What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Check this out too
Hindi must get official language status at UN, Rajnath says - The Times of India

Singh said Hindi had united the country during the freedom struggle, but unfortunately it couldn't become the "Rashtriya bhasha" (national language). It only became "Raj bhasha" (language of governance).

Unfortunately, post-independence, our leadership couldn't make Hindi the language of India possibly due to regional politics and political gains, he maintained.

Hindi acts as the common link language, which binds the people from Kashmir in the north to Kanyakumari in the south, Singh said.

Given the wide use of Hindi, it is a misconception that English was the 'sampark bhasha' (link language) of India, the home minister noted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at this marvellous nonsense he has muttered:crazy:

Waah waah. half the country doesn't speak proper shuddh Hindi & more than half doesn't know how to read it & he happily says that from Kashmir to Kanyakumari everybody speaks Hindi & Hindi united us...

What nonsense, it was a sense of patriotism, love for our nation & nationalism which united us, not Hindi.

We couldn't make Hindi the national language because of regional politics.....

Truth:- They tried to force Hindi upon the Rest of the Nation in the past as our rashtra bhasha/sole official language & South India (Especially TN) refused to accept it! Which is why Hindi is not our national Language.. :tup:

"It is claimed that Hindi should be the common language because it is spoken by the majority. Why should we then claim the tiger as our national animal instead of the rat which is so much more numerous? Or the peacock as our national bird when the crow is ubiquitous?"
CN Annadurai

Many don't know this.
But after independence BR AMbedkar wanted to make Sanskrit the national language of India. But this proposal was stopped?? Guess who stopped it

The problem with some RSS/BJP guys like that BJP-TN Minister & rajnath singh is they believe India must have one language & that language must be Hindi..

Do Look at these links & answers
Why do Hindi-speakers in Bangalore expect the locals to speak in Hindi instead of learning Kannada? - Quora
Why Bangalore is giving non-Kannada speaking people a hard time

Look at this SOB who was from North India, lived in bengaluru &
main-qimg-c9685a4cc3775481b1aefaf515aaed5a

My question- when will these heroes ask people like the above to start learning South Indian Languages & North-East Indian languages & respect their cultures for greater unity??

& more importantly,, why don;t they spend their time doing something productive for the nation instead of giving moral lectures?

I will say this one more time:-
The South Indians, in general, cannot thank the Tamilians enough; it is because of them that we have English still as an official language of the Union & not Hindi as the sole national language
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@mooppan your views please??

& let me say that I want to post a lot,lot more on this issue, but I don't wish to cause controversy around this stuff & especially not in the wrong place. I will not reply to any abuses/questions/requests/counter-points from other posters.

PERIOD

No need to get all riled up there are nutjobs in every party,no one here supports what he said

Also I see what you are trying to do,plz don't make this into a North vs South thing
Hindu values that have no scientific basis should be given up: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
Indian society, Mohan Bhagwat said, had maintained a tradition of rejecting redundant traditions and accepting “good things from all over the world” based on eternal life values.

RSS sarsanghachalak Mohan Bhagwat on Sunday called for a reassessment of Hindu religious values, saying that values that did not conform to scientific bases should be given up.

Bhagwat, who was here to participate in a columnists’ conference on “Indian perspectives on women’s issues”, said, “There is a need to assess the prevalent Hindu religion along scientific lines. Those values that do not conform to scientific standards should be given up.”

Indian society, he said, had maintained a tradition of rejecting redundant traditions and accepting “good things from all over the world” based on eternal life values.

All issues and problems should be viewed through the Hindu life philosophy, Bhagwat also said.

“The Hindu life view looks at men and women as two expressions of a single element. It therefore lays stress on unity instead of equality.”

The values and significance of the Indian family system, Bhagwat said, stood strong despite numerous challenges, which was a testimony to the power of the Hindu society. “Recognising our roots and strengthening them will empower the society to combat westernisation and numerous such attacks,” Bhagwat said.

The RSS chief said only the Hindu religion had the ability to move “creation” forward in a balanced way.

Bhagwat is on a nine-day tour of the desert state. The two-day columnists’ conference, that concluded on Sunday, was part of his Jaipur itinerary. He will now head to Jodhpur for the remainder of his tour, participating in Sangh meetings till September 20.

Hindu values that have no scientific basis should be given up: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat | The Indian Express

Like for the first part of the statement, half-like for the 2nd part.

Kannadigas are a little too paranoid about their culture in Bengaluru,, I say we should try & introspect why..

& you are right, but I have meet some people like that Mukhesh choudhary up north who believe that Hindi should be our rasthra bhasha,one jackass on a FB forum even called me unpatriotic & anti-national when I said that there should be no national language, & his father came & called me a bigot & narrow minded -_-

& all this still doesn't change the fact that some ministers like Rajnath singh should not make statements like this being the HM..
Am not mentioning the past over here

& yes I swear this is the last time I am breaking my rule , will edit this part out in 20 minutes..

1st time heard of a father-son duo on FB

Like for the first part of the statement, half-like for the 2nd part.
Kannadigas are a little too paranoid about their culture in Bengaluru,, I say we should try & introspect why..
& you are right, but I have meet some people like that Mukhesh choudhary up north who believe that Hindi should be our rasthra bhasha,one jackass on a FB forum even called me unpatriotic & anti-national when I said that there should be no national language, & his father came & called me a bigot & narrow minded -_-
& all this still doesn't change the fact that some ministers like Rajnath singh should not make statements like this being the HM..
Am not mentioning the past over here
& yes I swear this is the last time I am breaking my rule , will edit this part out in 20 minutes..

Don't blame them , Hindi is what they were taught in schools and it was automatically assumed that Hindi is our national language. Especially when vaste parts of North India speak Hindi. Problem is that North Indians have a huge problem traveling in South India because of how alien it is. especially when locals don't know Hindi. It is far better in last few years but you have to understand where they come from. Don't try to blame, try to understand.
Especially when talking in Hindi in some places will get you weird looks.

Idiots are all over the Internet, i have been even called a Pakistani and not to mention a RAW agent.

Only thing i want is we should be able to speak in one local language anywhere in India without depending on English. I don't care what it is. Hindi is simply in the best position.If we have to depend on English to talk to another Indian from some place else then we already lost one battle. I don't know why people are seeing this as a case of cultural invasion, no it isn't cultural/linguistic invasion. Its simply a case of a uniform language. We have ended up in a society were speaking good English makes you a "posh civilized" human being.But speaking another language from your own country causes all sorts of problems.

Last edited:
No need to get all riled up there are nutjobs in every party,no one here supports what he said

Also I see what you are trying to do,plz don't make this into a North vs South thing

1st time heard of a father-son duo on FB
This is NOT a North-South Issue.@echo_419 I may be a proud Indian Hindu Telugu, but I am not & have not intention of attacking North Indians or Hindi speakers.

North is not 100 % Hindi & South is not Hindi-hating in any mannter

This is against netas who are giving unnecessary moral lectures & ridiculous statements..

& yes even I found it quite weird, what was even more interesting was that the father bashed me after I gave the sone a verbal thrashing(through FB) :P

What was even worse was that the son studies in USA in an ivy-league university !! & the dad is a graduate from AIIMS!!

I almost fainted at the spot seeing such stupidity & didn't know whether I should remain shocked or cry at such stupidity!!:cry: :suicide:

Now compare this to a local house worker at my friend's house in Delhi who had a very good knowledge about South India & even knew some Telugu!!:o:

@Star Wars Ignorance from the poor is fine & absolutely justified, but not from educated netas, graduates from AIIMS or those studying in the USA or even IT professionals..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now please let us end the issue here once & for all & laugh at spamnath bharti:-:laugh:
Court issues non-bailable warrant against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: A trial court on Monday issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti in the domestic violence and attempt to murder case filed against him by his wife, making it clear that Bharti cannot evade arrest.

Metropolitan magistrate Manika passed the order after Delhi police informed the court that Bharti is not co-operating in investigation.

Police filed an application in the magisterial court seeking issuance of an NBW against Bharti hours after a sessions court denied anticipatory bail to him.

READ ALSO: Somnath Bharti denied anticipatory bail

Earlier in the day, additional sessions judge Sanjay Garg rejected Bharti's bail plea, saying charges against him are "serious". The sessions court refused to give any protection from arrest to Bharti while dismissing Bharti's contention that no charges were made out against him.

"At this stage, it cannot be said that charge of attempt to murder is not made out against him. There are specific allegation," the court said.

During the hearing, Delhi Police strongly opposed Bharti's plea and said he needs to be arrested and interrogated at length. Police also told the court that a lot of recoveries need to be made at Bharti's instance which would reveal crucial facts of the case. The public prosecutor told the court that they need to recover the telephonic conversations between Bharti and Lipika. He also said that Bharti's dog, which allegedly attacked Lipika, needs to be found.

READ ALSO: Somnath Bharti booked for domestic violence after wife's complaint

Opposing Bharti's bail, the prosecutor said that because of his "influential status", people are not coming forward to depose against him. Bharti's lawyer, on the other hand, pressed for Bharti's bail, saying no charges were made out against him and he would not abscond. Bharti's counsel Vijay Aggarwal said that Bharti is being made to suffer because Delhi Police and Bharti's political party are at loggerheads.

During the proceedings, Bharti's lawyer also said that Bharti loves his wife Lipika Mitra, wants to reconcile with her and "woo her back". However, Lipika, who was present in the court, said that she would never want to reconcile with Bharti as he would again subject her to torture.

Bharti has been booked for various offences and under several sections of the Indian Penal code (IPC), including domestic violence and attempt to murder.

READ ALSO: Wife, I were living separately, Somnath Bharti says

Police had filed the FIR following the June 10 complaint of Lipika made before the Delhi Commission for Women.

It was alleged in the complaint by Lipika that Bharti had been abusing her ever since their marriage in 2010.

She has also claimed that Bharti beat and tortured her and even tried to kill her once.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Court issues non-bailable warrant against AAP MLA Somnath Bharti - The Times of India

what an embarrassment for AAP

He is an SOB human being not a North Indian. Don't make this into a North v/s South thing. I have lived in Bangalore for 3 years. Besides i have no problem with promoting local regional languages but certain locals in Bangalore can become very intolerant towards outsiders. They even went in front of Infosys office once asking why locals were not being recruited :hitwall:. I remember they even attacked an Kannada language FM radio station once for airing a Hindi song. Some of the locals even have problem with English as they do not put English sign boards on their buses. Am i supposed to learn all the local languages before going to each state just to travel there ? forget Hindi i used to get stupid looks when i am talking in English in Bangalore. I am not blaming all locals here only certain people. Problem is on both sides lets not always point fingers at "North Indians"..

That is hardly a fair comparison. Forget which group protested against what, most Kannadigas rarely get uptight on this issue. However, even if they do, they do so within their own state unlike the gentleman from N.India using very colourful vocabulary. The point is not whether you should learn all local languages before visiting there, it is whether you should expect the locals to necessarily know your language. Little logic to that. Many people in Bangalore are multilingual, it still makes no sense in expecting that they understand Hindi. Do you think there is any chance of a Kannadiga going to Bihar or UP & attempting to speak English, let alone Kannada and get anywhere with that ? As long as the person who is not local is willing to show a little leeway to those not understanding him & attempt to get his point across by whatever means available, there is unlikely to be a problem. The problem usually creeps up if the person walks up expecting to be understood. Even those that understand don't much care for that attitude & that's where the problem usually arises.

lol...Why choose English and Not Hindi ? Why choose the language of the Britishers than the language of a North Indian ? Why not have only stuck with local languages ? Am not saying Hindi should be forced, but your choice of words of being glad of choosing English over Hindi is interesting..

Many reasons are offered. To some, they are equally alien languages, to others English is a neutral language giving no advantage to any group which might accrue if a mother tongue of one group was chosen. Others do it because they do not wish for their own language to be made a second class language. A language within India has more chance of overwhelming a local language than one from outside like English. Or so go the arguments. Pick any you prefer. It really does not matter.

@Star Wars Ignorance from the poor is fine & absolutely justified, but not from educated netas, graduates from AIIMS or those studying in the USA or even IT professionals..

As i said, its not about linguistic invasion, its only a case of uniform language...

That is hardly a fair comparison. Forget which group protested against what, most Kannadigas rarely get uptight on this issue. However, even if they do, they do so within their own state unlike the gentleman from N.India using very colourful vocabulary. The point is not whether you should learn all local languages before visiting there, it is whether you should expect the locals to necessarily know your language. Little logic to that. Many people in Bangalore are multilingual, it still makes no sense in expecting that they understand Hindi. Do you think there is any chance of a Kannadiga going to Bihar or UP & attempting to speak English, let alone Kannada and get anywhere with that ? As long as the person who is not local is willing to show a little leeway to those not understanding him & attempt to get his point across by whatever means available, there is unlikely to be a problem. The problem usually creeps up if the person walks up expecting to be understood. Even those that understand don't much care for that attitude & that's where the problem usually arises..

My point is these people exist on both sides. and all kinds of people exist on the Internet. as i said, some guy here has called my a RAW agent once, does not make it necessarily true. its unfair to take some obscure FB post and make a case out of it against North Indians or these "North Indian Immigrants" . Problem is not being understood or not, the problem is both sides needs to give some lee way. Its only right that buses and public transport at least have an English writing on it so that others can travel.

You can be a ethnic pakistani for all I care and all you claim to know. I can see that you are again attempting to divert from the topic.

Aadu also mean a goat, that does not mean it cannot be anything else :lol: .......Aadu can also means talk or dance/shake or even sports. What does that prove ? NOTHING.

Kodu is give in kannada. Same as oppisu or arpisu. The 'ge' indicates the article. i.e. Koduge.

Anyway I am not here to give you a free tutorials on Kannada or Sanskrit. I wanted to expose your agenda and I have done that. If you want to discuss language open another thread.

Again the same rubbish,

Since the word Monkey comes from german, it could very well have come from the sanskrit word "marka" for monkey from which Kannada world "manga" comes or Marathi "Makad" comes.

Market however comes from Latin Mercatus. Same root as Mercantile or Merchant.

Now stop wasting my time with your rubbish. I remember repeating the same line before with you.
Dance in Kannada is 'Kuni' or 'Nruthya'..
Kodugey means contribution..
eg-Kannadage nimma kodugey yenu??(what is your contribution to Kannada?)..
Ohh,I guess,You are mistaking it for the word kodunge??..
Eg-Enakku Thanni Kodunge(Give me water)..But its TAMIL,not Kannada..hehe
Manga and Markada are different..Kannada do use Sanskrit words like 'Markada' and 'Vanara' for denoting Monkey.. But most common usages are 'Kothi' and 'Manga'..
I prefer SUICIDE than taking Kannada coaching from you...

Dance in Kannada is 'Kuni' or 'Nruthya'..
Kodugey means contribution..
eg-Kannadage nimma kodugey yenu??(what is your contribution to Kannada?)..
Ohh,I guess,You are mistaking it for the word kodunge??..
Eg-Enakku Thanni Kodunge(Give me water)..But its TAMIL,not Kannada..hehe
Manga and Markada are different..Kannada do use Sanskrit words like 'Markada' and 'Vanara' for denoting Monkey.. But most common usages are 'Kothi' and 'Manga'..
I prefer SUICIDE than taking Kannada coaching from you...

LOL. I wish you will kill yourself before talking such rubbish and spreading your hate propaganda. Do the world a favour.

Kapi, Markata, Manga, Vanara, kodaga, Koti ...... ALL mean Monkey in Kannada. ALL of them have sanskrit root ranging from Vanara (jungle dweller, monkey), Markata (regular monkey), Kapi (reddish brown, monkey), Hari (brown, yellow, tawny monkey) etc.

The world Kodaga in Kannada, koranguh in Malayalam or kuranku in Tamil comes from the Sanskrit work "Kusaku" which again means monkey.

Ayurvedic plant called "Indrayava" is also known as "kodaga pala" or "kutakappaala" who's origin is said to be from the Amrit drops which fell off the back of "Kusaku Pala" i.e Monkey army or Monkey guards who died in Ramayana and who Indira gave back life with Amrit.

The Portuguese still call it "corte de pala" or "codaga-pala".

But such things are for the educated, well informed or the intelligent. Not for idiots who's only claim to fame is he managed to lean 4 languages and that is all he wants to show off again and again, in the hope that those who know less than him will consider him a "scholar" and help you spread more propaganda. Just Pathetic.

Finally, stop quoting me. I do not wish to waste my time with a "all knowing" fool.

Last edited:
The world Kodaga in Kannada, koranguh in Malayalam or kuranku in Tamil comes from the Sanskrit work "Kusaku" which again means monkey.

But such things are for the educated, well informed or the intelligent. Not for idiots who's only claim to fame is he managed to lean 4 languages
korangu from kusaku..hehe..even if its true..
So what??..Mostly likely it was a Dravidian loanword used in Sanskrit just like phala(fruit) which came from Dravidan root word 'Pazham'..
Sanskrit word 'Markada(monkey) is from Dravidan root word 'Mandi'(monkey)...
I may speak only 3 or 4 languages,But at least i could speak my mother tongue fluently...Its like speaking 100 languages for me..

korangu from kusaku..hehe..even if its true..
So what??..Mostly likely it was a Dravidian loanword used in Sanskrit just like phala(fruit) which came from Dravidan root word 'Pazham'..
Sanskrit word 'Markada(monkey) is from Dravidan root word 'Mandi'(monkey)...
I may speak only 3 or 4 languages,But at least i could speak my mother tongue fluently...Its like speaking 100 languages for me..

There is no "dravidian" language. There is only TAMIL where the word for fruit is Phalam/Palam i.e same as in Sanskrit. :lol:

Finally, stop quoting me. I do not wish to waste my time with a "all knowing" fool.
may be,But it is anytime better than posting sexist remarks against female members or @coming with 'female' IDs and tanking your own posts..

may be,But it is anytime better than posting sexist remarks against female members or @coming with 'female' IDs and tanking your own posts..

That fact that I target Women and Men proves I am not a Sexist :lol:

People who think I should treat women different are the real Sexist. But as they say, common sense is hard to find.

Last edited:
There is no "dravidian" language. There is only TAMIL where the word for fruit is Phalam/Palam i.e same as in Sanskrit. :lol:
Tamil is olderr than Sanskrit..hehe..
Actually we use both Pazham and PhaLam(literal) for fruit in Malayalam..like Poovu/Malar and Pushpam for flower..
Tamil-correct pronunciation/written form is pazham..But many of them pronounce zh as l..

There is only TAMIL where the word for fruit is Phalam/Palam i.e same as in Sanskrit. :lol:
I meant proto Dravidian language..
One more important thing to note-
'ZH' sound is the peculiarity of Dravidian languages like Tamil,Malayalam and Old Kannada(not in New Kannada)..Its completely absent in Sanskrit(correct me if i am wrong)...Pazham-Phala..If palam is from Sanskrit phala we would use it as palam in Dravidian instead of pazham..So in all possibilities it should be Dravidian-to- Sanskrit,not the other way around..thank you...

Back
Top Bottom