blaming ‘A’ over a small incident point towards the growing divisiveness in the country? Think about it. Shubhratri.

Now, the Indian Liberal could be either of SIL, ILL or MILF variety, A and B could be Hindu & Muslim or could be male & female, the government ruling the state could be communal or secular and the situation throws up endless possibilities.

To summarize, an Indian Liberal would neither look at the woods nor the trees, nor the branches or the shoots, nor the leaves or the buds, nor the trunk or the root, not even the insects or birds on the tree, rather at the man staring at the tree from a distance and focus on the color of the handkerchief in his pocket.

God forbid, if it happens to be green or saffron.

An essay on Indian liberal | Faking News

The Indian economy was in dire straits even before 2014. Oil price crash did help give us a breather to an extent. Agree with Dr. Swamy though that interest rate reduction should take place and the govt was interested in it as well only to be stonewalled by Dr. Rajan. As you did point out, the govt is trying to clip the wings of RBI governor and it will take time.

Alternatively, NaMo is cognizant of Dr. Swamy's arguments. Only, the compulsions within the system which forces the govt to take baby steps would be more clear to the govt than Dr. Swamy.

Govt. needs to take serious actions to improve liquidity in India.

Monetizing gold is unlike to work out.
Opening 180 crore bank accounts has not raised the required amount of money.
Foreign investments are taking their time to come in and it is not fast enough.
Tourism is again a slow starter.

Under the circumstances, ensure cash in the hands of the middle class might be the way to go. That and lower interest rates which will bring back a lot of money into the market.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom