What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Afaik Christianity talks of one God. Jesus is said to have refused to curse non-believers when his teachings were rejected by the inhabitants of a village in Samaria. He simply moved on to the next village.
Excellent point. But Christ has been made only a part of Christianity. Christianity as we know it is a creation of The Church - as an out and out political dogma during the reign of Constantine. Gone was 'hit one cheek and turn the other one...'

A verse in Quran says “To you be your religion, to me be mine". But then nobody pays heed to verses which talk of religious tolerance.
You need to know about abrogation. It is a crucial concept in Islam. Read about the Prophet's experiences and view in Mecca, Medina and back in Mecca. Compare them. Read the passages are they were revealed and in order. You will get what I mean.

Geeta tells us that it's okay to be offensive when you 're under attack.

So there!!!
I can cherry pick verses from diff religious texts. You get the drift of it, don't you???
You are FREE to ignore the Gita. It is not forced on you. Even if you are Hindu you are not dutybound to follow every word of it. It is a word of guidance from Sri Krshna to Arjuna. It suited Arjuna in his time of trials. It may NOT suit your situation. Choice is yours. Your own morality is finally your own responsibility. It should not be guided primarily by a book. ANY BOOK. You are a human being. Not a book coded robot. :)

^^^^ dedicated to all OROP saga
1. Sangha and VIF diktat a sudden announcement on OROP, so they are happy.

2. Veterans got (atleast some of) their due after 40 yrs from a govt, so they are happy.

3.BJP got another shot in the arm to expose congress and tell how they are serious on their poll promises (actually they did), it gonna help'em in all pan north india upcoming election including bihar and up, so they are happy.

4.Because all of bove the sanghi inside me is really very happy.

5.Media got their pound of flesh (either in for or against), so they are happy.

......SO THEN WHO THE HELL IS NOT SO HAPPY!!! (not counting seculars and rationalist)

1. The techie and a military jhingo for india inside me, as what all we pretented to be in a military forum is not so happy.

>>The one who gonna feel the jerk is our military modernization. If the goverment figure to be believe 10 to 12k cr. extra in revenue expd. in each year, if one take cumilitive of it for the next 5 or 10 yrs it is going to be huge financial liabilities for a economy like india as per the present situation.

>>The finance minstry (better not ot talk abt JAI TLY ji) will now have a good excuse not to put more or as required money in the capital expd. den again the same saga "conflict betn south and north block over financial issue" will continue, as a result as you all know.

>>The real matter of pitty is how many times the all kind of retired veteran association goes on a hunger stike for the speedy induction of light weight BPJ and ballistic head gear for the solider who is the first line of defence in the border area. How many times they rushed to jantar mantar for ARJUN, TEJAS, INSAS or for 155 mm ARTILERY.

>>They are all now with a power of numbers acting like the labour or trade uniouns. holding gov in ransom with some political and media nexus. I think after ADARSH this is another example where veteran-politician nexus obstucting the real beneficiary from any gov scheme.

>>MODI JI minsters has tobe blammed the most they just made this more murkier, they handdled it rally bad , they never tried the reconcile the rebel once nor they ever tried to break the group, only after pressure from RSS they hastily giving smnthing.

i wish had modi not made that hissar rally announcement in the beigining, this matter will be in status quo atleast for another four more year , Congress not so easily have rulled this country for more than 50 yrs, they know how to avoid and fool people.

Correct me if im wrong thanks in advance:-)

1_2535116g.jpg

6_2535105g.jpg

4_2535108g.jpg

7_2535104g.jpg

2_2535112g.jpg

3_2535110g.jpg

5_2535107g.jpg

This govt's media policy sucks.. This OROP handling has been a disaster.

Even the wordings of OROP could have been so much better. Why use VRS in draft when no such thing exists in armed forces? Deliberate way to create conflict ?

10K crores per year is being added. Why fight for few more crores for PMR ? Those eligible for pension irrespective of PMR should be given OROP.

Someone from his own govt. is trying his/her best to malign Modi.

OROP could have been one of the highlight of this govt. But sadly Modi does not seem to be learning.

I have come to the conclusion that they don't care about the media. Lets see how that pans out.

As for the usage of VRS in draft - that was just unprofessional - the person responsible should be simply sacked. Though, this does show hat things were done in a hurry, probably after the kick to the backside by the RSS.

OROP will be a major highlight, the hiccups notwithstanding. Modi will extract maximum benefit come election time.

There is obviously plenty of internal sabotage - particularly from the bureaucracy that both does not wish the veterans to have something they don't and also has a healthy does of Congi stooges still.

^^^^ dedicated to all OROP saga
1. Sangha and VIF diktat a sudden announcement on OROP, so they are happy.

2. Veterans got (atleast some of) their due after 40 yrs from a govt, so they are happy.

3.BJP got another shot in the arm to expose congress and tell how they are serious on their poll promises (actually they did), it gonna help'em in all pan north india upcoming election including bihar and up, so they are happy.

4.Because all of bove the sanghi inside me is really very happy.

5.Media got their pound of flesh (either in for or against), so they are happy.

......SO THEN WHO THE HELL IS NOT SO HAPPY!!! (not counting seculars and rationalist)

1. The techie and a military jhingo for india inside me, as what all we pretented to be in a military forum is not so happy.

>>The one who gonna feel the jerk is our military modernization. If the goverment figure to be believe 10 to 12k cr. extra in revenue expd. in each year, if one take cumilitive of it for the next 5 or 10 yrs it is going to be huge financial liabilities for a economy like india as per the present situation.

>>The finance minstry (better not ot talk abt JAI TLY ji) will now have a good excuse not to put more or as required money in the capital expd. den again the same saga "conflict betn south and north block over financial issue" will continue, as a result as you all know.

>>The real matter of pitty is how many times the all kind of retired veteran association goes on a hunger stike for the speedy induction of light weight BPJ and ballistic head gear for the solider who is the first line of defence in the border area. How many times they rushed to jantar mantar for ARJUN, TEJAS, INSAS or for 155 mm ARTILERY.

>>They are all now with a power of numbers acting like the labour or trade uniouns. holding gov in ransom with some political and media nexus. I think after ADARSH this is another example where veteran-politician nexus obstucting the real beneficiary from any gov scheme.

>>MODI JI minsters has tobe blammed the most they just made this more murkier, they handdled it rally bad , they never tried the reconcile the rebel once nor they ever tried to break the group, only after pressure from RSS they hastily giving smnthing.

i wish had modi not made that hissar rally announcement in the beigining, this matter will be in status quo atleast for another four more year , Congress not so easily have rulled this country for more than 50 yrs, they know how to avoid and fool people.

Correct me if im wrong thanks in advance:-)

It was all well scripted - BJP-RSS meet , planting stories of RSS diktat on OROP and then announcing it the very next day - well played IMHO. Govt takes care of its PR ,RSS needed some desperately.

I have come to the conclusion that they don't care about the media. Lets see how that pans out.

As for the usage of VRS in draft - that was just unprofessional - the person responsible should be simply sacked. Though, this does show hat things were done in a hurry, probably after the kick to the backside by the RSS.

OROP will be a major highlight, the hiccups notwithstanding. Modi will extract maximum benefit come election time.

There is obviously plenty of internal sabotage - particularly from the bureaucracy that both does not wish the veterans to have something they don't and also has a healthy does of Congi stooges still.
for a party which is blessed with great orators, BJP find itself wanting in communicating their good deeds.

for a party which is blessed with great orators, BJP find itself wanting in communicating their good deeds.

Haha.. true but that's common when a party gets into power, the good ones become ministers. The others don't seem to want to waste time on TV.

As I see it, the English media is insignificant, Hindi and regional channels are the ones to care about. Even more so, you need to handle media like Sushma Swaraj - have a press conference when it matters, let them bark on other insignificant matters.

When you are in press conference - you have the control. When you are on a talk show - you lose that control.

Haha.. true but that's common when a party gets into power, the good ones become ministers. The others don't seem to want to waste time on TV.

As I see it, the English media is insignificant, Hindi and regional channels are the ones to care about. Even more so, you need to handle media like Sushma Swaraj - have a press conference when it matters, let them bark on other insignificant matters.

When you are in press conference - you have the control. When you are on a talk show - you lose that control.
that's the thing DM is not a good with Media even in Press conferences, he read the whole OROP announcement word to word along with bullet points yet it was so ambiguous or maybe it was just poorly drafted.

that's the thing DM is not a good with Media even in Press conferences, he read the whole OROP announcement word to word along with bullet points yet it was so ambiguous or maybe it was just poorly drafted.

Both I think. Poorly drafter, probably in a hurry and he is not a good orator.

Don't know much about him, but here is an article by another US Indian Surgeon Shukla , who was asked to sign on propaganda piece against India.

It's long but you won't find it boring.

The Illiberal Indian Left: An Anatomy Of The Petition | Swarajya

It is ironical they sent the letter to him to sign. He is in the co-founder of Hindu American Foundation and was involved in a bitter dispute with the illberals over the negative portrayal of Hinduism in Californian text books and later on with a war of letters and words with Deepak Chopra over who owns Yoga with Deepak denying Yoga belongs to Hinduism and Shukla being on our side.

It is ironical they sent the letter to him to sign. He is in the co-founder of Hindu American Foundation and was involved in a bitter dispute with the illberals over the negative portrayal of Hinduism in Californian text books and later on with a war of letters and words with Deepak Chopra over who owns Yoga with Deepak denying Yoga belongs to Hinduism and Shukla being on our side.

Chutiye non-science stream walon ke IQ se aur kya expect kar sakte hai . :lol:

Excellent point. But Christ has been made only a part of Christianity. Christianity as we know it is a creation of The Church - as an out and out political dogma during the reign of Constantine. Gone was 'hit one cheek and turn the other one...'

You need to know about abrogation. It is a crucial concept in Islam. Read about the Prophet's experiences and view in Mecca, Medina and back in Mecca. Compare them. Read the passages are they were revealed and in order. You will get what I mean.

You are FREE to ignore the Gita. It is not forced on you. Even if you are Hindu you are not dutybound to follow every word of it. It is a word of guidance from Sri Krshna to Arjuna. It suited Arjuna in his time of trials. It may NOT suit your situation. Choice is yours. Your own morality is finally your own responsibility. It should not be guided primarily by a book. ANY BOOK. You are a human being. Not a book coded robot. :)
Stop giving me gyaan guyz.
It's not about ignoring Geeta and accepting a diff faith but about looking at religion from a diff perspective. Why are you always so iffy about Islam or Christianity?? or do you feel those religions teach nothing but violence while Hinduism preaches only peace???
If so Mr. MK Gandhi, ahimsa personified, would not have faced such ignominy in India.

image.jpg

Lil devil !!!
Poor man, it seems faced some stealth trolling.

Back
Top Bottom