What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

Why didnt they go for joint session to pass land bill ? I am truly disappointed Modi had to water down the land bill to its 2013 Congress form

Did 2013 version of land bill allow states to make their own amendments ? Because the land bill for north east would be different from what it is for say U.P.

All depends on AIADMK support.If left and cong are the only ones opposing then it might sail through somehow

Also @Star Wars Jai italy has diluted the whole thing significantly, cong demands (though they are demanding so that bill can be opposed) are rational and reformist

He did talk to AIADMK , so i assume he has support from jaya. and i do believe he has support from other parties from the look of it. BJP is looking for seriously pushing GST tomorrow. we,ll see what happens.

Land Bill is in mess because BJP couldn't clearly explain it to people. Media deliberately tried to portray it is anti farmer and people bought that narrative.

Land Bill is in mess because BJP couldn't clearly explain it to people. Media deliberately tried to portray it is anti farmer and people bought that narrative.

i still kinda doubt this slightly, if states can make their own landbill, what is to stop BJP states from making its own version of their landbill... ?

He did talk to AIADMK , so i assume he has support from jaya. and i do believe he has support from other parties from the look of it. BJP is looking for seriously pushing GST tomorrow. we,ll see what happens.
I have little hope that GST will be passed in this session RS speaker looks more eager than Congress MPs to adjourn the house.

I have little hope that GST will be passed in this session RS speaker looks more eager than Congress MPs to adjourn the house.

Lets wait and see, they do have the support in the house only problem seems to be congress and the left parties...
I also read in the Hindu they might call parliament session after Independence for GST

Then what ? Repeat of 'India shining' in 2019 ?

Remeber you or me or the urban eilte are not the largest vote banks in this country

Good Read:

Land Bill: How Modi can puncture the Congress filibuster on it - Firstpost

NDA will have to eat crow on land bill, but here's how to make a comeback - Firstpost

Did 2013 version of land bill allow states to make their own amendments ? Because the land bill for north east would be different from what it is for say U.P.

States can have their own land acquision law? Still no good. As the second article suggests Modi government should go back to the drawing board on the land bill and come up with a winner in 2016. I wonder why joint session was not considered to pass the bill as Modi envisaged it.

States can have their own land acquision law? Still no good. As the second article suggests Modi government should go back to the drawing board on the land bill and come up with a winner in 2016. I wonder why joint session was not considered to pass the bill as Modi envisaged it.

What's wrong in that?? Each state has their own problems & limitations, add to that the type of land in each state. So let the states decide the type of LAB they want, it was foolish by both parties to try & force their version down the rest of the nation.

& regarding joint session, they don't have the guts to kick out 44 MPS from the LS or do the below,
NDA govt has not removed Robert Vadra's name from no-frisking list at airports reveals RTI | The News Minute

So how will they have the guts to do the above?

I say expelle these suckers
So called 56 inches didn't kick them out when they embarrassed the nation in front of the Bhutanese delegation, why would he do this now??

Why didnt they go for joint session to pass land bill ? I am truly disappointed Modi had to water down the land bill to its 2013 Congress form

I am betting on the provision which allows states to make their own land laws & they can bring amendments when they have a majority in the RS

Then what ? Repeat of 'India shining' in 2019 ?

Remeber you or me or the urban eilte are not the largest vote banks in this country

Good Read:

Land Bill: How Modi can puncture the Congress filibuster on it - Firstpost

NDA will have to eat crow on land bill, but here's how to make a comeback - Firstpost

Modi is no vajypee this guy is here to stay atleast till 2024

i still kinda doubt this slightly, if states can make their own landbill, what is to stop BJP states from making its own version of their landbill... ?
How would it work out for Industrial corridors which run across various states? Say Delhi-Kolkata route?

May this govt. be a failure & get kicked out in 2019 & may the bastards who destroyed AP & refuse to help it suffer a fate worse than death

If there is no question of Special status for AP, then there is no question of Big Joke Party ever securing it's deposit in AP or me ever voting for the BJP again.

As I said, the missionaries care more about Andhra Pradesh & Andhraites than our so-called Hindu Brothers in the North.

What's wrong in that?? Each state has their own problems & limitations, add to that the type of land in each state. So let the states decide the type of LAB they want, it was foolish by both parties to try & force their version down the rest of the nation.

& regarding joint session, they don't have the guts to kick out 44 MPS from the LS or do the below,
NDA govt has not removed Robert Vadra's name from no-frisking list at airports reveals RTI | The News Minute

So how will they have the guts to do the above?

So called 56 inches didn't kick them out when they embarrassed the nation in front of the Bhutanese delegation, why would he do this now??

I agree with you Modi has not been as tough as we thought he will be on the Congress is & leftists

Modi is relying too heavily on Jaitly, earlier bill also ran into trouble because BJP couldn't build their narrative and allowed opposition and media to spin it for propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom